logo

Hallmark channel
closed-captioning
3. (42 mins ago)
vpfashion.com
The bad-quality and not recommended seller
4. (44 mins ago)
Dog Breeder
bad breeder
5. (46 mins ago)
DS GROUP LLC
Company steals from me and impossible to reach them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dressale.com Complaints & Reviews - Purchased a prom dress for my daughter on Dressale.com and got ripped off almost $200

Dressale.com Contacts & Informations

Dressale.com

Posted: 2011-03-07 by    Intane2541

Dressale.com
dressale.com
Sooo UPSET!! Purchased a prom dress for my daughter on Dressale.com and got ripped off almost $200 and she has no prom dress now for her senior prom!!! The charge on my card listed MB*Moneybookers.com and name as Money Bookers! Everything is international so looks like no recourse.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Mar, 2011 by   Marrymaide +1 Votes
This company sucks!!! Never ever will buy anything from there!! They ruined my wedding, 11days before the scheduled delivery, they send me an email to confirm my size which tells me that they didn't even start to make it!! And after tried to negotiate with them, they blamed everything on me! This is horrible!! How could this company ever exists?!!
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   Marrymaide 0 Votes
It's not a trus able company. First of all they said it's only takes about 21 days for delivering and making, which actually takes more than that, but they will not tell you until you waited in the half way. 2nd, if something really happened with your dress, there is no one or anywhere that you can complain to or ask for refund, their customer service is the worst. There is only one person, who sucks at English and has this attitude of don't care about the customer. She can say really mean things to you, and even making fun of your with her co-works and you will have nothing to do with it. Yes, it looks like a big company, but this company don't care about the customers and only care about takes in the money from your pocket, once it's theirs then you will never be able to get it back. If you are lucky to receive a good piece of a dress then you are lucky. If not, the only choice you can have is take the PAIN!! Yes, that's how they do the business. I have put all my trust on them, and now, i am really scared to buy stuff online now, especially from companies from Hong Kong or other overseas, because you are taking much more risk to buy the staff then inside of the United States. Dressale.com now really looks like a fraud company who is only trying to get your penny out of your pocket. If you want to get a good dress, do not buy it from the Dressale. com. If you are not sure, then check their customer service number, there is only one number you can reach and only one level of people who don't care about you at all!!! If they are mean to you, you can't find their manger or boss to fight for you rights back!
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   Boomey 0 Votes
This is not a company. This is a scam to get money. They do not sell dresses of any kind or anything else. The phone number is actually a home phone number. I contacted money bookers and my credit card company, they both were very helpful.
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   dissappointed1 0 Votes
Never got my daughter's prom/Junior miss dress. Day before now, and she has to borrow one from a friend. DO NOT ORDER FROM DRESSALE.com
 22nd of Apr, 2011 by   shell710994 0 Votes
i too have just been scammed out of money, i can not complain to paypal because its more than 45 days and the bank wont help because i authorised the transaction.
I think im more in bits than my daughter who is more concerned about me being upset, which makes it worse as she truely deserves to be made to feel special...im more angry about the dress than the money although now i can not afford to give her a good prom dress.
I dont know how they get away with this!!
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   poohbear44 0 Votes
I too feel that this so called company has scammed me, i purchased a prom dress for my daughter back in February on two different international web dress sites because she couldn't decide which dress she liked best. Well, I received the dress from a site called light in the box and it was fabulous and got it well in advance, however, still waiting on the dress from Dressale. I have been conversing with I guess is a representative from their company informing me of my dress still being in the process mode... come on, after two months, I finally asked for my money back and was told I couldn't get a refund cuz of fabric being used and time of the workers have put in, but if it's not done how could that be. They also told me Money Brokers have a fee, so basicly I was S..O..L!!! THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN.
 2nd of May, 2011 by   Tessnau86 0 Votes
I have been scammed as well.
400 bucks down the toilet, i ordered three dresses for friends weddings.
I ended up buying three dresses locally the day before each wedding.
Such a disaster and such frustration.
I have emails from them discussing the refund which was taking 45 days.
I now discover their websites are gone. I have forwared all emails onto my bank.
Finger crossed they can recover it for me.
I hope they find who is behind this, they are low life scum and need to be dealt with.
SCAM SCAM SCAM.
 3rd of May, 2011 by   Nashbiz 0 Votes
Still waiting for my dress - I ordered 2 for my daughter's wedding with promises that the dresses would be delivered by the end of April. Nothing yet. When I emailed (and I understand it is only May 3) and asked about the dresses they said they were "processing" and to be patient. However, an earlier email stated that everything was on schedule and would be send by April 25. Nothing.
I wish I had seen these 'scam' reports before I ordered.
I used PayPal and so I will be starting a formal complaint with them by the end of the week so that I can have my money returned.
Here's hoping!!

NEVER EVER EVER by from this company!!!
 4th of May, 2011 by   jessica thibodeaux 0 Votes
I too was scammed. I oredered my wedding dress through them on March 4th. The first date they gave me that my dress would be in was April 10th, the second date was April 24th, the third date was April 30th. They told me that because of the two national holidays the would not be able to get the dress made in time. I looked up China holidays and they had two at the beginning of April. So i called the bank today and got a refund and the will investigate them for fraud. I called the bank a few hours ago and i got all my money back already. So i do not recommend anybody to buy from this company. And the number they had was a home number and the lady did not speak good english at all. and now the number does not even work...
 9th of May, 2011 by   Hannah Brown 0 Votes
My friend has bought a dress from this company, at first, she is a little bit nervous about the quality, but when she got the dress, she was not disappointed at all. The dress looks the same as the picture, and they deliver the dress as they promised. Recently, I want to buy a dress from this company, but as far as I know, their website has been attacked by hackers, that's why you can't find their websites.
 9th of May, 2011 by   Mivv 0 Votes
I know your feeling. I bought one party dress from this website not long before and I feel not bad. Skirt and images also look almost, while the dress delivery has delayed for 2 days, luckily I have enough time to plan for my party time. It doesn’t matter.
 9th of May, 2011 by   RSueL 0 Votes
WARNING!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SELLER!!! They do not have any ethics - I am using them as an example of POOR business morals and ethics in my college classes. I am also surprised that American card companies are supporting their sales. My advise is to continue to post true reality of their sales - I mean steals!! Do the following: Contact the US Attorney General's Office. Contact the Attorney General of your State. Contact the card company (ies) and report this company as a fraud. Email Dress Sale DAILY and tell them that you plan to contact the above entities and that you demand FULL REFUND!
 10th of May, 2011 by   Anthony Lewis 0 Votes
My colleagues have bought a dress from Dressale, though the dress delayed for 4 days, the quality is promished, and the dress looks as beautiful as the pictures shown, the price is reasonable, I think this company is trustable.
 11th of May, 2011 by   GrandW 0 Votes
my dress was ordered on march 22, i should plan well with it before may 1 for my friend's wedding. i feel nervous about online shopping, especially it is an oversea business, i gave my exact measurement and then i track my dress, finally one of their customer service told me my dress was shipped out on april 4, after about 7 days, I received my dress. May be you should keep in touch with them with all methods.
 11th of May, 2011 by   madsenee5 0 Votes
I wish I would've seen all this sooner. I am going through all of this hassale right now. I tried cancelling my order barely 15 minutes after ordering it, because they said I would get the dress June 15 and I needed it before then. They email from the lady said they would refund my money, but charge me a $20 fee for payingwith paypal. I didn't use paypal, I paid with my credit card. I went back and forth via email, all responses were from a different person, and all were ignoring my questions and statements, and giving me the same run-around answers. I finally went to their website to try and find a phone number to call and complain. No such phone number existed. I used their "live chat" and told the lady I wanted a phone number. She wouldn't give me one and gave me the same run-around. I finally told her if she didn't give me a phone number I was going to call my credit card company, and a lawyer. She finally said their phone was broken, and that they'd give me a full refund tomorrow. I told her I was keeping all emails I recieved from them, along with the conversation we were having, and was going to be making sure I got my FULL refund, along with filling a complaint about the company. I have talked to my credit card company, and if I don't recieve my refund in a couple days, we will be disputing it. I also reported this "company" to the Better Business Bureau. I suggest you all do the same so we can get them out of business, and save other people all this hastle.
 11th of May, 2011 by   Anthony Lewis +1 Votes
I bought a dress for my daughter on Apr.13, the dress delayed for one week, the customer service has apologised for it. Though the dress has a little bit different from the pictures shown, it is very beautiful and I'm satisfied with the quality. Besides, the price is reasonable.
 13th of May, 2011 by   nunyabeeswax 0 Votes
Those above who are supporters are obvious fakes. I do not see an honest post to their credit.
 13th of May, 2011 by   nunyabeeswax 0 Votes
Thanks for saving me!
 13th of May, 2011 by   Monique4 0 Votes
I just called dressale.com for an order, the dress should be ready May 25th, and while they told me it should almost 25 days to make as well as ship the dress that I may purchase one in local shop.
 16th of May, 2011 by   siggy20 0 Votes
I too was ripped off by this company. I ordered my daughters comunion dress from them in February which was meant to arrive the 30th March, then they said it would be April 10th, then April 25th. Finally on April 30th a package arrived containing a Wedding dress. I emailed them all the details telling them this was not what i ordered and the order number on the dress that did not match my order number. I asked for a full refund and after 12 emails they said they will refund me $30 and they want me to send the dress from here in Ireland to the rightful owner in Germany at my own cost. I am already down $100 and and had to go out and buy my daughter another communion dress at the last minute. All I get from them is emails telling me I am being unfair to ask for a refund and telling me to post the dress to Germany. THIS COMPANY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Credit Card-Fraud