logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
No No Hair Removal
unauthorized use of credit card
2. (20 mins ago)
Evolutionwriters.com
scam
5. (45 mins ago)
uk department@live.com
how to claim the prize amount

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

EverHome Mortgage Company, Jacksonville, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Loan Modification

EverHome Mortgage Company Contacts & Informations

EverHome Mortgage Company

Posted:    Sean W

Loan Modification

EverHome Mortgage Company
Jacksonville, Florida
everhomemortgage.com
I called the company to ask for a Loan Modification and they advised me not to pay my mortgage for 4 months then call back. I called the company 4 times and it is the same answer that I received. I received a letter in the mail from the company saying to call us we can help if you are over your head with your mortgage. My loan is also covered by FanyMay and they told me I was shit out of luck! Does anyone have a solution? I need help before I do lose my home. I have lost everything else...Sold newer car, dropped home phone + cable and internet and eating off cheap caned food since I need to make the payments.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jun, 2009 by   Bobbi 0 Votes
Look into filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. Discuss with a reputable Chapter 13 attorney. I'm in a different type of battle with Everhome/Fannie Mae. Their accounting records are a nightmare. Contest what they claim you owe. There are probably big mistakes in their records. Keep records of all of your payments handy, this is really important. Try not to become to frustrated with the amount of time it takes to get things straight. Try to get all of the assistance you can with going over your payment history matched against their records. If they file a claim in bankruptcy court that is not accurate, they can experience major fines by the judge. Also, there is the possibility that your attorney can file a request to reduce your payments and principle if you can prove that the value of your home has dropped significantly. This will require a current appraisal of your home. I know filing for bankruptcy protection is extreme but I really do not think that the mortgage servicer or mortgage company cares much about the person about to lose their home.

The other option you may have is to seek a credit counseling agency that does not charge a fee. The ones that do not charge a fee are legitimate. Check with your local consumer credit counseling agency.

Good luck to you.