logo

womanfreebies.co.uk
Don't buy from them
4. (11 mins ago)
dry symantec
I've been charge twice for the same product
5. (20 mins ago)
horace moseley
con man

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dreams Beds Complaints & Reviews - Worst customer experience ever!

Dreams Beds Contacts & Informations

Dreams Beds

Posted:    Professor S Ghosh

Worst customer experience ever!

Two beds were purchased from DREAMS (=A31463) (order no. 020 I 359). Delivery: Both delivered on 17th July 2007. Not taken to bedroom but dumped in the hallway. So could not check at delivery.

Quality: 3 of the divan drawers broken, fabric torn in various places.

Customer services: Non-existent. Takes 50 minutes to get through. Standard answer - cannot help now but will call back. No call backs ever happen.

Guarantee: Pressure sales to buy warranty. Cannot use the warranty to even get them to replace the broken beds.

Store: will not entertain any complaints - always refer you to customer helpline which does not function at all.

Worst customer experience ever - this company should not trade.

Best wishes,
Professor S Ghosh
Comments United Kingdom Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Apr, 2008 by   Paul 0 Votes
Although happy with bed and its delivery I was not able to return or even exchange the bedding which I also bought from the Dreams Store in Coventry. I was baffled and stunned that you couldn't even exchange the bedding even though it was still intact with its factory packing and never opened! The useless staff at Dreams just dont want to know even after purchasing a £600 bed. The after sales service is non-existant and they do not budge on this stupid policy. Beware do not purchase any bedding, quilts, pillows, duvet & cushion covers from Dreams as they don wanna know you if you go back to exhange or refund!!! They pressurise you to buy these extra things as well as the warranty. Please stay away from them...god help you if any thing goes wrong with your bed!
 23rd of Aug, 2008 by   Claire 0 Votes
My partner purchased a bed last week. It was faulty and would not assemble. Having rung cutomer services we were told they would call the next day to arrange re-delivery of the faulty part within 5 days. It did not happen. My partner has rung several times and can not get through or is hung up on. It has now distrupted our whole week and now bank holiday weekend as we are having to travel to the store it was bought in to make a face to face complaint.
 4th of Oct, 2008 by   Chrissy Phillips 0 Votes
Anyone considering about buying a bed from Dreams should SERIOUSLY reconsider! I'm too angry even now to re-live my bed buying experience but lets just say... there is ZERO customer service from start to finish. The only time they give any sort of service is when you are in store ordering - after that you're on your own and good luck!

This company really shouldn't be trading, I honestly can't imagine how they've got away with such shocking standards for so long!!!
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   kevscott 0 Votes
Dreams are the single worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

The people in their branches are only interested in making the sale. NO Customer Service in any of their stores. The product knowledge and advice they offer is completely non-existent.

The Customer Service department (available by phone only - not face to face!) are liars. One person I spoke to had the cheek to -
1) Try selling me something while I was trying to sort out my existing order
2) Tell me that Dreams was actually making a LOSS on my order!

Their delivery person had an anger management problem. Why? Because my wife asked him to turn the bed round.

The biggest disgrace is the fact that they charge 20% of the purchase price if you want to return a bed!!

Read their terms and conditions very carefully before giving them your money or you will live to regret it.

Agree with the above poster. Customer Service is terrible.
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   Mr Pat 0 Votes
We purchased a Double Divan Electric adjustable bed from Dreams and paid £1400 thinking it would be of good quality, how wrong we were.

Basically when it was delivered we found that the mattress was already coming away from the seams, the Electric adjustment wont work as the head board that was sold to us was not compatible with this bed, and also the electric wires were getting trapped when the bottom draws were used, the electric wires had not been routed correctly during manufacture, There were real safety issues with this bed.

Basically we was sold a bed that was useless and dangerous, so we had to sleep on the floor for a full month.
There customer service was so poor that it was non existent, they promise to ring back but no one does, you have to keep ringing them day after day, week after week.

After many calls and two official complaints letters to the Director, they were still dragging there heals, they did not even give me a written apology until I asked for one.

In the End we got so fed up and stressed we demanded our money back, they weren’t even going to refund the full amount but after further complaints they eventually did but we was still at a loss as it costs us a lot of time on phone calls and letters, no compensation was given even when we asked for one, looks like they do not look after their customers.

In our option the Dreams company was just one big nightmare.
 15th of May, 2010 by   lionheart63 0 Votes
Dreams are nothing but thieves who wear suits rather than masks and stripy jumpers. I ordered a single bed & mattress, wardrobe and bedside cabinet at a cost of £900. The bed was in stock, was self-assembly and was taken away from store in my car with the furniture to be delivered within two to four weeks.
The wardrobe and bedside cabinet were pre-assembled and although we checked the sizes to make certain that they would fit into the bedroom, we didn't give a thought to whether the wardrobe would actually fit up and round the stairway when it was delivered.
It was delivered just over two weeks after ordering, but the delivery men couldn't get the wardrobe up the stairs, so it had to be taken back, with the bedside cabinet in the bedroom still in its box. One of the delivery men said that this was an 8 out of 10 problem and that they had exactly the same problem at the delivery immediately before ours.
My wife and I called into the store and explained the situation and a salesman pointed us towards other furniture which was self-assembly, but which my son, who the furniture was for didn't like.
I phoned customer services and explained the situation to them, stating that although we would now need to locate furniture which would more or less match the bed, we would be keeping the bed but would like a refund on the furniture as the wardrobe could not fit up the stairs. I was told that there would be a 20% charge (£97) if I wanted a refund, as they said that the terms and conditions on the back of the invoice, (which you don't receive until you've paid) states that the customer should check whether the furniture can fit, with apparently no onus on the salesperson to inform the customer that on many occasions pre-assembled furniture does not fit and that measuring before committing to buy might be a good idea.
I was told that this fee was to cover delivery, yet re-delivery in the event that you are not in at a pre-arranged delivery time is just £20, with my argument being that if I had been informed by the salesman at the point of sale that there was a better than average chance that this furniture would not fit, I would not have ordered it without checking first. The customer service representative suggested that telling the customer everything that was contained in the T’s & C’s was not practical, but surely asking customers to double-check whether a certain piece of furniture will fit is hardly a major chore for a salesperson?
I have phoned for consumer advice and their actions are apparently legal, but morally reprehensible, so Dreams are obviously aware of this and have even more obviously devised their T’s & C’s around this.
In similar circumstances, the 8 out of 10 failed deliveries would earn them £776 for furniture of the same price for absolutely nothing, so I suggest that this is why they do not inform their customers.
With repeat custom being the bedrock of success, I would suggest that Dreams will only ever be a mediocre company rather than an excellent one, as I would never go back again and judging by the content of this thread, I am obviously not alone.
My advice would be to avoid this bunch of crooks like the plague, as they are not remotely interested in customer satisfaction, just taking your money off you at any cost and not giving a care thereafter.
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   Catherine Field 0 Votes
LETTER OF COMPLAINT SENT TO DREAMS AND REST ASSURED.

We bought a Rest Assured ‘Capri’ mattress from Dreams in April 09. It should have cost £1500 but was on sale for £643, it's now back to £1300. We also bought the 10 year Warranty as the mattress was so expensive.

We wanted that particular type due to it having the latex foam layer on the top and, as I am Registered Disabled and have Osteo-Arthritis in most of my joints, I was told that it would be great to ease my pain during the night.

After 7 months (and not all of them being slept on by me due to illness) I noticed that the mattress wasn't 'square' anymore but was going parallelogram shaped and had a lump down the middle. With still being ill I kept forgetting to ring Dreams to sort it out but got in touch before the first year Warranty was up. A man came out, viewed the mattress and took photos. I was surprised that not once did he touch or lie down on it to feel where the lump was, all he did was sit on one side for about 2 seconds.

After quite a few weeks of not hearing anything I got in touch to find out what the man had decided and was told that he said it's due to 'wear and tear' and the fact that we have a cot next to the bed.

Our daughter was 2 years old in April so for her first year we still had our previous mattress and it is a Cot Bed that is next to us now which she has slept in since she was 9 months old. We had our previous mattress for nearly 10 years in which time we had two children who both slept in cots next to the bed and that mattress was still ‘square’ when we decided to change it.

All in all I'm not sure of the reasoning behind saying it's due to a cot being next to the bed especially as when I first noticed the 'sliding' it was on the opposite side of the bed so sliding away from the cot and since then it has been rotated several times.

The mattress started to 'slide' and not be square shaped after 7 months, how can that be accepted as wear and tear of a mattress that was so expensive and supposed to be such high quality.

Also, from June to September I spent the majority of my nights at my Mum's due to my Partner working very long hours, we have 2 small children (who stayed with me at my Mum's) and I was very ill so therefore I hardly slept on our new mattress.

It's unbelievable that we are being told that a mattress that cost £643 (at sale price) can deteriorate to such an extent in less than one year that it's now extremely uncomfortable and causes even more pain in my back than I had before.

I am not happy in the slightest the way this has been dealt with and to say I'm upset and disappointed in Dreams is an understatement.

I would now never buy anything from Dreams again or a Rest Assured mattress and I certainly wouldn't recommend either to anybody else.
 11th of Aug, 2010 by   d burnell 0 Votes
i got a bedroom set from DREAMS ... when i ordered the set they told me it came flat ... it came eady made !!! sent the wardrobe back and from july 25th i still havent been refunded my 380 quid for my wardrobe and everytime i ring i get a different story or sum1 puts the phone downand i am always polite never argue or shout ... they still havent rang me back and say i have to pay 20percent because i sent it back when its their mistake telling me furnature comes flat when it doesnt
 24th of Oct, 2010 by   gbmanchester 0 Votes
I walked into dreams to view a bed my wife had been looking at. I paid £970 cash for a bed with the promise it would be delived on the monday. my wife booked the day off work no bed arrived. I phoned them on the tuesday to be told it would be delived on the wednesday (another day off work). a phone call on wednesday morning saying it would now be saturday. saturday came and i was then told tuesday.my wife was using all her holiday entitlement waiting for nothing! I phoned the store only to get through to an answerphone 3 times. I then tried the customer services line. after waiting on hold for 15minutes i got to speak to somebody that told me they dont give cash refunds and as it was over £500 it had to go to the escalations team who i couldnt speak to. in the mean time i found the same bed elsewhere for £599 (£370 less than dreams) and had it delivered. dreams are now telling me that they have a 20 percent cancellation fee nearly £200. they say that when they give dates they are just estimates and there small print says they can do this. an absolute joke I urge anybody not to shop at dreams! diabolical customer service and a complete rip off
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   ainsley wilshire 0 Votes
you can never get in contact with customer services, tried from 12.15 held for 25 minutes no luck, tried again 4 times each time i held for at least 20 minutes no luck tried the following day same result, i will never ever buy a thing from them again .
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   Gabion 0 Votes
I purchased a bedroom suite from Dreams on 27 November 2010. Had the usual store discount which meant I got it for £1800. Was also told that I could choose £50 of bed linen for free. As the bedroom was being decorated I said I would choose the bed linen at another time as I didn't know what colour the room was going to be. When I returned to the store in January to collect the bed linen I was told the salesman had made a mistake and shouldn't have offered it to me, therefore I wouldn't be getting any. To make things worse it is now 21 January 2011 and I am still waiting for the bedroom suite to be delivered. Have now been told delivery will be in about 2 weeks but I am not holding my breath.
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   DDFox 0 Votes
I bought a bed from dreams in December. It was delivered ok and everything seemed fine. After less than a month the mattress became severely uncomfortable as the springs have expended leaving the mattress misshapen. We started to have a bad back so we have resorted to sleeping on the floor which is much better. After complaining in the (where we made our purchase) they said they could not help. The procedure of getting a replacement was not clear as the store worker and the customer service employee had differing opinions. It was agreed that an inspector would come to inspect the mattress. After 3 weeks the inspector came around he was more interested in my opinion than actually looking at the problem in hand. We did not hear anything from dreams until we rang them to chase them up as we have not been able to sleep for weeks. They told us there was no problem with the mattress but this is simply not true. We have had mattresses in the past and have not had any problems we know what a good and bad mattress is. A spring digging in your back is not the sign of a good mattress. The customer service line is excellent as it takes over an hour for someone to respond, it gives you plenty of time to realise there are lots of songs with the word dream/dreams in. I am sure companies try to calm down their customers with music while they are waiting but in this case, it simply does not work as you are reminded of the company who has sold you a product that is not fit for purpose.

Dreams = Nightmares. Please go elsewhere for your bed.
 6th of May, 2011 by   Slapacus 0 Votes
We now have a similar problem. We bought a mattress and were told if it did not work we could exchange within a given time line. We also purchased a warranty. Within a week we both felt that the mattress was terrbile, it has high points, slopes and pushes the two of us off the bed and oddly enough, into the headboard. We called into the Dreams shop 2 times before getting referred to the call-in customer service. We spoke with the call centre and they initially agreed to replace with a different mattress. The next night we called back to let them know the mattress we wanted to exchange for (some £250 pounds more expensive too as we did not want to risk it). They suddenly said no, they could not honour the earlier customer service agent's offer nor the store salesmen's assertion that we could exchange.
Now I sleep on the sofa, sleep on the spare bed and have a very sore back. I want to drive in, reutrn the mattress and cancel the direct debit to pay the balance. Not sure if that is legal but I am looking into it. Their managers are also too afraid to speak to me directly even though I am maintining a certain sense of calm and am being very polite. This is over a month later. We have waisted £500 on these people. Do not buy from Dreams. Terrrible experience and their practices seem to be illegal to me.
 14th of May, 2011 by   blissweb 0 Votes
Totally agreed. We ordered a bed, and they said they will deliver on Monday, but would call if it could be delivered earlier. In the end they eventually called and said the following Friday. Then they said that they would call Friday morning and give a 2 hour delivery window.
Friday morning, they called and said they would be there in 10 mins. When told we were not at home for another half an hour, they said we would have to rebook delivery. I called to complain and after a 10 minute wait they told me all complaints have to be in writing. I explained the situation and they said they couldn't do anything because the bed was still in transit.

Losers. Useless company. Please do not use. Let them go out of business.
Totally unprofessional scam artists. Shame, coz the bed was quite nice. Lets see what its like when it arrives.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   Ms. Patel 0 Votes
Today after several problems with our tempur bed from the nightmare store Dreams. My husband rang the fraudsters Creation Consumer Finance. (DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM) They said we were overdue with our payments by 2months and have charged us £663.38. It is absolutely disgraceful! They were awful on the phone and were very harsh about their terms. Considering how many times we had to have the bed replaced due to one problem or another and the several visits by their engineers to fix the problem. But that was not their problem. Their problem was us not paying them! We were told by Ranie a salesman at the Wednesbury branch of Dreams that we would get advance notification - a reminder - of when we would have to pay for the bed by. SALESMEN! Don't trust them, especially the ones from DREAMS! Also if you can pay the full amount straight off do so. Don't sigh anything you haven't read. And don't let your hard earned money go to these loan sharks. They are the worst kind of SCUM!
 17th of Jun, 2011 by   eve29 0 Votes
my mum ordered a bed and matress from the loughborough store. we were told the bed was in stock and could take it away with us that day but due to the fact we were paying for the matress to be delivered we decided we would have both delivered together. on the day of delivery we got a phone call confirming the bed would be delivered that day between 2 and 4 pm, so in preparation we got rid of the old bed and matress. just before 4pm dreams called and told us that the bed was faulty and we would have to wait till friday for delivery. we explained (to the rude and arrogent sales man0 that based on the fact they confirmed delivery that morning we had got rid of the old bed and matress and mum had nothing to sleep on, so they sent the matress. mum has a slipped disc and has had to sleep on the floor for 2 nights, she cant get up off the floor without help and had been struggling to get any sleep! i complained to dreams and what did they offer us in compensation???? NOTHING! free delivery ! WHAT A JOKE, DO NOT BUY FROM THESE COWBOYS! the worse customer service in the country i cant believe these awful people are still in business.
 16th of Sep, 2011 by   leanne florence 0 Votes
Had the worst experience ever with dreams.
Paid £1, 200 for a leather sley bed and a mattress
arrived with damage droors
Mattress was awaful
Exchanged mattress which took 7 weeks.
Droors turned up 6 weeks later we had paid assembly and they dumped them then left because they didnt ahve time
When the people arrived to assemble the drrors they dropped them and ripped the leather in the bed.
Dreams now want it in writing despite none of this being our fault and this all taking nearly 2 months now and a hell of a long time holding to speak to them grrrr!
 11th of Oct, 2011 by   yorkshireclaire 0 Votes
i also bought the michigan bedroom furniture from dreams in wakefield branch as solid pine and delivery was a night mare and the dresser unit arrived damaged but the packaging was in perfect condition and looked like it was packed up damaged lol.also my little boy chiped the drawer front on the tallboy and i overcome another nightmare its verneerd chipboard i was disgusted so i got a joiner to inspect the whole lot and they all are constructed from verneered mdf and chipboard so if you have the same please have it checked i am gonna contact trading standards about this so please beware of these crooks
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   Angelpie 0 Votes
I wish I had read up on reports of DREAMS, Nothing but a nightmare really would not recommend them. I bought the Manhatten bed about 3 monthsand now have a fault with it, which the company are claiming is a misuse of the bed, so not covered by the 10 year guarantee. Part of the end panel made of wood has collapsed which they state would only of happened with geat force, I dont know what they think people do to their beds.
 14th of Jan, 2012 by   Mark living the dreams nightmare 0 Votes
Bought a manhattan king size on the 26th of October 2011 made the foolish mistake of paying dreams for it on that day was told would be 3 to 4 weeks, then got an e-mail saying it would be the 19th of DECEMBER got the sister inlaw to sit in all day as we were working, NO SHOW, phoned dreams was told bed sent yodel for dispatch told would be 29th December waited in all day NO SHOW phoned dreams told would be the 5th January whoopee it turned up, got home from work and went to put it together was sent a BADLY damaged headboard here we are on the 14th of january my wife and I after numerous arguments and still sleeping on the floor and still waiting for dream who state on their invoice within 28 days and "NO NEED TO CHASE we will call you immediately your goods arrive usually within 28 days please allow an extra 7 days for delivery"still waiting for an outcome and must have used £20 in phone calls !!!

Nigerian Students, Scammers Nabbed in Malaysia