logo

Drivetime

Posted: 2012-04-27 by    qtdq

Drivetime Warranty Sucks

DriveTime
I purchased a car from Drive Time in Las Vegas, Nevada. The dealer told me that yes, it was a used car, but that is why I had a warranty. About four months in I noticed a knocking sound and a jump when I shifted gears. I took the car to Drive Time's authorized repair shop and paid the 50 to have them check out the car. They said that they could not find anything wrong and refunded my money, which was commendable. Yesterday I drove to work. When I tried to head home I could start the car but could not shift out of park. I called roadside assistance and they towed it to the same repair shop. He said it would be another 50 for them to look at the car. Then he said that my gear shift needed a repair that was not covered by the warranty. Of course... I told him to fix it. Today, I expected the car and he said that they were able to fix the first problem, but now the rack and pinion was busted. He said the car was pouring power steering fluid and was not drivable. The repair bill is now $1, 100. Funny, I drove it to work just yesterday. The repairs are now mounting and guess what? The warranty does not cover what is needed. We will see about that. I am not going to sit by and let them get away with this. I know they are teamed up with the repair company. If you have a car from Drive Time I suggest you get another mechanic. One you can trust who will correctly assess the car. Then take it to Drive Time's mechanic and see what they say. If that repair is not covered under the warranty then leave. Take your business to someone else. They are currently trying to work out a "deal" with the company so I would be able to repay them for the repairs. They do not know who they are dealing with. I have not neglected my vehicle and they have you by saying the warranty is not bumper to bumper. It is limited. They can choose to pay for whatever they want which is nothing. I am on a quest to see who has actually had a claim paid because I have found hundreds of people who have not. I am not going down without a fight. Drive Time has messed with the wrong person.
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of May, 2012 by   ParisJ 0 Votes
Our free oil change wasn't even free, had to pay some of it. Took it to the repair shop because the 4 wheel drive light and engine has been on. They couldn't see what was wrong with the engine because at the moment the light wasn't on and the parts needed for the 4 wheel drive are not covered and now we have to pay the mechanic to even get our truck back that drivetime said they would originally waive and may I add that the mechanic said he wouldn't even know how to fix it anyway! Is this a freaking joke?!

Credit Card Skimming + ATM and Debit Skimming