logo

Deception

eLove
Newton, Massachusetts
Phone: 877-356-8370
Did anyone notice this "new" dating service all of a sudden surface, with 25 years of experience? Funny how the phone numbers and addresses are exactly the same at The Right One. If you look at the Complaint Board, you will see that The Right One has the most complaints of any dating service. They "reinvented" themselves at least one other time, from Together to The Right One. This allowed them to sweep under the rug all of the complaints lodged against Together. And now, they've taken this approach yet again. If it was merely a matter of renaming/branding, they would have honestly and transparently made mention of The Right One in their new web site and new name. And even more coincidence, eLove has the same staff that The Right One had. Does anyone really think anything changed other than the name? I would be curious as to who will really fall for this outright DECEPTION!
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jan, 2010 by   sketchjet +1 Votes
do what I do, go to a bar.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   Matchmaking Expert 0 Votes
We’re very proud of the services we provided the singles community during the past 35 years. The re-branding to eLove Matchmaking has been widely reported through media outlets and the new name extensively marketed. The reason for the name change is to better represent and promote eLove’s one stop solution for singles. eLove has recently been recognized by national organizations and publications: Inc5000 (as one of the fastest growing business in the country), iDate (named as one of the top three matchmaking companies in the world), and the Matchmaking Institute (awarded the seal of approval).

eLove recognizes and understands that there are unique advantages to both online dating and traditional matchmaking. Offering both levels of service provides members with as much choice and flexibility as possible to meet the demands of their lifestyles and achieve their objective.

For singles interested in building a long term relationship with like minded singles eLove Matchmaking will be the correct choice. At this level members need to qualify for membership. All members are required to pass a background check, be gainfully employed, emotionally ready to meet new people, and meet one-on-one with an eLove representative to discuss the process. Members will receive caring guidance and relationship/dating advice from their matchmaker throughout their membership.

We are proud of our record of providing an outstanding matchmaking experience to hundreds of thousands of members over the last 35 years, and we will continue to strive to ensure the best client experience possible.

We’re happy to answer any questions singles might have… email us at: Terry@eLoveCorp.com
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   Anya7777 +1 Votes
I have been deceived by this eLove service. They charged me $1000 for 6 matches. The first match did not respond; the second match, after changed meeting time for three times, did not show up; the third match, eventually met, was totally different from what they told me: the career (they said he is a bank broker, but he is a insurence saler), height (they said he is 5'10, but he is 5'6''), and relationship goal (they said he is looking for a serious relationship, but he is not). I talked to this person about the service. He has been in the service for about 5 months, told me that the service does not have enough dandidates as they boasted.

And their attitude is the worst one I have ever seen!!! When customers complain about their service, they twist the truth, the tell the customers that if we don't accept whom they match to, then we are "negative".

I was reading an onine dating article when their ads poped out. They immediately gave me a phone call and made an appointment in the local office. They tricked us by offering us over $3000 membership fee, and then reduced, reduced till $1000, making us feel we got really a great deal.

Please don't believe in their service. They are relly cheaters!
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   CaliforniaMom1964 0 Votes
I am a member of eLove and have been for 7 months now and am pretty satisfied with the service.
I was a bit shocked by the pricing at first, but felt that my represenative was very up front and honest with me about the levels of service and explaining the cost.
I was surprised that they dont use pictures- but now that I have been on a few dates, I get a feeling about how the matchmakers can actually do a pretty good job just off of the brief information they know about me.
I feel that this was a much safer option- also I am a single mom and watch my pennies, I still feel that although it was expensive, it is worth it so far.
 26th of May, 2010 by   sourgrapes1962 0 Votes
I believe they use a sliding scale, based on their incomes, to determine what to charge people. I balked at first and then Ingrid (the eLove "matchmaker") offered me a special that she only allows for students: $2000. So, I hearing you paid $1000 makes me even angrier.
After I gave her my CC info she explained that the matches would be within a 1 hour radius from my home. I explained that I wanted only people within fewer than 30 minutes; she said that was not possible. By that time it was too late and the deal was done. It was a very high-pressure sale, like a car dealer. There was no walking away either. "If you walk away I can't offer this deal again." That should have been my first tip-off, but she had me sucked into the notion that she could find the perfect match for me. After all, she had my best interests at heart and you only get what you pay for; so, $2000 was a bargain! (especially compared to the $3000 she started with.)
It took three or four weeks to get my first letter (no email) and the gal lived an hour away. I met her. She was nice enough, but certainly not a match, and not the caliber of woman I expected. Yeah, maybe it's just sour grapes on my part, but I think it's bogus. I will "serve out my commitment" because there is no refund. I fully intend to ask the tough questions to any candidate, especially the questions eLove specifically asked me not to ask, i.e. "how much did you pay?"
I may ruin it for the next four women (oh well), but at this point I am very bitter about the whole experience. I also plan to collect the interviews with the women and ask them to give me names of other men they met (and get names of other women those guys have met, etc.) Then I will collect all the feedback and write an article about eLove and post it anywhere I possibly can. I'll get $2000 worth of satisfaction one way or the other.
 7th of Jun, 2010 by   TP/CHicago 0 Votes
DO NOT USE ELOVE!!! It's scam. They just want your money. I would like tofile a complaint.
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   MDL1 0 Votes
They have called me every day for the last week... I never applied for their service; never contacted them at all as elove or right one. I called the number back b/c I was sick of the number being on my answering service with no message... they said "oh is this ***?" I said "Yes, who is this?" they went into their salespitch. I'm on the no call list; I don't know how they got my number I don't do dating services, but they should NOT be calling people that don't request to hear from them.
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   ConcernedInvestigator +1 Votes
eLove, Together, The Right One, they are all the same entity. They most certainly use deceptive practices and base their service charge on your financials. They also do not do extensive background checks as they claim and they most definitely don't look at the credit reports of their clients as they told me they did. I can't reveal who I am at this time, but I am in a branch of law enforcement and doing a criminal investigation into their business practices in my state. While I cannot outright disclose at this time whether they have broken the law or not, they most definitely are a business you are better off staying away from.
 17th of Jul, 2010 by   CaliGirl650 0 Votes
I have been scammed by this company. The service I signed up for is in the bay area. They don't even call you. I got tired of having to call for an update and the matchmaker never calling back. I called to let them know I am cancelling. They only send more and more bills. Ironically enough, they do not even call me back to even try to make a match. I feel harrassed by these people. Stay away from these folks!
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   William Seipel 0 Votes
I paid Togetter match making $7, 000 and had a personal shopper and frist pick I went out with real Docters from Univ of Maryland, NIH, High school prin- Coumbia, bank branch manger, Inport- export owner, etc I went on hold with a peron who won a trail for free, My min req Collage grad, making over 50, 000 so they wouldn"t be after me for my money as much, no under 18 year old kids living at home, adult kids living at home ok, 5'2" - 5'9" this woman that wanted me so bad was 5"10" and like to wear 4" heels with a very bad back, was vey under wight, because of wight had no chest, but had a very padded colthing, had a 15-1/2 year old daughter living at home, have gotten a GRE from High School, was on lots of legal drugs for a very bad back, was on disability prem, was just going to be cut off from her late husband's SS payment when her daughter turned 16 years old and got$`72.68 a month of her own SS, her daughter still got her $1156 a month SS. She had gotten about $400, 000 when her husband died and his family had money so he had $350, 000 in a IRA, when his father died a yearlater her kids got about a 100, 000 each. This was the last date they gave me, that Im took. but on the 2nd date we had sex she styarted it mostly and she told me if I wanted more I had to stop see the other women form the datting service, I did temp hold (my top plan has total hold control, one led on and in a few month she wanted a ring, I said no it too fast, she said her late gave one in a month and they were having a child and got married in 2 months. This woman lied cheated, took things, broken my menber from too much ruff sex and being very thin, she jumped on top as I was slepping in was 3 AM after 2 hours of sex already, she has a new boyfriend because I will not fully support her houshold, I offered to let her and her daughter live with me, I have a 5 bedroom very nice house to my self. now one letter from a new Togetter shopper, then a now eLove on line service who will not answer any emails from me at all and I still have 3/4 of my dates remaining and have complete hold rights. Who is taking legal action against them, have all the sign papers and letter. I have a easy case to win.
 25th of Jul, 2010 by   Ana Fau 0 Votes
This service is dihonest, they told me they had a lot of people that
match my request in terms of backround, profession and personal likes, but they send me always the opossite of what I requested!
The do not send a minute in the matching-making, but they want all this money!
Pluss they said the profiles would be very complete with photos but, they hav no photos nd are very basic. if I want to know more about a person's profile, now they want me to pay an extra $500.00!!! pluss you can't get off the service unless you get married!! that s crazy and ilegal!
Ana Fau
(773) 986 2750
Chicago
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   K. Cochrane 0 Votes
This company promised me one match per month. After three months, I finally got a match. That happening only after they kept calling me and asking me to lower my standards. What is the point of putting what you want in a match if the service asks you to compromise in order for them to find someone for you? Heck, I was doing that already and wasn't paying a boat load of money to do it. After they got me my one match in 3 months, my company relocated me out of the area. I requested to cancel the membership. Three requests later and one more payment made I finally got a response. Send them a utility bill and they will cancel it. Well, I won't have a utility bill in my name for several months because my company puts me up in an extended stay hotel as part of the relocation package. I asked if there was another option and what a surprise, no response again. It has been ten days now. This service is a joke.
KC
Seattle, WA
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   jeanna2334323232 0 Votes
I was married through The Right One. I had some horrible matches but stayed positive. It is a numbers game but compared to e harmony and match.com it is a god send. Do not be manipulated by the people on this post that were so damadged that they couldn't get out of their own way.
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   kenny canakes 0 Votes
listen to the complaints and do not give together, the right one or elove any of your hard earned money . it is all the same company, they are a scam and they are deceptive . they prey on people who are unlucky in love . instead of being shut down the commonwealths just allow them to change there names . if you think the complaints are a scam, give them your money, the pain of buyers remorse fades over time and eventually goes away . the important thing is to learn from mistakes you make . let the buyer beware and if something sounds too good to be true it probably is .
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   candy1 0 Votes
It's a waste of money, , , and by the time you figure out what a waste of money it is, , , It's too late. I still owe over 2, 000.
 2nd of Oct, 2010 by   Lora Hartgrove 0 Votes
E-Love is a scam it is the Right One Matchmaking, people please i'm being son honest please do not trust theses people they are scammers and thats what they do, I have no need to lie, but i am a Christian and I just want to be honest, they have a rebuttle if you tell them you think their a scam, and they were originally The Right One but they changed their names because of all the complaints. I'm sorry but if you are looking for a real mate please try another website or if you have in believe in God this is really not the sight for you. Goood luck people, please take this in all honesty.
 10th of Oct, 2010 by   omeara55 0 Votes
Indeed, I just got back from an interview here in Austin that had all kinds of signs of a con. These guys were in this barely inhabited office building on a Sunday, pushed me up an down to sign then and there (not even let me sleep on it), and had no real credentials as elove employees or proof of elove's history. The paperwork/surveys/questionnaires look like they were made by undergrads.

Dear "Glen Brown", you now have my address and know my approximate net worth and address. If you come near me or my address, I will fucking personally take pleasure in using my blue belt in jiujitsu to break one of your limbs. And if someone else comes, I'll break their fucking arms and then I'm coming after you--I never forget a face. Glen, you picked the wrong guy to con.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   tt388 +1 Votes
Elove is a total scam. They got me good. Don't waste your time. You would do better to give your money to a total stranger for nothing. Because so far that is what I have gotten for my money nothing. They lie and they give you false referrals. I called several people who never called back and one lady said she wasn't even a member. They need to be sued. I say we file a class action lawsuit against these criminals.!!! Any lawyers out there?
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   Elove613 0 Votes
Dear Elove Client (tt388),

My name is Shane Weisberg and I am the Area Manager for Elove in the Southwest. I am directly responsible for the San Antonio office and would very much like the opportunity to talk to you and resolve your complaint. Your happiness and complete satisfaction with us is very important to me, and I will do all I can to fix this situation. At your convenience, would you please call me at 210-979-2550. I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Shane Weisberg
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   elovescam 0 Votes
I was scammed out of $1, 000. Unfortunately, I did my research a little too late. Immediately after submitting my information I was hounded with 3-4 calls a day, but they never left a message. When I finally did speak to them, I set up an appointment to meet with them in their Palo Alto office. I met with their matchmaker Julia Paiva, she made me all sorts of promises. I kept telling her that I couldn't do it because it was too expensive, she kept going down in her price and finally ended at $1, 000. I joined 2 months ago and have not had a single date.

Now, here is the research I should have done. E-love has not been in business for 25 years, they are new to California and have been here less than a year. E-love is the renamed business of Together and The Right One, both of which went out of business, and had multiple law suits against them. The bad reviews for Together and The Right One are a mile long. And lastly, my matchmaker Julia Paiva is the former owner of Table for Six, which also scammed people out of their money.

The Hidden Fees in Your 401(k)

Latest Groups