logo

Professional Recovery Consultants
Suspicious/Harrassing Phone Calls
2. (2 mins ago)
MetLife Disability Insurance
Defrauded by disability MetLife insurer!
3. (4 mins ago)
Lil Darlin Pomeranians
Fraud
4. (9 mins ago)
Raymour and Flanigan
Debt collections
5. (20 mins ago)
Premier Family Dental Group, P.C.
Rude / Incompetent

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ECMC Complaints & Reviews - Scam and horrible to deal with

ECMC Contacts & Informations

ECMC

Posted: 2011-02-03 by    Deepwaterstart

Scam and horrible to deal with

ECMC
When the market came down I didn't have a job and did everything I could to pay my student loan but if you are a day late they essentially triple your interest, double your balance and garnish your wages and not by a few dollars they take HALF! You call them to work it out, they call you names, talk down to you and are VERY rude. They will hang up on you if you even stand up for yourself.

I'm ask all folks that have any problems to post on here to tell your story. They have to be more reasonable. To get your garnishment to stop you have to pay on top of your garnishment! How do you do that when they take half of your paycheck?
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jun, 2011 by   Marilyn Steele, Ph.D. 0 Votes
Thanks for your post. After two years of barely working, I stopped paying my student loan. The US Government now takes a payment out of my Social Security. Oh well. But now that ECMC has taken over the loan, they added another $6, 300, and completely lied about my agreeing to a monthly payment. Now I am apparently more in default, with penalties, fees accruing. I told them I was recording my telephone call today, and they disconnected me. The battle begins. More tomorrow. Ugh.
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   Was-a-Student 0 Votes
ECMC contacted me and offered to process a Deferment of my student loan. I was assured over the phone that I will be qualified for it. (I lost my job, and just went through a surgery, could not work. I was on food stamps at that time.)

I never received any confirmation of not being rejected for Deferment. In 6 month my account goes into Default. ECMC ends up charging 25% collection fee from my $90, 000 student loan making my loan over $110, 000. They offer recovery repayment plan while they look into what happened to my application. The lady who was put on my case (Diane Zitur) was absolutely helpless and only talked non-stop trying to shut me up and to convince I was wrong.

Now I went through the repayment plan and my loan was given to another company adding another $6000 to the balance. I am still trying to get to the bottom of what happened to my deferment application. Was it even every given to Sallie Mae? I doubt it. Sallie Mae didn't have my account for a while. I will do everything to get that fee taken off my account.
Similar story to this one: http://www.ripoffreport.com/loans/ecmc/ecmc-failure-to-process-appli-d0a62.htm
Complete rip Off!
Good luck everybody!
 19th of Jun, 2013 by   ratten 0 Votes
well wish i would have read this frist before making deal with ecmc what do i do to get out of this payment plan they took my income tax and now im paying 78 dollors a month for 9 months will they take my taxes again even if im paying the monthly charge i wish i knew who could help me

Nigerian Fraud