logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
rhb bank malaysia
terrible customer and phone service
2. (3 mins ago)
Clarks Shoes
Poor customer service
3. (9 mins ago)
Search and Rescue (S&R) Bloodhounds
Does not care about dogs after they are sold, Breeds dogs with genetic issues and gives "guarantee" that is not upheld
4. (11 mins ago)
Unsolicited calls

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Drive Time Credit Corporation, Mesa, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - SIGN UP FOR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Drive Time Credit Corporation Contacts & Informations

7300 E. Hampton Avenue, Suite #101
Mesa, Arizona
Phone: 800-483-1965
drivetime.com
ATTENTION: DRIVE TIME CUSTOMERS WISHING TO START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

If you are or have experienced problems with Drive Time Credit Corporation or have had problems with the former company known as "Ugly Duckling Corporation " I need you to contact me immediately.

I will need your name, email, and/or phone number as well as, a detailed explanation of how you have been treated by this company, its staff. Was you vehicle repossessed or were you sold a lemon?

I and several other people are going to make every effort to close this company down AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The more complaints the better the lawsuit will be.

Please send and email to: rosegirl62@gmail.com

Thanks,

Angelica
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Nov, 2008 by   Shiana Agarwal +1 Votes
It was a amazing experience to visit this website and read the articles and contents. http://www.saadepunjab.com
 5th of Dec, 2008 by   Christopher Mabe +1 Votes
I myself & Wife are a victim of Drive Time. They will feed you so much bullshit on what they will do for you and then blame it on corporate! When it comes to the gold referal my wife purchased a vehicle a year ago & I purchased one in april. My rack and pinion was leaking around the boot and it was brought to their attention. I carried it for a diagnostic and payed $40.00 to be denied. When it come the the alldata reports this falls under the specification and SHOULD be honored by warranty since it is part of the drive axles. Now when it comes to the referral we were told that my wife would recieve it but i was told that Husband & Wife were exempt from it because we live in the same household. Where does it state that? It Doesn't! They meaning the dealership & corporate are liars. They have commited Fraud & I want to be part of this Class Action Suit!
Christopher Mabe
 14th of Feb, 2009 by   kyosco +1 Votes
The Original rip off report Title:
DRIVETIME, Ugly Duckling RIP OFF ARTISTS, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL HOW TO GET A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT Glendale Arizona

The Original rip off report Text:
I purchased a 2002 Alero from these people in November 2007, when I first brought it home my window on the passengers side fell into the door, the y supposedly fixed it then the drivers window fell in the door again they say they fixed it, well this happened a few more times, Then in August 2008 the car would not start, I called Drivetime they asked me to get it to their mechanic to look at it, I did and was told the car was fine I brought it home it would not start for 3 weeks and for 3 weeks I called drivetime who told me I would have to get it to their mechanic and pay towing charges, I got it to their mechanic again was told the car was fine and again brought it home and again car would not start, at that point I was fed up I called drivetime to get the car I was done they refused and threatened me with garnishments on my paycheck and everything else they could think of. So like an idiot I kept paying for a vehicle that was nothing more than an oversized lawn ornament until december when I said thats it I am done especially when they tried to say it was my fault the car wasn't working. When I finally got the car started I drove it to drive time pulled in their lot and the car died right there, I handed the keys over and said good luck with it. Now I am getting letters from a collection agency for the amount due of 9, 000.00 The car was only worth blue book 2500 when they sold it to me. This company has to be stopped and if anyone knows how to start a lawsuit against them or if an attorney ever reads any of this please help all of us who have been victimized by these snakes Kyosco Phoenix, Arizona
U.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Time, formally known as Ugly Duckling which is registered under the same ownership.
 14th of Feb, 2009 by   kyosco +2 Votes
I for one would love to be in on the class action suit against drivetime
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   awilliamson8 +2 Votes
I agree. I didn't understand that paying every two weeks entitled paying almost 600 a month for a 2006 PT Cruiser until 2012! I was ok with paying 400 because I have two young kids and I needed a car. This company really does prey on the desperate and its sad that this type of business is being allowed. I do however feel that I should have been smarter about the situation and walked away so I do have a part in the situation that I'm now. Hind sight is 20/20 and I wish that I had taken the bus until tax season!
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   chrystal roberts +1 Votes
I WENT IN TO DRIVE TIME DESPERATE TO PURCHASE A VEHICLE LITTLE DID I KNOW THEY'D BE COUNTING
ON IT. I GAVE THEM A DOWNPAYMENT OF $1500.00 DOLLARS THE CAR I HAD AT THE TIME. I PAID ON THIS
CAR A 2000 BUICK LASABRE THEY IT TO ME FOR $12000.00 TWICE WHAT IT WAS WORTH IN THE 2006. MY INCOME DID NOT QUALIFY FOR A LOAN THIS SIZE TOTAL BEING OVER $19000.00 WITH FINANCE CHARGES.
THE CAR WAS REPOSSESSED 10/21/08 IT WAS NON SUITED IN A RICHMOND COURT, I LIVE IN NEWPORT NEWS MANY MILES AWAY AND NOW THEY'VE TURNED IT OVER TO PRIVATE ATTORNEY'S TRYING TO NOW COLLECT $6814.00 OF WHICH I CAN NOT AFFORD. I THINK THEY PREY ON THE WEAK AND INCOME PEOPLE
KNOWING THAT YOU CAN NOT AFFORD THE LOAN SO THAT THEY CAN LATER REPOSSESS THE CAR RESELL
THEN COME AFTER YOU FOR THE REST, THEY SOLD THE CAR AT AUCTION FOR $3100.00 AND STILL WANT
$6814.00 FROM ME WHEN THEY FILED THE LAWSUIT THEY WERE SEEKING $6205.00 BEFORE THAT $6814.00 NOW AGAIN $6814.00 SO IF THERE IS GOING TO A CLASS ACTION SUIT I WANT TO BE INCLUDED.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   chrystal roberts +1 Votes
I FORGOT IN PREVIOUS COMMENT THAT THE GAS FLOAT DID NOT WORK IN THE CAR AND I RAN OUT OF GAS THE FIRST NIGHT THAT I HAD THE CAR
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   Jon +1 Votes
My wife and I purchased and paid for two vehicles with DriveTime, formally known as Ugly Duckling. A couple years later I was repairing my credit when I noticed that in both instances I had many 30, 60 and 90 day late payments reported to the credit reporting agencies. Anyhow familiar with DT or UD know it would be IMPOSSIBLE to become 30 days late, much less 60 or 90 days late without unbearable collection harassment. My experience with them is they would call you days before a payment was ever due. If a payment became past due by even a day, it was relentless calling. Has anyone else had experience with false reports to the 3 credit reporting agencies?
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   Watts +2 Votes
im in Atlanta GA and DRIVETIME =LIES, LIES, LIES!!!
I have a 2006 Hyundai Elantra, purchased nine months ago and after the 2nd month i had problems with the car, NEW ENGINE ALREADY????!!??? funny thing was the car brakes down on my way to the sales center( one block away) after Corp told me to talk to them about the number of issues (windows dont work, brake light stays on even when car is off)with the 3 year old car and nine months that i had it ..im looking at $2, 015.93 to get it fixed and i would have to come up with 50%. its been 3 weeks, i havent been working because of no car and its in the shop.. The "Manager" called my phone and was very nasty!!! said i was "looking for a hand out" and "You Better come up with it or your done" Something has to be done!!! What can we do?
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   Patricia Trevino +1 Votes
I Patricia Plata, just bought a 2005 Ford Taurus from them in San Antiono TX.on March, 19 2009
any way i still have car up to date .they started calling my work when i was one day late and getting a bad attitude on the phone with me i called and complain to main office.but iam still not happy the way the way i
was treated and want to give car back before i loose more money iam a firsttime buyer but worried if i
turn car in if it will stay in my credit report please advise.

PatriciaTrevino
San Antiono Tx.
210.815.3331
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   cnoblefl +1 Votes
Don't we all feel stupid?? But true to form-corporation feeding on the backs of those in need...

The day I bought my car from drive time, my transmission started slipping-I was planning to go to Orlando from Ocala to get a decent car from a "real dealership" but didn't dare. First I was told my monthly payments would be only $200 a month (no-they are $400-$200 every two weeks, but that is not how it was presented to me) weeks after I bought the car, this freak is calling me that I didn't give them all the information they needed, etc. etc. I went so far to fax it to their GM-not sure why he didn't turn it in-then this freak calls me 13 times-and shows up at my job!!! Now drive time said I can turn the car in, minus .44c per mile and any "depreciation".

Sign me up for the lawsuit!!!

cnoblefl@yahoo.com

C
 29th of Apr, 2009 by   PattyTrish +1 Votes
Drive Time is nothing but Loan Sharks. There is no talking or reasoning with them. I refuse to be harassed over a car payment and it be a few days late and my payments have always been on time. I am with ya on the lawsuit!!
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   twice +1 Votes
i would like to sign up for this action also. i have been a victim twice by this companpany. my first car was an 98 century, i was forced into the car due to my "bad" credit. after about 3 and1/2 years of good account standing, i rcvd a call that my credit w the comp. had been gd so now i was elg. to come down a get a "new" car w no money down, silly me i was ruches into another loan w these peopple, i now have an 02 grandprix priced at 23, 000 $ and it is only worth 2, 500 if that . the csr has numeral probs, and the comp. is unwilling to assist me in getting out of this car. i now owe aabout ten thou on this used car. there must be a law against this sort of trickery sign me up

tcoco09@gmail.com
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   zandra m +1 Votes
U CANT FILE A CLASS ACTION IF U ALREADY SUED THEM, RIGHT?
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   aktrazer +1 Votes
I bouught my vehicle from DriveTime in High Point, NC. We're in a recession, times are hard and yes, people fall behind, I have NEVER been more than 14 days behind. Yet, they still call and harass me, they even went as far as to look up my mother's phone number (which I DIDN'T give to them), and harass her. They are under the assumption that we all just have the money but don't want to give it to them, while they sit in their air-conditioned cubicle and call people for being 1 day late. I'm trying to get rid of the car as we speak and go through a reputable dealer. I'm done with DriveTime and their attitudes and rudeness. I'm a bartender so customer service is paramount, obviously once you sign the papers with them, customer service goes out the window. I'll gladly sign up.

aktrazer@aim.com
 9th of Aug, 2009 by   tykey6 +1 Votes
I am buying a 2001 chev and i only have the truck for year and a half and the trans is already shot...and its going to cost 1300 dollars to get it fixed...its already hard trying to make truck payments when you have lost your job. Now trying to fix a truck thats not worth it...

I would like to sign up

tykey6@aol.com
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   aafionis +1 Votes
I am pretty much in the same boat. I bought a car from them a year and a half ago and it's been nothing but issues from the gate. Now I am stuck with it and plenty of headaches. Please sign me up!

aafionis@cox.net
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   Karena C. +1 Votes
I was a co signer for my sister and drive times collection agency Calvary has a judgement against me to take money out my bank account I was never summons but that is what the courts think. Why are companies allowed to do this. They don't even have my correct address.
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   Created2InspireU +1 Votes
I purchased a car from drivetime in hampton roads, va in january 2009. I have been having problem after problem with the car since about my 3rd month. I've taken it to the authorized maintenance company at least 3-4 times (paying $40 each time) only to be told that they can't find the problem. I'm paying $400 a month for a car that gives me constant problems! How can I too be a part of this class action lawsuit?

In addition, I had a co-signer that has perfect credit, but drivetime advised me not to use my co-signer because they told me that it would not lower my interest rate. They are charging me 22% interest on a 2005 Suzuki Forenza! I needed a car badly because the transmission had gone out on my old car and I didn't have the funds to get it fixed. Now I'm stuck with a car note and additional maintenance fees on a car that is at least 4 years old. SOMEBODY HELP!!!

created2inspireu@yahoo.com
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   shannon.conti +1 Votes
I purchased a car in 2003 from drive time. Less than 2 months after my purchase the belts on the car were completely destroyed. After replacing the belts sevral times in the first year we come to find that there has been a power steering leak since I purchased the car. Contacted Drive time and they said it was too late. I decided that with the huge interest rate I was paying and the large payments I was required to make I just did not need this car any longer. And like many of you have said the harrassing phone calls. I drove the car to their lot, parked it and went to turn in the keys. They then pressured me saying they would re negotiate and blah blah blah. I simply left the keys and walked out. Shortly after this day I was contacted several times by a collection agency trying to get a massive amount of money from me. I am all for a class action suit. Please contact me if this happens

shannon.conti@gmail.com

Are Your Friends Costing You Money?

Latest Groups