logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Henrico County Police Dept.
Abuse / Police Brutality

Billing issues

DU
United Arab Emirates
du.ae
I had purchased an Apple iPhone 4 from du in the month of October, 2010 for which I had to enrol for the du Elite Super 100 plan which is a post-paid connection. Within a week of using the phone, I received a bill stating that I had exceeded my credit limit of AED 1500/- because of excessive data usage and the Elite Super 100 plan was temporarily stopped. The excess bill that I received was the service provider's mistake and the company's representative admitted that several of its customers who opted for this plan faced the same problem. It took approximately three months for the company to sort out this problem. This issue was finally settled in the month of December, 2010.

Now, during the period of three months (Oct. - Dec. 2010) I was being charged the AED 100/- which is the monthly amount that has to be paid for using the Elite Super 100 plan. Since, during this period I was barred from using the Elite Super 100 plan as I mentioned earlier; technically speaking I shouldn't have been charged for that duration. But at the end of three months I had an outstanding bill of AED 289/- for which I lodged another complaint; and later that month I left the country. Unfortunately, I met with a major road accident in the month of January 2011 after which I had to stay back in my home country for the next eight months that being from Jan. 2011-August 2011. During this period, I called the du call centre several times to know the status of my complaint, but every time the representative said that the issue was unresolved and that I was still being charged AED 100 per month. When I returned back to UAE in September 2011, I checked my billing status with the du centre located at Deira City Centre during which I came to know that instead of my bill being settled for the previous AED 289, I was charged with an additional amount of AED 800 for every month starting from January to August 2011; following which I lodged another complaint. But as I the complaints always fell on deaf ears and still my issue stands unresolved.
Thank you.

Abhishek
Comments United Arab Emirates Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Dec, 2011 by   larikov 0 Votes
Du is just the company who steals the money. They're thefts!
Year ago I bought theirs usb stick with data plan 10GB for the first month my bill was ... 13.000AED! I was fighting with them for about one month, and they recalculate my balance, but within that month i didn't have internet connection and of course they didn't forget to charge me for subscription.

After that story i didn't used 3g modem for 6 or 7 months, then i shifted to a new place and decided to use it again. Paid all needed money and tried to change my plan from 10GB to 2GB via theirs self care online service. It wasn't changed, saying - error, repeat later. or something. So I started to use and was sure that I have 10 GB. But in a few days i get email saying that my outstanding balance is close to 1500AED limit. Now my bill is 2000AED and they said that my plan is 2GB because it was changed via self care. Stupid idiots!
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   Sameer Das 0 Votes
i am facing the same problem which Mr.Abhishek mentioned above
An idiotic service du