logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (1 mins ago)
Gambler Tobacco
Tube cut tobacco
3. (2 mins ago)
PCH Games
can't redeem tokens
4. (7 mins ago)
ADP Total Pay Card
False information/Inability it access funds
5. (11 mins ago)
trynulexa.com
They continued to take money from me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

POOR SERVICE DURING FLIGHT DIVERSION

Airlines
United Arab Emirates
etihadairways.com
Through this letter, We would like to bring to light the suffering of passengers during their 26-hour journey from Chennai to Abu Dhabi in the EY-276 flight on 31/12/2008.
The flight which was scheduled to take off at 15.20 took off at 19.15 hrs. Before reaching Abu Dhabi Airport it was diverted to Al Ain at 22.00 due to bad weather and finally it reached Abu Dhabi only at 10.30 next day. During this time no proper food or accommodation was provided to the passengers. There was total confusion in the airport as the authorities did not know where the flight had been diverted and what time it would reach the scheduled destination. When I approached Mr. Ridhwan, the duty manager-in-charge to know the whereabouts and the condition of my in-laws who were travelling in this flight, he could not answer as he was not informed.
I request you to investigate into the matter and take appropriate action as early as possible. Given below are the details of my in-laws who travelled in the EY-276:
Booking Ref. 5EGH2A Mohammed Hussain N Mr, Hameedunnisa M Mrs.
Comments United Arab Emirates Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of May, 2009 by   leonhd 0 Votes
I agree 'coz I've experienced it last 24 april 09 during my travel from Manila to abu dhabi EY421 they just served 2 small bread with tuna & bfast oatmeal. In abu dhabi going to jed I waited more than 8 hrs 'coz of flight delay etihad never serve anything. I will never repeat flying etihad my friends and colleagues too. We are group of companies my bad experience already circulated thru email and they reply to me...THEY WOULD NEVER & EVER FLY WITH ETIHAD.
 27th of Jul, 2009 by   Ardas +1 Votes
I like the meals.
 1st of Aug, 2009 by   lilli1976 0 Votes
me too, love their meals!!!
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   julesjerry 0 Votes
I agree with you. i travelled with my two years old and with my husband. we three didnt get good service. I felt like i flyed in a buffalo cart because of my body pain after flying Worst flight service and i my baggage is damagedfor which i didnt get any claim.if u know what to do let me know.
 8th of Oct, 2010 by   Sachin tend 0 Votes
i have booked a return ticket when i last travelled from london to india...return ticket is in nov...when i was booking ticket the agent did promise me to change the date if i dont travel back in Nov...so i took the ticket coz he promised me to give flexible outbound date...but now when i called in to change with customer services he goes no cancellations, no date change nor a refund be given...i m stuck now...neither i can travel on flexible dates when i got leave approved from my work nor i have a flight which eithad can change the date on it...its such a shame on eithad...i really got impressed when i first came to this airline...i was regular customer for emirates but changed coz they did mess my dates on flight the same way...Never would travel on eithad n would suggest any of my friends around...u r losing hell lot of customers...
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   Etihad Disaster 0 Votes
Etihad does not have a customer services department. They do not care at all about the welfare of their customers.

If something goes wrong you will never get any help from them.

So if you value your time and life - Dont fly with etihad.

The staff are ignorant and arrogant.

CEO of etihad James Hogan should be sacked. ABC News likened him to " A Boy in a Lolly shop"

Spending all the sheikhs money but not building a proper business with it.

They have now resorted to cost cutting and offering cheaper fares - They are going down - Avoid them at all costs.
 21st of Sep, 2012 by   Laowai 0 Votes
Similar experience here: no proper compensation for delayed Not up to the standard they claim

We just took etihad for our last trip from Geneva to Seoul and had a very poor experience. The plane was brend new and the service standard but far from the exceptional they promote. What was howver very bad is the lack of communication and help when our plane back was delayed. We ended up missing our connection in Abu Dhabi ( the last airport in the world where you want to spend time unless you fancy 5 hours in a McDonald type environment). Any other decent airline will offer access to the lounge or hotel if you are delayed by more than 6 hours in your journey.
Definitely the last time we traveled with them
 19th of May, 2013 by   Passanger_1 0 Votes
A unevitable experience which can happen to anyone when you are traveling with Etihad Airways. Bad part is it is at no mistake of passanger. This airlies promisses about good service but when situation comes, ground staff is horrible. Seems they are having disconnect between projecting their image and people executing them at the airpot/fligth.

Below is the situation:
1) I was traveling from Mumbai to New York via Abu Dhabi. My Mumbai to Abu Dhabi flight could not land at Abu dhabi on Mar 16th due to Fog. Totally understable that for safety reasons they landed flight in Muskat but the problem starts here. Flight attendants did not inform us before landing in Muskat what we will be doing in Muskat and how long we will be waiting there. Most of the passangers (including me) had connecting flight which we feared missing. We waited for 1.5 hour in plane then we were deboarded in Muskat. When we got down we were not kept informed what will heppen with our connecting flights. Lunch provided with 50 minutes wait in line. We were flown back to Abu dhabi after 3 hours. When i landed at Abu Dhabi with all the anxity i realized that I missed my New York flight.
2) I was told that I would be helped at airport with all the question/arrangements for next fligth. But what i saw is ground staff is working at very slow pace and handeling each customer care in 15 to 20 minutes. All the passangers were shouting and frusterated as staff was very unorganized and very casual with the sutuation.I had to waited in line for 5 long hours to get boarding pass for my flgith after 18 hours (not to forget it was after noon and I was awake all night).
3) I did not complain much but requested for hotel accomodation to crash and just sleep. No hotel accommodation provided as Abu Dhabi has only 30 to 50 rooms and all were booked. No phone card was provided .
4) I slept on sofa in Launge and some how spent 18 hours. I reached on time but next day again again same story flight got delayed by 3 hours. I feared that my luggage wolld have not been transferred to the flight to New York. I talked to Etihad employees and I was told that my luggage is moved to the plane i was boarding.
5) I reached JFK on Mar 16th just to realize that my luggage was never moved to my New York flight. I was so angry that Etihad Airways gave me false information.
6) I got my luggage after 44 hours from when i landed. On customer service recommendation I sent email to baggageclaims@etihad.ae to get my luggage. I claimed for compensation for not getting my luggage on time but I got a reply from customer service that I will not get compensated because New York was my country of residence and they don’t pay copensation. Seems they make their own set of rules and apply them for their own benefit.

Booking code is - LTNKOE