logo

Esso Gas Station
Car Wash
2. (7 mins ago)
Off Lease Only
I would not recommend buying from them
4. (35 mins ago)
Topix.com Commits fraud!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Easy Saver, Lanham, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized charges!

Easy Saver Contacts & Informations

Easy Saver

Posted:    Valerie

Unauthorized charges!

Easy Saver
Lanham, Maryland
Phone: 800-444-9491
www.easysaverrewards.com
I have been billed by Easy Saver Rewards (EASY SAVER 800-355-1837 PA) for $14.95 per month since making a purchase on Proflowers.com. Easy Saver is apparently associated with ProFlowers and I inadvertently signed up for their 'services' while placing my order. They claim that I requested to be a member when I replied to an email after placing an order. I do not recall replying to any email or asking for the service. Obviously, their business practices are disingenuous at best, since I, and many others, have been fooled by this blatantly unethical business practice.

I informed ProFlowers of this problem and they gave me this number: 800-444-9491, which is different from the one on the bill and on their website. I talked to a service rep. named 'Linda' and she was willing to give me only a fraction of my money back after a long-winded sales pitch about how great their service is. She became rather forceful and obnoxious when I demanded all the money back, claiming that Easy Saver had legally billed me since I signed up for the service. I asked for a manager and talked to 'Jennifer' and she eventually promised to pay back the charges.

Thus far, I have been credited with all but one of the charges; they credited my card a few charges at a time.

If this happens to you, I suggest calling the 800 number I listed above and demand your money back. If that fails, ask for a manager and tell them you are willing to file complaints and inform the media of their unethical business practices. Also, informing ProFlowers, or other companies linked to Easy Savers, would be a good idea.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jan, 2008 by   Tanner Christensen +2 Votes
I had the exact same experience through Proflowers.com! I recently found out about the 14.95 charges that were happening and didn't make the connection with Proflowers.com but after reading this I saw that my first EasySaver charge was on the same day that my Proflowers order went through. Thank s a ton for this article. It was a great help in resolving my problem as well. They were very helpful in refunding the money, but I won't know that for sure until 7-10 days from now. Next time, no Proflowers order!
 3rd of Jan, 2008 by   Joe Splameto 0 Votes
They did the same thing to me, but they refused to refund my money. I will never buy from proflowers.com again.
 6th of Jan, 2008 by   steve benton 0 Votes
I was cheated out of over $100 before i noticed the charges. After calling Easy Saver and ProFlowers, I was able to get all of my money back. The Marketing Director at ProFlowers saw my blog post about this sleazy practice and made sure all of my money was refunded. I'm a little surprised that ProFlowers is STILL allowing Easy Saver to rip-off unsuspecting customers....SHAME ON YOU PRO FLOWERS!!!!
 11th of Jan, 2008 by   Karen Q. 0 Votes
I also started seeing Easy Saver charges of 14.95 per month after ordering from Pro Flowers.com . But right at the same time I also tried ordering a book I saw on a television infomercial by calling the advertised toll free number. That toll free number was all automated, and I gave my credit card info thinking I was going to receive a book.

I never received the book, but thought the Easy Saver charges meant that my book would be shipped to me soon. I never received the book. Finally I looked on the internet and found lots of other complaints about unauthorized Easy Saver charges. I found this number
8775648538 and called it today.

When I inquired about how I was signed up for these charges, I was told it was when I ordered something from television, not Pro Flowers. But I'm not entirely convinced since I ordered both at about the same time I started being charged.

From reading other people's complaints, I see that this Easy Saver scam is linked to all kinds of other products and advertising. This needs to stop!

The agent I spoke to today says I will be credit back for the whole 5 months I paid, one 14.95 credit at a time, and that no further payments will be taken out. Well we will see about that. I'm still going to go to my bank and make sure there are no more charges taken out for this Easy Saver.
 11th of Jan, 2008 by   Karen Q. 0 Votes
Anyone who wants to read more complaints about this Easy Saver/American Leisure scam of unauthorized charges can go to /link removed/ and find lots of entries about it there.
 27th of Jan, 2008 by   Beth B. 0 Votes
I just found the same problem. It's a shame that a company like proflowers is allowing this to happen.

When I contacted proflowers they said I must have clicked on a pop up ad to save $10. I told them that my computer blocks all pop up adds and there was no way I could have done that. Now I have to contact this easy saver and attempt to get my money back.

Wish me luck.
 29th of Jan, 2008 by   Andrew Marsh 0 Votes
Thank you so much for posting this complaint; it was very helpful. I experienced the same after placing an order through ProFlowers. I contacted Easy Saver and spoke to "Christina" in their "Member Services" department. I explained the situation and how I had found their company listed on http://www.complaintsboard.com. She said that people say mean things about everything; for whatever that's worth. She explained that I had agreed to a monthly service charge after clicking on an offer for $10 off my ProFlowers order. She also said that I should have received a confirmation email from Easy Saver with my membership terms. I had her wait on the phone with me while I checked my email. I found no such email. I told her that I never intended to be charged monthly for a service I was coerced into and that I wanted a full refund. She told me that she would reverse the charges and that it would be reflected within the next 7-10 days. I intend to contact ProFlowers as well. I really like their service; it's a shame that they are allowing this scam to continue.
 2nd of Feb, 2008 by   Diana P. 0 Votes
We ordered from Pro Flowers from Christmas, and have used them many times. Well never AGAIN.
I missed the $1.95 charge and that credit card statement. Now this month the $14.95 charge from Easy Saver showed up on our bill. I didn't even know who the company was, so decided to search, and this is where I ended up.
We never ordered anything except flowers. We have never received anything from the company about becoming a member.
What I am not understanding is with all these complaints, why are they still allowed to do business, what a shady practice.
Has anyone ever reported them to the Better Business Bureau? I am gonna try.
And how dare Pro-Flowers agree to something like this, they should also not be allowed to do business, especially sell peoples credit card numbers.
Thank you all so much for the much needed insight..
 2nd of Feb, 2008 by   Diana P. 0 Votes
The BBB that will handle your complaint is:BBB of Metro Washington DC & Eastern Pennsylvania
(Washington, DC)
1411 K St. NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005-3404
Phone: (202)393-8000
Fax: (202)393-1198
Email: info@mybbb.org
Web: http://www.mybbb.org

If you haven't already take a few minutes and file a complaint.

Somebody has to stop them.
 8th of Feb, 2008 by   christi chamberlain 0 Votes
I was a very loyal customer of Proflowers but no longer! Easy Saver & Proflowers claim I signed up for a "discounts on travel & membership services" costing $14.95 per month when I ordered from Proflowers and that I received a confirmation email, neither of which are true. Both companies were very unwilling to help me resolve this issue and very rude. I can't believe Proflowers would give my personal information including credit card numbers to affiliates or partners without my knowledge. Proflowers stinks & I will NEVER use them again!
 11th of Feb, 2008 by   Some Poor Sap 0 Votes
I had to same problem, Luckily my online banking notifies me of charges. Easy Saver changed me 1.95 for initial cost I guess I dont remember.

I purchased flowers from proflowers.com and Clicked the pop up at the end regarding 15.00 coupon or something anyway I got 2 emails one from proflowers and one from easysaver... I purchased the flowers on 2/8 and was charged on 2/11 from easy saver for 1.95. I called Prowflowers at 1-800-776-3569 and told them that I was charged from easy saver and she asked some questions and connected me with easy saver.

I told them I did not intend to sign up with them for any thing. She canceled my service and said I am still eligible to use the 15.00 coupon at proflowers if liked. I asked if by using the coupon would I be signed up again and she said no.

I will have to keep a close watch on my back account for any other strange charges from easy saver..

Hopefully I am only out 1.95.

I should of know better, I tell my kids all the time to not click on any "deal" pop ups or Free laptop offers and here I am doing it myself.

Pretty Sneaky business practice to say the least.
 13th of Feb, 2008 by   David 0 Votes
Respectully you guys are idiots for not reading the fine print. Why would you ever click something that states "JUST ENTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND ZIP CODE AS YOUR ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE AND CLICK YES BELOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR EASYSAVER REWARDSSM MEMBERSHIP AS DESCRIBED IN" and not read the print to the left.

Hello, blame yourself for not being thorough...
 5th of Mar, 2008 by   Judith Allen 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me--ordered Pro-flowers for some one - clicked to get the $15 coupon--no emails - nothing--got billed $1.95 - couldn't figure out what it was--got billed again this month $14.95---this is a scam and the government needs to do something about it!
 8th of Mar, 2008 by   ks 0 Votes
This has happened to me too. Today is Saturday and the numbers I have called say they are not open until Monday. What a rip off. Must be stopped. So glad I found this site or I would be pulling out my hair trying to figure out what Easy Saver was all about!!! They won't mess with me, I will fight till the end! All because I sent a bouquet of flowers to my neice last month!
 8th of Mar, 2008 by   JR 0 Votes
I noticed the 14.95 charges debited from my checking account after a purchase from proflowers.com a long time ago. Then I googled the so called "easy saver" and this is where I have ended up. I actually called my bank and placed a stop on the charges.
How do we get these scammers? We have all of these complaints and yet no action has been taken!?!?! They need to be shut down. I have been losing money out of my account and have never seen any coupons or so called benefit from being a member (especially when I never signed up in the first place). I will be getting a hold of the BBB as well as consumer affairs.
SHAME ON YOU PROFLOWERS!!!
 12th of Mar, 2008 by   Amy 0 Votes
Thanks for posting these complaints. I just noticed a 14.95 charge today and searched through my bank transactions and had another 1.95 transaction back on 2/14/08. My husband ordered flowers for me for Valentine's Day through Proflowers.com. We will not be ordering from them again. It is a shame because there flowers are beautiful and last a long time. I have ordered through Proflowers several times prior to my husbands order and never had any charges. I also had a 71.88 transaction from Freeshipping.com so watch outfor those also. They are affiliated with Easysaver and Proflowers. I called my bank and had this sent to the fraud department. They gave me the phone numbers to Easy Saver and Freeshipping.com. I called and they both immediately agreed to pay back these charges with no questions asked. We were given confirmation numbers. So I will have to wait and see. These transactions are pending transacions that have not actually posted to my account so maybe they will be reversed and never post. Thanks for all the good information that helped me have this matter solved quickly.
 13th of Mar, 2008 by   MMurphy 0 Votes
Thanks for posting this. I too am on the wrong side of this scam and it all started from a Proflowers.com purchase. Which will be my last purchase from them. I called the number on my CC bills and it's not even a valid number. So I called the number in this post and got my "membership" cancelled very easily. I didn't try to get the money back but I'm hoping this will all go away by my next bill.
 14th of Mar, 2008 by   Janet 0 Votes
Yep....happened to me too. We just found our $1.95 charge too....I ordered from Proflowers on Wednesday 3/6 and look what it got me. I'll never order from them again. My hubby is canceling my account as we speak.
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   J Borowski 0 Votes
I agree totally with your comments above about Easy Saver which suddenly appeared on my credit report in January and February 2008 after I had ordered a product called Viapren in January 2008 out of Arizona . However, in my case they added another scam called American Leisure which also appeared on my credit report in January & February 2008. They both exstracted $16.95 apiece from my account. I t00 was not aware that I had somehow been duped. I called Easy Saver located in Lanham, Md., and demanded that they return my money. I spoke to a woman by the name of Halbor Redden (with a very heavy foreign accent) who finally agreed to return my money. While speaking to her I found that American Leisure was also located in her office (some coincidence). Ms Redden agreed to cancel both of these two scams and to return all my money

I never received any communication from these people at any time nor any product or service. Now I fear that my credit card may have been compromised. I have advised my credfit card company to this fact.
 25th of Mar, 2008 by   R Buck 0 Votes
I just got the charges taken off for one month, that's all. What a rip-off. I will never use Pro-Flowers again...I have no idea how this happened. The print must have been very fine print!

Thanks for everone's complaints...that's how I found the phone number!
Ruth