logo

Kumon Math & Reading
Children's education horror story
2. (2 mins ago)
Shopperdisc.co.uk
Unknown deduction from my bank account
3. (58 mins ago)
Schumacher Cargo Logistics
Missing and damaged goods, unwilling to resolve issue with client
4. (1 hr 12 mins ago)
hairplusbase.com
Too slow deliver and bad-quality hair extension
5. (1 hr 15 mins ago)
powerrideoutlet.com
No info about order and seller is jerk

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Easy Saver, Lanham, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized charges!

Easy Saver Contacts & Informations

Easy Saver

Posted:    Valerie

Unauthorized charges!

Easy Saver
Lanham, Maryland
Phone: 800-444-9491
www.easysaverrewards.com
I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER 800-355-1837 PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: 800-444-9491, which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jun, 2008 by   Lindy Ridinger 0 Votes
They are definitely a rip off. I had no idea I had allowed them to charge my credit card. Proflowers should also be held accountable and 97.9FM in Baltimore for advertising for them.
 15th of Jun, 2008 by   Nikki 0 Votes
Just discovered we have been involved with these charges as well -- their initial charge is for $1.95 (which is so small -- we looked right over it)... have had other unauthorized charges on our account and we went back into our account detail and one month later, we were charged the complete $14.95 and continues each following month... we contacted our bank (Bank of America) and let them know about this posting and their response was the company is currently under investigation from higher authorities as well as ProFlowers... ProFlowers has wonderful pricing BUT sells your information to other vendors and that information includes your credit card information (this is coming from our banking source)... this is crazy and will make me reconsider before I make another internet purchase -- sad the world has come to this!
 15th of Jun, 2008 by   Kat 0 Votes
I posted a complaint 3 days ago while on hold with Easy Saver. I found out my Easy Saver started with Blair. My mother and I have been getting clothes from Blair for decades. I was quite surprised.

According to the person I spoke to, I will be credited the full amount they charged me. I hope to find out next week if that is so.

I not only phoned Easy Saver, but I phoned my credit card company.

I'd like to know how this can happen with legitimate businesses? I phoned Blair to give them my opinion of it too.

Hertz also participates in Easy Saver so beware.
 15th of Jun, 2008 by   Bill 0 Votes
I just received my May checking account statement and sure enough, two charges are on there - $1.95 and $14.95. My wife purchased flowers from ProFlowers, and without reading the fine print, signed up for the Easy Saver program. I have to agree with David that my wife is to blame for not reading the agreement. However, it is a sleazy practice. To get them to stop billing us, I have had to discontinue the debit card and order a new one with a new number. Damn, folks, read the agreement before clicking OK! (The divorce papers are in the mail ).
 15th of Jun, 2008 by   Kenton 0 Votes
I ordered save a blade from easy saver never receive item, yet they continue to charge my credit card. They are a rip off scam. Beware!
 16th of Jun, 2008 by   jamie 0 Votes
the same thing just happened to me to was charged $14.95 from easy savers and i never signed up for it but my credit card gave me the money back and cancled that account so they cant charge me again.
 17th of Jun, 2008 by   John 0 Votes
After my wife ordered from Cherry Moon I received this 1.95 charge. When I called the number they called it "Membership Services". I told them it was unauthorized and told them to discontinue the charges and refund the 1.95. They wanted my address and phone number for verification (what?) but did it fairly painlessly. I'm still a bit upset that this is going on an pro flowers is allowing it to happen. I will not buy from them or their other companies until we hear something from them.
 19th of Jun, 2008 by   Julieta 0 Votes
I have just found these charges on my credit card statement, they go back only 2 months. I have already filed a complaint with the FTC. The scam is such that ProFlowers actually forwards your credit card information and email to Easy Saver. I too saw the popup but closed it, never actually filled out the form. There is no way you cannot be charged when you order, it happens automatically regardless of what you click. All you can do is not order from ProFlowers. I am also contesting the charges with my credit card company who has been usefull in the past about these charges. Now I gotta contact Easy Saver. Thanks's for the complaint, that's how i found the correct phone number!
 20th of Jun, 2008 by   Betsy 0 Votes
Thank you so much for this info!!! I just got refunded the charges that they made on my account witho ut any problem. It was also nice to get a representative who sounded American and that wasnt reading from a script!! I thought I'd have to fight to get the chrages back but it was fairly easy!!! Thanks again!
 21st of Jun, 2008 by   Kendra 0 Votes
I also had an illegal charge on my credit card statement that came today. We bought flowers for mothers day for our mother in law and DID NOT agree to buy anything from this Easy Saver company. I called our credit card company which has the most wonderful customer service. They will be taking the charge off our statement and going to bat for us with this fraudulent company. We have to do nothing further. The CS rep said that there have been MANY COMPLAINTS about this company EASY SAVER...and we are not the first! It alarms me that companies can get your CC number however they do it and charge you whatever they wish in the hopes that you do not check over your credit card statement. Wecheck our statement every month matching the charges up with our credit card receipts. This helps us stay on budget as well as watching our for fraudulent charges on our statement. It is time consuming but well worth it. How many people do not check and end up paying money they do not owe for anything each month? I feel badly especially for the elderly that are taken advantage of.
 24th of Jun, 2008 by   tiffany doyle 0 Votes
Boycott Proflowers, this is a total scam. I just supposedly got 2 months credited out of 5 they've ripped me off for.
 24th of Jun, 2008 by   Toni 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me. That whole thing is such a scam!!! They only gave one month of the $14.95 back. I told them to cancel that right away. The lady was very nice, but after all the complaints they have they are probably use to it. I will never go to that website to buy flowers ever again.
 30th of Jun, 2008 by   kinga 0 Votes
Thank you for all of you comments and I got all of my money back from Pro Flowers but what if I would never notice the charges?
 1st of Jul, 2008 by   Alex 0 Votes
I'm also having the exact same fraud commited against me. I saw a $14.95 charge from "Easy Saver" pop up on my bank statement and since I'd never heard of the company and found other complaints of fraud through Google, I just called my bank directly and told them I was disputing the charges and they are going to send me some paperwork. I'm not even going to bother calling Easy Saver and dealing with them directly. I had no idea there was a Pro Flowers connection. I do believe I bought some flowers from them this past Mother's Day. Thanks for the info!
 1st of Jul, 2008 by   tonya 0 Votes
I had the same charge of 14.95 charged to my credit card .I call the number listed above (thanks for that) and demanded a refund .I also did not get the email they were talking about, I will never use Pro flowers again.
 1st of Jul, 2008 by   JoDee 0 Votes
I'm glad I am not the only one this happened to! I started noticing the charges on my bank statement and called the number on it and asked what they were. The lady told me I signed up for it and they sent me an e-mail letting me know about it--needless to say, I didn't get the e-mail. I was beginning to think I really authorized my card to them; glad to find this website to learn about them.
 4th of Jul, 2008 by   chris 0 Votes
I just today, 04 july 2008, discovered the charge from easy saver, due to me ordering something from proflowers. I ordered 2 flower arangments back on mothers day and on that day I was charged $1.95 by easysaver. Somehow they dident rip me off anymore after that untill I ordered with proflowers again, two months ago for my girlfriends birthday. Today I figured out I have been charged twice, once each month for $14.95 each since my last proflowers.com purchase. Awesome, I love giving my hard earned money away. YAY!
 6th of Jul, 2008 by   Nick 0 Votes
Do not depend on Proflowers or Easyscammer to get your money back. If either company was ethical, we would not be discussing this.
If they are not cooperative, contact either the local prosecutor, the local police department, or the state attorney general. I would give them one phone call, and inform them of where I'm going after I hang up.
You should not have to beg to have YOUR money returned to YOU.
When they get a letter or phone call from the PA or AG, as RWR said, "When they feel the heat, they see the light."
 6th of Jul, 2008 by   Barry Sloan 0 Votes
I noticed a bill on my discover card from easy saver. I don't even know who they are, but upon checking my search engine, I discovered that a lot of other people have received unauthorized charges. I have used ProFlowers.com in the past, and suspect that this is where the charge came from. How do I get rid
of this charge and keep this from happening in the future.
 7th of Jul, 2008 by   Julie 0 Votes
Same situation happened to me, but I called the very top number (after reading this complaint) and the guy I talked to had no problem, I just told him I was charged these fees and I dont know why but Id like to cancel whatever it is and he said ok, verified my info and said Ill get my refund for the 2 charges in 7-10 days.

Michael Moore and Sean Hannity Talk About Mortgage Crisis