logo

Usbizdata.com
Worst customer support
3. (38 mins ago)
Mbi - Probiller.com
Charged me monthly for something I don’t know.
4. (1 hr 21 mins ago)
Sleepy's - Kingsdown Mattress
Kingsdown give up making mattresses!
5. (1 hr 22 mins ago)

SCAM

EOS CCA
Dallas, Texas
Phone: 877-611-1815
They called me with a claim of a bill they were trying to collect on from Verizon. The Bill was for over $900. I had an account with Verizon years ago and closed it - years ago.

They claim that the bill was for a phone number I know nothing about. They have not sent me any bill, or evidence that they hold any debt or what it might be for, but they did say that the "uncollected funds" has gone on my credit report. I doubt that .

I'll check, but their story keeps changing. They gave me a "reference number" that I tried to use but they do not recognize. So there is no accountability. No evidence of anything other than a scam.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Mar, 2010 by   hulaharry 0 Votes
They sent a collection letter to a relative's address (where I have never lived) for an AT&T Wireless Account (which I have but is paid in full every month). I called to ask what the deal was and they kept hanging up on me. Then they put the debt on my credit report. I wrote them a letter asking for verification of the debt and received nothing back. I called to ask the status of my complaint and was told that they have no idea when that would take place. I also contacted AT&T and they said the debt is too old and they have no information. They were quick enough to put it on my credit report, but when you ask for any kind of information they are clueless and now my credit score is suffering. So frustrating.
 5th of May, 2010 by   sinful1985 0 Votes
I hear you. I am trying to settle a dispute with them now. They saw we owe over $1, 000 to AT and T and that account was closed over 2 years ago. I wrote a letter lets see what happens.
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   WILK334 0 Votes
Do not pay them until you verify the debit, I was stupid enough to believe their scam, they told me that my brother had used my info to set up a at&t account for 900 dollars. Since it was on my credit it is my responsibility they told me. The also stated that they saw i was trying to buy a house and if i paid the debit the collection would be removed from my credit so i could purchase my home, but i would have to pay the debit in full. i spoke to three different "floor managers" who confirmed they would remove the collection from my credit since the debit was not mine, but i would have to pay the debit in full! I paid them 913 dollars yea the extra thirteen dollars was a processing fee and was told it would be immediately removed. two weeks later i called them to see why it has not come off and they told me it could take up to 30 days but don't worry we will take care of you. today i received notification from equifax that the collection had not been removed the balance had only been zeroed out. and is still showing as unpaid. WHAT THESE PEOPLE DO IS COMPLETELY ILLEGAL AND IMORAL THEY ARE ONLY OUT TO SCREW YOU AND STEAL YOUR MONEY. TAKE IT FROM ME VERIFY EVERYTHING!
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   barbsonnow 0 Votes
They are unethical. They conduct illegal acts. Legitimate debt collectors will not harass. This company sent collection letters to people who are not even related to me-nice work in an attempt to try to get a response. Recap: THEY CONDUCT ILLEGAL ACTS.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   pyst 0 Votes
I received a credit alert through my credit score provider and found out that my credit fell 150 points, I checked the reason and I learned that it was EOS CCA that sent that report to the credit beaureau so I called experian to dispute it to remove this error, Experian sent me this letter that said that AT&T was the primary provider and the report will remain in my credit until 2016, I called experian and told them that I got nothing to do with AT&T they told me to call AT&T so I did, AT&T asked for my info. and asked to called EOS CCA, so I called EOS CCA, EOS CCA told me to call AT&T, after a while of investigation calling here and there, AT&T told me that they do not use the ss# nor a signature to create a contract(which I think it is very irresponsable ) they only ask for the driver licence #, so I called OES CCA and told them that the drivers license last four digits does not match, now they want a copy of my driver's license (I know i will not send them a copy because I do not trust them at all) so here I am all stressed out because this problem will not go away.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   JP Smith 0 Votes
I received a bill in my deceased husband's name from EOS CCA 700 Longwater Drive, (PO Box 5012) Norwell, MA 02061-5012, 1-800-434-8681, for $691.27 on behalf of their client: AT&T Mobility. I knew that was nonsense, because we severed all ties with AT&T more than ten years ago without an outstanding balance. I called to find out information, gave them their acct and client reference number from the bill they sent me! They gave me my husband's name, asked for the last 4 digits of the social and the address and stated that the info did not match their acct information, except the amount, of course. It was a different person in another state. So, I asked, "If you have a different name and address, how did I get the bill under his name and address?" She couldn't answer my question. I said, "When was the debt incurred?" She told me she couldn't answer that question "by law", since it wasn't my account. Hmmmm. My question is: Is is legal to send fraudulent bills to a man's widow? What if I was afraid and paid it? I'm sure they would have NO problems taking my money.

This is horrible. I can just picture someone paying it, thinking it might be legitimate.
 15th of Jul, 2010 by   pj sheehan 0 Votes
i have tried 3 times to post. everyone please make complaints to ftca these people need to stop going after widows seems like it their mo. i have been dealing with them since 2006 and ms jw goldman assured me this will never go away. it is not even my debt i moved out of my house and verison never shut off service. i proved that house was sold and living and fla.
 15th of Jul, 2010 by   pj sheehan 0 Votes
oh and the better bussiness claims that they are a plus with no complaint. contact them to
 4th of Aug, 2010 by   eos-cca 0 Votes
They treat all their employees like crap, they hire felons! Yes felons, you have felons looking at all your personal information.
 10th of Oct, 2010 by   dmmcs 0 Votes
I received a bill in my husbands's name, whom I've been seperated from, in more than ten (10) years. I informed the company of this, and tried to give the company his cuirrent address, yet the phone representative, made a medieval age statement, "Because you're still married to him, we have the right to send his bill to your place of residendency. I asked "Why? The bill will only be disposed of, without opening, "I'm attempting to give you his current address, because I'll only dispose of the letter. Therefore you're waisting postage, sending his mail to the wrong address. The rude, unprofessional telephone operator hung up the phone.
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   kena1 0 Votes
They contacted me for an xm radio 34.38 debt they state I owe due to cancellation of service. I called xm and could not make the operator understand that I had cancelled. The eos cca guy acted as if I was an idiot, I may be an idiot but I have a law degree and will fight them with every fiber...
 31st of Oct, 2010 by   VelvetBlk 0 Votes
I agree. They are scam artists. My mother paid them well over $800.00. I checked a voice mail on MY home phone (which I only use if my cell phone is dead...so never) and they were looking for her? For what? I wish I could have gotten the phone call myself. My mom doesn't even call my house. So what are they doing, going through old phone records and contacting anyone? Pathetic! Oh, by the way...she paid that in June and her account had been closed for over a month. So why did she just receive another bill? I advised her not to pay it. Its very disheartening to know that innocent people have to suffer through such nonsense.
 3rd of Nov, 2010 by   jstn 0 Votes
I just checked my credit report and noticed a collection from this EOS - CCA from ATT Mobility. As everyone else here states they paid their balance in full and should not have an outstanding balance. I called the number on the report 781-681-4300 and spoke to 2 different individuals. They have limited knowledge on anything pertaing to this collection just that I owe 150 bucks. He told me how to dispute it which was a letter of dispute proof of residence, a copy of my drivers license and a incident report from the police. The address to send it to was 700 Longwater Dr Norwell MA 02061. Again I never received a letter from ATT or Cingular saying I have any balance. I changed wireless carriers in good standing now 3 almost 4 years later I have a collection for 150 bucks. This is not possible. I don't trust these quacks. Would like to know how to handle this properly????
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   Fred Moore 777 +1 Votes
FORGET the Better Business Bureau!!! FOREVER. Who do they collect 100% of their revenue from? Their members. So who do you think they really care about> I worked in the Automobile business for 27 years and was a member of the BBB all 27 years. You get a complaint from them, answer it bact to them and it goes on record as handled.?????? If you have a problem with this debt collector or any other just contact a Consumer Attorney. Google will supply you with many names. The FTC has very strict guide line for them to follow. You can read about the FDCPA. This law is great for the consumer. They have to pay a fine of $1, 000.00 for each and every violation. It can add up quick. PLEASE CALL A CONSUMER ATTORNEY TO HELP YOU. It's a little bit of work but very easy money. Make these thugs PAY FOR THEIR CRIMES! They have to pay your Attorny's fee too. It's great to be an American with rights. So use them.
 15th of Nov, 2010 by   Duzell -1 Votes
You're all stupid. It's clear none of you have ever worked in debt collection. I've worked for this company, but under it's defaulted student loan. It isn't a scam company, it is a legitimate business. They have contracts with the Department of Education. Yes they will call a lot and harass you, too many collectors do that but it doesn't mean the company is a fraud. They break the law because the law keeps changing to let people who blow off their bills keep doing it because they cry about harassment. Their story changes a lot because new information is found out and more than one person tends to work on the account and so how the situation is perceived may change. They don't have to pay for every violation. When I worked there it never happened and there were a lot of people who broke it. Chances are you don't have proof.

Of this branch the Verizon people are the lowest, but that doesn't mean you don't have an account and that your credit isn't being ruined.
 19th of Nov, 2010 by   booyah -1 Votes
They keep calling about a guy who never ever lived here, let alone ever had a phone account. All we can figure is that he used his ex-girlfriend's father's phone number for credit somewhere once. EOSCCA has been calling here several times a month for at least a year! Since it's always a recording, we can't remove ourselves from their list! I've left them extensive messages as to where he is, but apparently they don't care. We'd have to buy an answering machine with a lcoal blocker for programmed in numbers?
 25th of Nov, 2010 by   susan82 -1 Votes
I work for eos cca. I collect for the Dept of Education. I can assure you that we are a legit collection agency. If people didn't ignore their debts or refuse to pay them, I'd be out of a &$@/?&! job!!
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   Atreyu57 0 Votes
You work for EOS CCA? Then I don’t know how you do your job and feel good about yourself when you sleep at night! Your company is full of douche bags and people who have no respect for others! I got a collection in the mail from EOS CCA for AT&T MOBILITY for a $749 bill that I never had anything to do with! EOS CCA does not have my correct social and is still trying to get me to pay for it! AT&T has no record of ever sending me to collections and EOS CCA said that’s because when the buy a collection from the company the company just erases their files...I’m sorry but that’s bull sh!t, and if AT&T did send me to collections why was it that I was able to set up a new account 3 months after they sent me? So when I called I spoke with 4 different individuals. The first one was a complete prick right off the bat, blaming me for this and trying to belittle me, telling me that if I didn't pay this then I would never be able to get a house, refinance on a house, or be able to buy a car...just so everyone is clear, this collection was set up in 2007, I have since bought at house, 2 cars, and refinanced 2 times and never had a problem with it! Then I asked for a Supervisor, when he came on the line he asked me what my DOB was, so after I told him he was like "Well that’s what I have on file so you HAVE to pay this, stop wasting my time and stop wasting my employees time!" then hung up. So of course I called back to get the managers name...got the same guy who answered first and he wouldn’t give me his name and hung up on me. Called again for a 3rd time and spoke to a guy named Manny. The first person who tried to help me. So after speaking with Manny I asked what the last managers name is, his name is Cruz. So then I asked if I could speak to someone over Cruz to complain...all I wanted to do was express how I felt on how this person treated me. I then was transferred to Ian Murphy who I guess was a sup over Cruz...well this guy was no help at all. Once again pointing fingers at me and tried to blame my brother for stealing my identity. He was no help and told me the same thing about not being able to buy a house and said that he was going to ruin my credit for 16 years and then he hung up on me! This company is full of inconsiderate bastards who don't give a crap about you and want nothing, but your money! I have never called ANY company and been treated like I was some alien who just raped their whole family. For ANYONE who ever gets a letter for a collection with them be ready for a fight and for them to not help you try to resolve this. This is a piss poor company who needs to be shut down for trying to scam people to pay for sh!t that does not belong to them. Oh and Susan82...I would rather be out of a job living in a gutter then work for them!
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   caitybaby93 0 Votes
To everyone out there who believes that EOS CCA conducts illegal acts, you are wrong. The company abides by all the rules of the FDCPA. They train all their collectors agressively to ensure that there are no voilations of the debtors rights or the company's. When they promise a deleton, they deliver. If the account still appears on your credit report you have to file a complaint with the credit bureaus to have it deleted. By law, they are allowed to send a letter to a friend or relative. It is not harassment. It is called "skip tracing". It is an attempt to get in touch with you through a possible relative or friend. Also, they are a third party collection agency. By the time the debt makes it to their company, they are no longer obligated to inform you they have the debt before applying it to your credit report. What happens is, a company, for example AT&T, will hve an account with you. When your account goes delinquent AT&T will try contacting you directly. If they are unable to clear up the matter with you, they will then give the account to an outside agency to collect. They will typically give it to at least 2 outside agencies before giving up. When they give up, they sell it to a third part company. EOS CCA works with both purchased debt, (third party collections), and second party debt that they only have for a short period of time. I worked for this company for over a year and, no, I did not agree with all of their practices but, everything they do is legal. Besides, if you don't want debt collection agencies calling or sending you and your family letters, pay your bills. Don't blame the collectors for your bad debt or for not trying to contact you. You knew about your bill. Also, if a family member steals your ID, do something about it. Don't think that you can get out of paying the bill just because it's over 1000 dolars and you don't want to pay it. It is going to ruin your credit unless you prove it isn't yours. Be real people, be responsible adults and handle your actions properly. Stop try ing to throw the blame on a group of people who only get a tiny bit of information from an outside company and are told to collect on the debt. Grow up. Also, if you're going to try to claim that they are violating laws, you might want to read up on the FDCPA so you actually know what you're talking about.
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   legaleye 0 Votes
I too just received a bogus form letter from this company. The address on the envelope was correct however the name was close but wrong. Since there was no return address I opened the envelope which was the senders intent. The debt was for a $978 Verizon account which I do not have. In an attempt to straighten out their mistake I called the given phone number. Big mistake. The high school drop out that answered the call ( no doubt her second job after she leaves her dream job at the mall) was immediately combative and rude. When I explained that I was not the person they were looking for she immediately stated/screamed that opening someone else's mail is a Federal offense. Since this was her pre-programed response it was obvious that this is part of their scam. I asked for the operator's name which she stated was "Katrina". Interesting since the letter sent to my address was addressed to a "Katrina". I called my neighbor who is an attorney and he explained that sending out a bogus name but correct address is an attempt to trick the "addressed recipent" to open the letter because most people have received correspondence with mis-spelled or incorrect names. He also suggested that I file a complaint with the A.G in this state as well as the A.G. in MA since this is the company location listed on the letter. Additionally, I have contacted Verizon and have verified that this is a fraudulent use of my address and that this is not my account nor do I owe a penny, therefore I will be filing through their legal dept. affidavets of fraud and will insist on prosecution of the person(s) that used my address or any other information. That said I will take him up on his offer to pursue a civil complaint against this company and yes the lovely operator that felt the need to state Federal law. What she did not know is that I used to work for the Federal Government ( God help me) and know Federal Law just a little better than she. As a footnote .. my husband's company has Verizon as a service provider for their exec's and have always found the company to be top notch. There will be a complaint filed with the upper level of Verizon concerning the type of company they have associated with.

Simple Ways to Save $1,000