DriveTime

Posted:

Drivetime Warranty Sucks

DriveTime
I purchased a car from Drive Time in Las Vegas, Nevada. The dealer told me that yes, it was a used car, but that is why I had a warranty. About four months in I noticed a knocking sound and a jump when I shifted gears. I took the car to Drive Time's authorized repair shop and paid the 50 to have them check out the car. They said that they could not find anything wrong and refunded my money, which was commendable. Yesterday I drove to work. When I tried to head home I could start the car but could not shift out of park. I called roadside assistance and they towed it to the same repair shop. He said it would be another 50 for them to look at the car. Then he said that my gear shift needed a repair that was not covered by the warranty. Of course... I told him to fix it. Today, I expected the car and he said that they were able to fix the first problem, but now the rack and pinion was busted. He said the car was pouring power steering fluid and was not drivable. The repair bill is now $1, 100. Funny, I drove it to work just yesterday. The repairs are now mounting and guess what? The warranty does not cover what is needed. We will see about that. I am not going to sit by and let them get away with this. I know they are teamed up with the repair company. If you have a car from Drive Time I suggest you get another mechanic. One you can trust who will correctly assess the car. Then take it to Drive Time's mechanic and see what they say. If that repair is not covered under the warranty then leave. Take your business to someone else. They are currently trying to work out a "deal" with the company so I would be able to repay them for the repairs. They do not know who they are dealing with. I have not neglected my vehicle and they have you by saying the warranty is not bumper to bumper. It is limited. They can choose to pay for whatever they want which is nothing. I am on a quest to see who has actually had a claim paid because I have found hundreds of people who have not. I am not going down without a fight. Drive Time has messed with the wrong person.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Car Dealers

Comments

4th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
Our free oil change wasn't even free, had to pay some of it. Took it to the repair shop because the 4 wheel drive light and engine has been on. They couldn't see what was wrong with the engine because at the moment the light wasn't on and the parts needed for the 4 wheel drive are not covered and now we have to pay the mechanic to even get our truck back that drivetime said they would originally waive and may I add that the mechanic said he wouldn't even know how to fix it anyway! Is this a freaking joke?!
 26th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
Was sold on the 'warranty', just to find out it doesn't cover all you are led to believe. You would have to be a mechanic to understand it. I have a 2009 VW Tiguen with right at 67, 000 miles on it. The rear main seal and timing chain cover gasket went out and guess what...they DON'T cover it. I trust the VW DEALERSHIP I took it to as they have nothing to gain, however, the 'warranty' brought me a false sense of security!!!
 29th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
Drive time is a predatory car dealership that preys on people with horrible credit and limited mechanical knowledge. They're warranty isn't worth the recycled paper it's printed on. They'll give you peanuts for your tradein and then sell you a vehicle that's 400% over blue book value. Then charge you 21%+ interest using their finance department. How do I know, because they did that to my daughter. I agreed to let her trade in my Nissan Sentra, until they offered her $600 for it. I told them I could sell if for $1, 500, which I did the very next day. Now she's stuck with a POS that she's already paid $4, 000 over blue book for and still owes $7, 000. I would never recommend drivetime to ANYONE, even my worst enemy. Stay away regardless of how bad your credit history is!
 3rd of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
Hello qtdq,
We are sorry to hear about your on-going mechanical concerns. Aeverex is a separate company who administers Vehicle Service Contracts, purchased by DriveTime customers. If you are not comfortable with any of the in-network repair facilities that is provided to you, per the terms of your Vehicle Service Contract, you are able to go to an out-of-network repair facility. That out of network shop would need to be able to work with your warranty company. There is a $200 deductible for any covered items should you decide to have an out of network shop complete repairs. If you would like for us to address this matter further, please feel free to contact our Customer Relations department at 888-290-0148. Thank you and have a wonderful rest of your day.
 4th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
Hello Joe ArellanoQ,
DriveTime does not compete on price, nor do we hide it. Because DriveTime specializes in financing for people with less than perfect credit, the interest rate on the financing can be quite high. The total price of the vehicle can be higher because it sometimes includes optional products such as the Vehicle Protection Plan and Gap Insurance. At the time of signing, DriveTime reviews each document with our customers and ensures they understand the information within. By signing these documents, they are asserting that they have read and fully understand the terms enclosed. We encourage our customers to review all paperwork thoroughly before signing the contract. In addition, we record all of our closings, and a centralized group typically reviews in excess of 1, 000 closings each month to ensure adherence to our standards, including the disclosure of all terms and interest rate. If your daughter has any further questions regarding her vehicle, we'd be more than happy to speak with her. She can contact our Customer Relations Department at 888-290-0148.

DriveTime Logo DriveTime