logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
digimaxpro.com
Don’t buy from them – you will get nothing
2. (15 mins ago)
FOREVER 21
Management/Human Resources
5. (25 mins ago)
tel2name.com
I checked this website – the info was fault

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Econo Lodge, Marion, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Discriminatioon & Refund Policy

Econo Lodge Contacts & Informations

Econo Lodge

Posted:    GAbercrombia

Discriminatioon & Refund Policy

Econo Lodge
1806 Bittle Pl
Marion, Illinois
Phone: (618) 993-1644
My daughter went off to college this year and I arrived at this econo lodge at the Marion Il, location to stay. All other hotels were booked for this weekend. The reservations were made prior to my arrival. When I arrived there was no staff available for the 1st 4-6 minutes while waiting to check in at the front counter. The lobby and front desk areas were not clean. I rung a beell for assistance that was on the front counter. A female employee came to the front counter with no enthusiasm as if she was interrupted from something more important to checking in guests. I spoke the the attendant and she never responded. I then asked are the rooms cleaned and mentioned the uncleanliness of the lobby area. The attendant totally ignored me. I then asked was a double bed available instead of the 1 king bed only option. The attendant immediately stated I had no reservation and if so, no chnages can be made. I started to show present proof of my on line reservation and noticed the misspelling of my last name. In addtion, I attempted to explain I was told a double bed was an option if available for the same rate. The attendant overtalked me and told me do not point near her face when I was only trying to show her my paper copy of the reservation. When I asked the attendance why is she so rude, she stromed away and brought a male to the counter stating you can not stay here. I asked for a manager and he said he was the CEO & the lady was the general manager. Then he started to yell "Get your black faggot ass out of here!!" I was stunned. We began to argue back and forth as I demanded a contact number for a corporate office. I requested a refund since I was refused as a guest. The male attendance stated I am not giving you anything and will black list you to stay in the area. My sister started to record what was happening on her cell phone. The male employee then stated if I did not leave he will call the poice and say I hjad a gun and there to rob him. I encouraged that the police be called. When Officer Hillard arrived he walked to the back and closed the door with the male employee. The police officer asked my sister and I to leave since the manager (male employee) did not want us there. I explained what happened and asked the officer to review the survellince tapes. The office stated the tapes are just a theft deterrant and nothing recorded. I then showed our recording and the officer stated this is a civil matter--and would not do a police report. As we left the location I noticed the office and employees laughing and the officer was given a soda. There was another officer by the name J Mahan that was very professional and encouraged us to report this to their corporate office. He also mentiuoned this is not the first time something happen to a guest at this ssame location. I am so disturb how me and my family was treated. I reuqest a refund becuase it was not my choice to leave, therefore I did not breech the agreement. My name is Greg and a contact number for me is (773) 405-0499 and I would be glad to go in more details.
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jun, 2011 by   GirlsFastPitch 0 Votes
Absolute worst motel experience: Toilets overflowing, toilets running all night, carpet smells like chlorine/urnine, beds as hard as rock, dirty rooms, no maid service, no clean towels, mgr/owner used "F" Bomb in front of 10 little 9-10 yrs old girls when parents complained, Mgr/Owner sent 10 yrs olds down to tell wedding reception music to please turn down so they could go to sleep instead of doing his job, mgr/owner hid in his office as people complained, water vibrated in pool and floors in rooms vibrated on ground floor from music in basement, no maintenance service, ice machines not working, Poor Poor Service and conditions!! We will never stay at Econo-Host again!!! in Stevens Point, WI.

Email Phishing Scam