Easy Saver

Easy Saver
Lanham, Maryland
Phone: 800-444-9491
www.easysaverrewards.com
I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER 800-355-1837 PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: 800-444-9491, which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.
Complaint comments Comments (648) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges

Comments

10th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
After seeing my bank statement, I noticed the $14.95 charge for Easy Saver. I only ordered flowers for my mom and grama for Mother's Day and did not recall anything about Easy Saver. When I called the number on my bank statement for Easy Saver, I got a very nice representative named Amanda. I explained my situation, and asked where this information is that I supposedly signed up for, she explained to me that it was a pop up window that appears after your put in your credit card information. If you enter your email and submit, it will automatically sign you up for the Easy Saver discount membership. Sooo, for anyone else who orders flowers, if you do not want to be signed up and charged $14.95 a month for a service you may or may not use, cancel or close out that box. She furthermore told me she would be happy to credit my account back the $14.95 and cancel the membership. It pays to be nice.

Debbi.
 10th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just got the $14.95 charge today and was quite indignant when I saw it. But then I remembered that I had signed up for a $15 off rewards at proflowers.com with knowledge that if I forgot to cancel (which I did) I would be charged. I called up easy saver just now and within 2 minutes had my account with them cancelled. And the woman who worked there was very friendly and didn't try to convince me to stay. So if you truly were 'duped' then I am sorry and just make sure you call them. However, if you were simply too lazy to read the fine print and now are pissed, you really should have learned by now that there is no such thing as a free lunch and just cut your losses.

The number is 1-800-355-1837. Good luck.

Oh, I also had the freeshipping.com charge which really did piss me off. According to their terms & conditions they give full refunds when you cancel their membership. I emailed them today -- hopefully they are true to their word. But I will take the above advice and alert my bank to this fraudulent charge.

Thanks!
 11th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
i ordered from Blair.com and the next month there was a charge for $14.95 on my card. after checking there was also a charge of $1.95 on my card the month before for easy save. this is a big rip off. i think you have to UNCheck a box not to get easy saver, should be the other way.
 11th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I had the same exact problem... After I ordered from ProFlowers, I noticed a $1.95 charge by Easy Saver. I assumed this was from FreeShipping, which I had signed up for the same day, and since it was a small amount, I didn't make a big fuss about it. The following month (this month), I noticed a $14.95 charge to my credit card, same company, and that's when I was pissed (I had canceled my membership to the other company and knew it wasn't them). I found this page and called the number the original poster posted (800-444-9491), asked for a refund, and received one with no questions asked. The woman I spoke to said it could take 1-2 billing cycles before the refund would appear, but to my surprise and delight, it showed up within 1-2 days on my credit card.

So to those who have been receiving unauthorized charges... please call 800-444-9491 to ask for a refund and make sure you get all of your money back!
 12th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am currently on hold with Easy Saver to find out where they got my card number. I NEVER signed up with them. I intend to stop doing business with whoever gave them my card number.
 12th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have had exactly the same experience, I have been charged this same amount monthly for receiving absolutely nothing. I never signed up for anything, only once clicked a button on proflowers inviting me to benefit from free shipping on my order. These people are thieves, thriving on the internet.
 13th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

One complaint listed an Easy Saver number of 800-444-9491. I called, gave them an earful, and they quickly offered to credit my card for all charges. Be sure you get a transaction/reference number from them.

I also called ProFlowers and gave the same to a customer service supervisor, including making him promise his boss would sent an email apology. I'd like to be there Monday morning when (if) he tells the boss what he promised.

Be firm, be assertive, accept nothing less than a full refund and an apology. We all probably clicked without reading the fine print, but that doesn't make their methods ethical.
 14th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
They are definitely a rip off. I had no idea I had allowed them to charge my credit card. Proflowers should also be held accountable and 97.9FM in Baltimore for advertising for them.
 15th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Just discovered we have been involved with these charges as well -- their initial charge is for $1.95 (which is so small -- we looked right over it)... have had other unauthorized charges on our account and we went back into our account detail and one month later, we were charged the complete $14.95 and continues each following month... we contacted our bank (Bank of America) and let them know about this posting and their response was the company is currently under investigation from higher authorities as well as ProFlowers... ProFlowers has wonderful pricing BUT sells your information to other vendors and that information includes your credit card information (this is coming from our banking source)... this is crazy and will make me reconsider before I make another internet purchase -- sad the world has come to this!
 15th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I posted a complaint 3 days ago while on hold with Easy Saver. I found out my Easy Saver started with Blair. My mother and I have been getting clothes from Blair for decades. I was quite surprised.

According to the person I spoke to, I will be credited the full amount they charged me. I hope to find out next week if that is so.

I not only phoned Easy Saver, but I phoned my credit card company.

I'd like to know how this can happen with legitimate businesses? I phoned Blair to give them my opinion of it too.

Hertz also participates in Easy Saver so beware.
 15th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just received my May checking account statement and sure enough, two charges are on there - $1.95 and $14.95. My wife purchased flowers from ProFlowers, and without reading the fine print, signed up for the Easy Saver program. I have to agree with David that my wife is to blame for not reading the agreement. However, it is a sleazy practice. To get them to stop billing us, I have had to discontinue the debit card and order a new one with a new number. Damn, folks, read the agreement before clicking OK! (The divorce papers are in the mail ).
 15th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered save a blade from easy saver never receive item, yet they continue to charge my credit card. They are a rip off scam. Beware!
 16th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
the same thing just happened to me to was charged $14.95 from easy savers and i never signed up for it but my credit card gave me the money back and cancled that account so they cant charge me again.
 17th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
After my wife ordered from Cherry Moon I received this 1.95 charge. When I called the number they called it "Membership Services". I told them it was unauthorized and told them to discontinue the charges and refund the 1.95. They wanted my address and phone number for verification (what?) but did it fairly painlessly. I'm still a bit upset that this is going on an pro flowers is allowing it to happen. I will not buy from them or their other companies until we hear something from them.
 19th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have just found these charges on my credit card statement, they go back only 2 months. I have already filed a complaint with the FTC. The scam is such that ProFlowers actually forwards your credit card information and email to Easy Saver. I too saw the popup but closed it, never actually filled out the form. There is no way you cannot be charged when you order, it happens automatically regardless of what you click. All you can do is not order from ProFlowers. I am also contesting the charges with my credit card company who has been usefull in the past about these charges. Now I gotta contact Easy Saver. Thanks's for the complaint, that's how i found the correct phone number!
 19th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am amazed I just called about this and they IMMEDIATELY cancelled the service and refunded my money. I didn't even have to ask. Must be getting alot of heat for this. At least the service was good.
 20th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Thank you so much for this info!!! I just got refunded the charges that they made on my account witho ut any problem. It was also nice to get a representative who sounded American and that wasnt reading from a script!! I thought I'd have to fight to get the chrages back but it was fairly easy!!! Thanks again!
 21st of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I also had an illegal charge on my credit card statement that came today. We bought flowers for mothers day for our mother in law and DID NOT agree to buy anything from this Easy Saver company. I called our credit card company which has the most wonderful customer service. They will be taking the charge off our statement and going to bat for us with this fraudulent company. We have to do nothing further. The CS rep said that there have been MANY COMPLAINTS about this company EASY SAVER...and we are not the first! It alarms me that companies can get your CC number however they do it and charge you whatever they wish in the hopes that you do not check over your credit card statement. Wecheck our statement every month matching the charges up with our credit card receipts. This helps us stay on budget as well as watching our for fraudulent charges on our statement. It is time consuming but well worth it. How many people do not check and end up paying money they do not owe for anything each month? I feel badly especially for the elderly that are taken advantage of.
 24th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Boycott Proflowers, this is a total scam. I just supposedly got 2 months credited out of 5 they've ripped me off for.
 24th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened to me. That whole thing is such a scam!!! They only gave one month of the $14.95 back. I told them to cancel that right away. The lady was very nice, but after all the complaints they have they are probably use to it. I will never go to that website to buy flowers ever again.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree