logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (5 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )
2. (5 mins ago)
Tagged Team Annual Lottery Promo 2011
Rita Collins, William Li, Dr. George Hu, Mr. Ro Many, Barrister Sok Hung
3. (13 mins ago)
University of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group
Class Action Law Suit: Misuse of Title IV Funds and Accounting Practices: Unethical business practices : Scam and Fraud
4. (28 mins ago)

eLoan.com Contacts & Informations

eLoan.com

Posted:    Julie Thomas

Contacted about bogus loan

I was contacted by Ashley from eloan saying I had been approved for a $5,000 personal loan at only 9% interest. But because of my bad credit, I would be required to send them $770 for loan insurance before they would release the loan funds to me. They asked for my SSN, my fax number to fax loan documents to me. I told them I would have to call them back with the fax number. Tried to call them, kept getting a recording so I left a message. Their number is 888-286-6815 ext.2081. They knew my home phone no & cell phone #(not known by many)as they left a message with each number. I talked to husband about loan, as it sounded fishy about the insurance money required first. They knew stuff about my credit report, and that I had applied for a loan (but it was over a month ago!) Beware!!
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Apr, 2008 by   Nan 0 Votes
I was contacted by Tori Dunn and she said she was with E-Loan. She said she was responding to my online application for unsecured personal loan. She said I qualified for a $10, 000 unsecured loan. However, since my credit score is low I will need to pay for the unsecured loan insurance. I asked her to fax the information. Before proceeding with the application, I checked out the website: www.eloan.com. Company Logo of the application was the same as on the internet. The address match when researching the company through 411.com or yellow pages. After checking the company information provided, I thought this was a legitimate offer. I faxed over the application with all the required inforamtion, such as Driver's License, Social Security Number, Bank Account Number. Then I proceeded to send the $850 insurance fee plus the moneygram fee. She then said that the funds will be wired transferred to my account within 24 to 48 hours. When no money was transfered I called to find out the status of my loan. She then said that there was a hold on my account and that the insurance fee is suppose to be $1700, she will need additional funds to release my form. I again sent her the $750 plus the fee. She again she that the funds will be in my account within 24 to 48 hours. Still no funds and have not heard from her. Phone number no longer works and contacted E-Loan and they said there is a company out there that is using their name and information and it's fraud. Since then I called Federal Credit Bureau, Consumer Bureau, CanadaPhone Buster, General Attorney, etc. It's been a mess and I cannot believe that these people are not getting away with this!
 14th of Apr, 2008 by   Nan 0 Votes
Correct to my previous comment: I cannot believe that these people are getting away with this!
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   GOOD CITIZEN 0 Votes
SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME HER NAME WAS DAWN PETERS AND SHE SAID TO WIRE 770 dollars for insurance and the money would be tranferred in 24to48hrs. Good thing i had my moms attorney to check it out before i sent any money and the eloan logo look like it was copy and pasted on the papers. and all of the documents had only her direct number and her voicemail didn't sound professional and you're normally able to transfer out of phone mail with hers you couldn't SO I FAXED HER BACK AND WROTE ON THE PAPERS SHE SENT ME AND SAID GO TO HE** BI**H you thought you had me BUT ITS REALLY SAD THAT THEY TARGET PEOPLE IN A TIME OFNEED.
 16th of Apr, 2014 by   SanchoPitolon 0 Votes