logo

ebay magic scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ebookers.com/Air-Flight Ticket Complaints & Reviews - Unreasonable Forfeitment of my Ticket Payment

Ebookers.com/Air-Flight Ticket Contacts & Informations

United Kingdom
Phone: +44 203 320 3320
ebookers.com
Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently, I have met a very unfair incidence on my air-flight travelling. The thing is that I have tried to change my flight schedule for a air-flight I suppose to take on mid-March 2010. I have called the travel agency to change the schedule more than a month before the flight time; and I was not purchasing one of those cheap airline ticket.

But, according to them, by changing the flight-time, all my ticket payment will be forfeited, and I have no choice but to cancel my travel with them. However, I found it ridiculously unreasonable.

Could you advice me to which association or council should I complain to about this issue?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Jaan
Comments United Kingdom Travel Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Mar, 2011 by   AliUzun 0 Votes
More than 6 (six) months have passed, we regret to say that nothing has been done from ebookers side to refund the air tickets, that we have purchased through the company.
We are sorry to state that we are reluctant every time to write but we kindly request fast response and prompt actions for refund of the outstanding tickets.
We have contacted both airway companies (THY and Emirates) and they stated that they are very ready for refund if this request came through ebookers.
 24th of Jul, 2011 by   Rina B 0 Votes
I have similar experience with ebookers. My son had purchased a flight ticket worth GBP 134.77 through ebookers. The ticket was cancelled a week before the date of journey through ebookers call centre. They clearly stated at that time that there would be refund after cancellation and 25 GBP would be charged for cancellation of the flight ticket as per their rule.
Now we have been sending e-mails to the customer care services for the last three months, as there has been no refund so far. The last letter that was sent from the customer care on 22 April is a big joke----- that they have processed a refund of 10.8 GBP to the credit card, which again is untrue!
I feel, it is better to purchase tickets directly from the airlines as the customer can get refund easily after cancellation. Even though the tickets may be somewhat costlier, we do not have to go through such hassles !
While you are purchasing a ticket, you get a print-out in black and white that the ticket is refundable; when you need to cancel and subsequently ask for the refund, all that you go through is a real test of patience! Finally, no-where is the refund !
Rina B.