logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (14 mins ago)
Schumacher Cargo Logistics
Missing and damaged goods, unwilling to resolve issue with client
2. (29 mins ago)
hairplusbase.com
Too slow deliver and bad-quality hair extension
3. (32 mins ago)
powerrideoutlet.com
No info about order and seller is jerk
4. (42 mins ago)
no refunds

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Elmore Academy YSI program, Elmore, Minnesota Complaints & Reviews - Physical abuse and other abuse

Elmore Academy YSI program Contacts & Informations

Elmore Academy YSI program

Posted:    dgjkhnj

Physical abuse and other abuse

YSI program
?i forgot
Elmore, Minnesota
Phone: ? i forgot
youthservices.com
A very abusive Social Worker sent me to a very abusive Juvenile Delinquent Center called Elmore Academy on February 27 2009 tell five months later on july 27 2009 i was 17 through 18 years old when i was forced by a pine county juristiction in pine city, MN. i've never done drugs, never ran away, never physical attacked any one or beat some one or get into fights at school, or steal a car or damage a car or any thing illegal. i had no reason being sent to this fucked up Juvenile place.

The staff are Physically abusing kids at this Elmore Academy really bad. They are starving kids for punishment, physically hurting kids just for playing with your hair, not paying attention when some ones talking, taking to long in the shower or bathroom, looking out the windows, getting intervened by a peer or staff for no reason then getting restrained for no reason then the staff deliveratley hurt u in the restrants. or for a untucked shirt they would physically hurt u. there would allways be screaming and crying at night when it was bedtime because the staff would be restraining kids at night for no reason and hurting them really bad tell they scream and cry.

Please some one do something about this! stop thoughs people at Elmore academy for severly abusing are kids.

i'll tell u what they did to me, the last two months before i got out they physically hurt me, took my meals away, they starved me i got one meal a day some times it was at midnight when i got to eat and then they switched it to feading breakfest in the morning, would not let me sleep, take a shower, wear clean clothes, . i had to wear the same dirty under wear for five days and they made me go with out showering or washing my face for five days sometimes three and when i did get to take a showe they oly gave me five minutes!

they did not let me call anyone, family, did not let me and kids go out side, one of my keys is down and stuck, i'll be back!
Comments United States Rehabilitation Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Elmore Academy YSI program complaints
Elmore Academy YSI program - child abuse and physical abuse

Comments

10th of Mar, 2011 by   ace2011 +4 Votes
the place should not be open for corrections
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   ace2011  Best Advice +4 Votes
the program was completely useless and wasted 2 years of my life
 26th of May, 2011 by   spock714 +3 Votes
i was in elmore 3 months. you could be restrained by a full grown man just for looking at girls. one time i was attacked by a student and the staff did nothing! nothing at all! they make you use the bathroom in front of them too. this place was no good. ruined some formative years of my life. i saw alot of kids get hurt by the staff who abuse the power they are given, not all the staff mind you, mainly the males but some women also abused the power. no learning was done, just their go at brain washing, which i might add did not work. another thing that was messed up is the fact that most of the adults there helping kids are troubled themselves or have had troubled pasts with drugs, gangs, and crime. santiago is a great example of that. sherwood was also a drug user while he worked there. HELP THIS CHILDREN, THESE KIDS NEEDED LOVE FROM WHAT I SAW, MANY COMING FROM UNDERPRIVILEGED FAMILIES OR JUST PLAIN SAD LIVES. also making a kid take cold showers is child abuse.
 9th of Oct, 2011 by   Help kids don't hurt them +2 Votes
My son is currently in Elmore Academy MN and every time thiat I go see him he is full of bruises from his head to his feet. He is afraid to tell me what is going on in there so I can only get some of it out of him. He is put in restraints all the time an he says they do it for no reason. He is not a big kid and he covered in bruises, his face always has the biggest ones, like his chin, black eyes, cuts by his eyes from his glasses, bruised cheeks, then his hips, coller bone, shoulders, chest, knees, legs, his arms are full of hand marks and finger print bruises, this is not right and you never get the same story from staff or the ones who are suppose to hear about all things dont even know what happened and supposedly never heard about the incident. What is really going on there. He was even put on restricted calling to where we as family could only call when 3 certain staff were working so that they could monitor his calls by speaker phone to make sure that he is not tell us any lies about the facility or what is happening. Before when I would call I would hear my son being threaten by other kids that he was gonna be stabbed, one staff member just put him in a restraint and he was put un conscious and he got about 10 bruises from it. I feel as if my son may end up in the hospital form these people... That is if he shouldn't have already been brought there from some of his wounds already. His face looks very bad right now and so does his body, this is not a good place from what I am seeing so far, he has been there just over a month and they ain't helping him at all the are hurting him. What does someone do??
 12th of Oct, 2011 by   198432122332221 0 Votes
I was in elmore academy and it changed my life for the good. i was in marshall hall at the time. im sure the name changed, my team leader was rich varness, he is a verry outstanding man and i will never forget him, he helped me alot . as for the abuse you were only restained if you deserved it, the storys i hear and read on this page sound like boys acting like little bitches, when i was in elmore academy your program is what you make it! (mr.nowicky) said that, the exmarine, he was a nobullshit guy and im sure he still is, he was awsome! its sounds to me like the people that are doing their time their are bitching alittle too much just wait till they get to oak park heights, if they dont fallow the rules that elmore has to offer then they will learn to, their simple rules, i was sentenced to 6 to 9 moths and i got out in 13 months i wouldnt take it back for nothing because it changed my life and made me a better person! thank you mr.varness, mr.gonsolez, mr.garza all my football coaches the english teacher the science teacher. all the staff that was their when i was their in 2002 were good people granite a couple bad ones but hey they just got started.. ysi is a good program!!! NTHF
 18th of Nov, 2011 by   beezy166 +3 Votes
This is not the place was there for 16 months the person top of me does not know how much it changed they do restrain kids for no damn reason other than to bring problems from their home life and take it out on kids or be tough with kids because they were losers or no bodys growing up but not every staff in there was bad some good majority not, seriously they would put kids personal life, like one time they sat us all down in the dorm and the team leader read off peoples most embarrassing things from reports sent with kids to elmore by their social worker or p.o. like how their home life was or is i mean i remember this kid would wet the bed and shit and the staff would actually make fun of this kid in front of all the kids sayin 'your how old and you still wet the bed when are you gonna decide to grow up and be a man and stop pissin on yourself, i mean how can you sleep knowing that your covered in piss?' word for word what was said i mean the kid was like 13 and what was said should never be said and if it ever was said should only be said by the kids parent, and they do abuse kids in restraints like i said to take out anger or to pretty much act tough i mean three grown staff on a teenager with his arms wrenched behind him and they keep pulling up farther saying stop moving, BITCH YOU STOP PULLING MY ARMS THEN but you couldnt say that otherwise you'd get it worse and everything they know they would get in trouble for they keep secret i mean who are the government gonna beleive delinquents or staff supposedly there to better you and help you. That place is fucked up and someone should do something or say something instead of putting it off and thinking its ok or forget about it cause your out or your kids out, NO people should NEVER EVER be treated how they get treated there, if it doesnt happen someone will come back and they will have a gun and remember revenge is so fucking sweet...
 8th of Jan, 2012 by   Reddit Troubled Teens +1 Votes
Please, if you have been abused at YSI or any other facility, or if you know of abuse happening, file a complaint with the police. If they don't do anything, contact the FBI. Contact your politicians and get them involved. If you are able, document any abuse that you can.
 18th of Mar, 2012 by   ujjuanh356 +1 Votes
I was in elmore academy in herrera hall...I saw so much abusive they were nice to me but only cause I never talked I was their for 3 months they wanted to extend me for more just because I did not mention my drug use years before I was their. I saw a couple restraints and they did hurt them real bad they made us all look the oppisite way so that we did not witness it. I am still botherex by what I witness during my stay and yes they should stop elmore. Peer from 2010
 24th of Apr, 2012 by   JessiBerntson -2 Votes
My name is Jessi Berntson (on Facebook it's Jessi Silvernail), I was is Elmore Academy for close to one year. Dont get me wrong, the place is definatly not the best, but if you do what youre " supposed " to do, the place is relatively ok. Yes, there are some horrible staff who did work there and may be some more who work there now, but I know that there is at least 50% of the staff there who really do care, honostly want to help and DO try their hardest to do what is right. Mr. Jans is an AMAZING staff, Mrs. Vargas is absolutly INCREDIBLE, little Burgi tried to fix the corruption of staff, big Burgi really tried to fix elmore. There are other staff too that i didnt mention but they are also really great. But, there were staff who didnt really care, Ms. Oltjenbruns sometimes it seemed like she did but she didnt try to help all the kids she favored some over others. yes i have been restrained for reasons i shouldnt have but most of the time it was my fault... i have been restrained MANY MANY times, still have scars on my face from one that was unjust and a broken nose too... i have been on escorts, truancy, suicide almost my whole stay there and i have been denied meals because i wouldnt accept my intervention and lessened shower time and sometimes there was problems in the building with the plumbing so we did have to take cold showers, but there was staff there who really did feel bad...and some of them really cant do anything about it because they are not in the right position or dont have any authority do be able to do anything... yes i did have a horrible time...but it wasnt as bad as some say... a lot of the time it really did depend who you were. but i would also like to thank Mrs.Vargas and Mr.Jans for always being there for me and always trying to help... i miss you primary!!!(Mrs.Vargas)
 19th of Dec, 2012 by   anotherdaywakeup -1 Votes
To OP your YouTube post is just as annoying this one.

Its called doing what you need to do when you need to do it. People aren't just put in a restraint because it sounds like fun, you forget that when a restraint is done that it is not only taxing on the peer but also the staff. What did you adjust to make life better for yourself, its not specifically put in the hands of the staff because you have to work the program.
 15th of Feb, 2013 by   long time worker -1 Votes
In this line of work you will have cases of students needing to be put in an escort or physical hold. I will admit that not every hold at Elmore went "as trained" but we did look out for the safety of the students...if there was an issue it was investigated and there was action taken to prevent it from happening again. I workd there for 6 years and I worked with some great kids and families that needed help...and then I also worked with some that were highly disrespectful, played the victim role constantly, and looked for an easy way out. Staff hate putting kids in holds just as much as the kids hate being placed in one. If you get put in a hold...you aren't being compliant and are a risk to yourself or others, if you are injured it's usually because you fight the process. Bottom line. Go Elmore and keep doing what you are...I miss working there and I would still be there if I hadn't relocated.
 2nd of Apr, 2014 by   paul jal 0 Votes
my name is paul jal i got slammed and sent to the hospital because i walked away from staff my first time locked up and female staff be touching little kids.
 25th of Apr, 2014 by   Truthfinder_ 0 Votes
Anyone that was there before it closed down?
 12th of May, 2014 by   BenjaminScheidegger 0 Votes
Yes I was there. and i got out on the 10th of January this year.
 12th of May, 2014 by   BenjaminScheidegger 0 Votes
Another thing. I worked there. and they said they would pay me. they payed everyone else but me when i get out. When i asked them before i got out. they said "You should get into the mail" but then it never came. so weeks after it didn;t come i gave T.J. Mowers a call.who is the owner of the place, and left a message. he never called back...

Tips How to Avoid and Report Consumer Fraud