logo

Apply urgent loan offer

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Everglades University, Boca Raton, Florida Complaints & Reviews - ALL AROUND LIARS! This school is a scam

Everglades University Contacts & Informations

Everglades University

Posted:    Micha Lynn

ALL AROUND LIARS! This school is a scam

Everglades University
Boca Raton, Florida
DO NOT GO TO EVERGLADES UNIVERSITY UNLESS YOU WANT A WORTHLESS DEGREE!!! I was in the alternative medicine program at EU for 1 1/2 years. I was lied to from day one by almost everyone at the school, including the former President herself, they are completely money driven and care nothing for the wellbeing of the students. I finally made the choice to withdraw last year when the SACS accreditation (that they had been telling me was pending immediate approval since I enrolled) had still not been approved. What's really sad is that many of the alt. med. students have plans to become naturopaths and sadly enough, will never be accepted to any accredited naturopathic university. I have read reviews of students in other majors that encountered the same issue when trying to go for masters or doctorate programs. Their Alternative medicine degree basically qualifies you to work in a health food store - and that certainly isn't going to pay back your, on average, $75, 000 in student loans for a BACHELORS DEGREE!! The tuition is down right disgusting and shameful, especially when you consider the quality of education you recieve and the fact that you're never in their classroom so there are incredibly minimal overhead costs for the school. I take classes at UWGA online now that are fully accredited and they are VASTLY different! I have to take proctored exams at a university, there are recorded video lectures, the professors actually give in depth feedback and grade on a collegiate level (At EU I never received less than a 100% on any paper that I ever wrote, and there were at least 15 like that), I feel like I have not even really been in school until now. Along with that, I now take a full 4 classes per semester and only pay about $2300 total in tuition - after any and all fees. I actually get money back from my student loans - a concept unheard of to me at EU where I would owe thousands every semester. I am now a nutrition science/dietetics major. After I started learning about various types of Alt. Med. I realized that nutrition is really the basis of almost every healing modality in the world. I feel strongly that nutrition is a good place to start with a solid background to lead you into a more specialized aspect of natural healthcare, and there are several AFFORDABLE and ACCREDITED education options. I now work in a chiropractic office as a nutritional consultant, attend many health seminars and am pretty active in the natural health care field in my area, and I would recommend that anyone looking at the Alt. Med degree from EU, instead find a useful degree in nutrition or a related field. Good luck!
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Aug, 2010 by   dtrq +2 Votes
Thanks so much for your post. I, too, would love to pursue a career in alternative medicine and requested information on Everglades University. I entered my mailing address and was expecting them to send me some brochures. Instead, I received no less than SIX voice mails in two days! That was red flag number one. When I called them to ask why they kept calling instead of just mailing something out to me, the call centre guy didn't answer my question, and instead just verified all my information, told me all the "academic advisors" were "busy with students" and scheduled an appointment for me to talk to someone else tomorrow! Also, the number he gave me to call back was different from the last few voice mails. The whole thing just reeks of b.s. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience but I'm glad you're finally in your chosen field and grateful that you posted this warning! Thanks again!
 12th of Aug, 2010 by   HAPPY EU STUDENT -2 Votes
FYI . EU is regionally accredited.

PS.There are over 1000 happy students.

For being a person who is studing alternative medicine seems like you need a happy pill!

Get a life!!
 12th of Aug, 2010 by   dtrq +1 Votes
LOL.

1) Which region?

2) Prove it.

3) If EU is only REGIONALLY accredited, why advertise NATIONALLY?
 20th of Sep, 2010 by   DeeOne +2 Votes
In case you didn't know, EU is accredited both ways. For most of the people that go to their campus this is a blessing because most of the schools here prey on people. The schools here are nationally accredited and THAT my friend is a rip off. EU is more like an umbrella school where you can at least transfer some of your credits and make them count toward a degree that actually means something. (regionally) As far as working in a health food store- I don't know who told you that. The Alt Med degree is a step degree- I was told this from jump and happily signed on the dotted line because I have no intention of stopping my education after this degree. I am sorry you feel mislead, but as a person that holds 3, yes three A.S. degree's from nationally accredited schools, I am happy to have a degree that can be seen.
 7th of Nov, 2010 by   Very Happy with Everglades University +1 Votes
I am an Alternative Medicine student at Everglades University and have been accepted at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Science in Arizona. There I will pursue a degree as an ND. I have no idea what you people are complaining about. Check it out and see for yourself.
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   Future Ayurvedic Doctor +1 Votes
I have been attending EU for 2 and 1/2 yrs now and have enjoyed every step of the way. Yes the school was going through the neccessary steps for accredidation but now it is official. I only have 15 months left in the program, which after I am scheduled to enroll in Maharishi University for my Master in Vedic Science and on to my PhD. So yes there is hope for a degree in alt med besides working at a nutrition store, your mind must be broad enough to fathom the possibilities. I would recommend EU to anyone looking for a non traditional University where their main focus is the happiness and success of the students. This is not a school where the professors want to show how smart they are, but they want to show how smart you are.
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by   HEALTHYFUTURE 0 Votes

Compliment - Everglades University

TWO HIGH FIVES...LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!!
 4th of Jun, 2011 by   Steven Cormier 0 Votes
SCAM Beware!!! I went here thought things were good till I went sign up for another semester and saw they were messing with my loans trying to get me to pay for things that I would of received. I then signed out in the middle of the semester for personal reasons. When I wanted to head back to school I wanted my transcripts and they told me I owed them noney and were not going to give me the 20 thousands dollars in credits I already paid for till I gave them the 387 I owe.
I paid then a month later they denied and said I still owe them and today was the last day to enroll in my new school and I said this. There response was we can get you in here and shuffle the 387 in new loans for you.
This is a legit money hungry school watch out. Now I cannot go to school cause of this issue. I am forced to get an attorney.
 16th of Jul, 2011 by   I'm not paying a DIME!!! +1 Votes
@Steven Cormier I just went through a similiar situation except that I asked for an unofficial copy of my transcrpits way before I dropped the rest of the semester and now misteriously owe them over $3000!!! This school is a scam and a fraud and their degrees suck! Out of 54 credits earned at Everglades only about 10 credits transfered over! To those of you that are happy with Everglades great, but don't try to cover up for the school and make it sound like its better than it really is. Do research on other schools and you will see! Everglades is crap and I'm really upset at myself for putting money in their pockets for over priced made up classes!! I couldn't be happier that I decided to drop Everglades like a bad habit!
 17th of Jul, 2011 by   KevinCO 0 Votes
I unfortunately had a similar negative experience. I went to Everglades University to pursue my degree in Construction Management. I took classes there for well over a year only to find out that NONE of my credits were transferrable. I kept getting the same song and dance about their pending accreditdation only to find out it was all BS. Their "advisors" are nothing more than glorified salespeople. Sure, they are all too happy to process your financial aid paperwork, which at the time seems like such an effort on their part, only to find out it's all because they want to have total control over YOUR money. After continuing to feel as though I was paying for my education as opposed to actually receiving an education I dropped out of the program. Now I have started over completely, because it was the only way to continue going to school since none of my credits are worth anything to any other accreditted university. To those who have been able to transfer their credits...I would look into those universtities as well, as they may on the same page as EU. To add insult to injury, they are trying to collect approximately $3000 from me as well after they already received $15, 000 in student loan money. This "school" is a business, not a place of learning.
 3rd of Jan, 2012 by   OneWhoGotTheEUScrew 0 Votes
Everglades is a B.S. school. It really is. SACS really screwed the pooch letting this one in the club. Watch out EU in 2015; SACS won't keep the wool over its eyes forever. You're sure to be found out by then... you greedy pigs.
 30th of Jan, 2012 by   Know who you are mf +1 Votes
Unbelievable language! Get a life dirtbag!!
 1st of May, 2012 by   Notgoing -1 Votes
Well I was looking at this school but...NEVERMIND. To the last person who posted.. LOL ... as your slapping a persons intelligence for bad language..try using good language. Two wrongs make two people look narrow minded.
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   SAM25 +1 Votes
BUNCH OF MOTHERFUCKING COCKSUCKERS IS WHAT THEY ARE
 14th of Jun, 2012 by   bubonicshrimp +1 Votes
I am a student who has been in attendance for several years, and am set to graduate at the end of this semester with my BS in Alternative Medicine. Taking a step back and looking at this objectively, here are the pros and cons for those considering attendance:

While EU is SACS-accredited, one must consider the quality of the education one is receiving. To me, most of these courses did not seem like "college-level" classes. At least, they were not as challenging as I had anticipated college-level courses to be. The staff turnover rate is particularly high; in my time attending EU, we had roughly five different deans and four different registrars. The Alt Med program specifically has seen some pretty severe blows to their staffing recently. Tuition is also fairly high for the quality of the program.

However, there is something to be said for the staff that remains. Instructors are genuinely concerned with student progress, and all are staggeringly knowledgeable in their fields. EU also offers small class sizes and the opportunity for more individualized attention to each student and his or her needs. I, at least, was also informed that the Alt Med program is a stepping-stone for further education. I did not go into this program intending to stop after receiving my Bachelor's. I was also treated kindly and with respect and understanding throughout my entire school career here; while it sometimes appeared as if the staff were unhappy with each other, they never allowed that to translate over to their students.

So there you have it, as objectively as I can manage it. If I could go back and do it again, knowing what I know now, I would still have made the decision to attend EU.
 11th of Dec, 2012 by   ssharon +1 Votes
EVERYONE PLEASE LISTEN - I WORKED at Everglades University in the Admissions Department and you folks have no idea!! It is one hell hole of a boiler room where 'advisors' are threatened with termination, proded and humiliated into making their 'quotas' for the week. Kristie Mollis is an insane tyrant, horrible vile human being who will fire on the spot if quotas are not met. I have seen staff crying, confused and terrified ona daily basis. I have actually seen potential 'suckers' for lack of a better word who fail entrance exams, so the staff just give the test again, and ADDS THE TWO SCORES TOGETHER to produce desired results. Ms. Mollis is devious and runs the joint like a degrading NAZI prison camp and will avoid eye contact with any staff at all costs. She knows she is a COMPLETE BITCH!! Seeta of the loan department will screw your mother to get the maximum loan through in very devious and deceitful ways. They are even praised for their unabashed greed and dishonesty. They prey on imigrants who enter the 'school' any way they can, because while there they cannot be deported. This is all partered with Keiser and the former Kaplan and the SOB running them. Stay away at all costs. They are complete thieves.
 21st of Oct, 2013 by   EUHTR 0 Votes
I thoroughly enjoyed reading these comments and the exchange between "OneWhoGotTheEUScrew" and "Know who you are mf" is really funny because I too know the MF and he's one smart cookie. Looks like he really got your goat! I'll be sure to point that out to him. Funny you chose to say "get a life" to him. He's got one that most people would be fully jealous of, and I think he's right that SACS won't be fooled again. So watch out EU. The clock's-a-tickin'!!!
 21st of Oct, 2013 by   EUHTR 0 Votes
 13th of Nov, 2013 by   KeiserSucks 0 Votes
I am actually attending Keiser University for a Bachelor's in Legal Studies. All I can say are negative things about this school. The only reason I stuck with it so long is the fact they made me take out incredibly high interest loans to pay for the school. They never contact you and when they do want contact you what they do is withdraw you from your class first so you suffer. After that they convince you that you owe them money after you already took out exaggerated loans that were supposed to cover the fees. After you spend so much, you have no other choice. I'm 7 classes away from graduating. I'm 3 weeks into my four week class and they dropped me the week I have a huge paper due. The way they do business makes me sick to my stomach. The people who work in the financial aid department are so rude and abrasive. Oh by the way. I am referring to the West Palm Beach Campus. But after reading all the complaints on the internet, it seems to be an ongoing problem for all of Keiser/Everglade University students.
Did I mention they were involved in a lawsuit with the state of Florida for deceptive business practices?
 18th of Mar, 2014 by   ranyajoy +1 Votes
Don't waste your time or money on this school. I will say the customer service was excellent though but the class design and the un-realistic assignment goals are insane. Four weeks is a joke to cover that amount of material with any hope of retaining any of it for future use. When we were hit with the snow, ice storm, power outage for a week along with the 4.2 mini earthquake I reached out to the school to let them know by phone that I was unable to do test or log in for student posts and they gave me a zero and no offers to allow me to make up the course work. All they care about is their pockets. Now I will say some of the professors are very good and then there are others that seem like they orbit the solar system. Please do your research before attending any school. Be certain to also check out reviews as well sometimes they can be helpful.

Save Money by Planning the Several Meals with One Ingredient