logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
dermajuve
add says try it free only pay shipping
2. (8 mins ago)
US Pharmacy
constant telemarketing
3. (17 mins ago)
Radaris.eu
Failure to remove personal info
5. (40 mins ago)
Buy Bulk Meds
buybulkmeds.com Biggest Scammer from Pakistan

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

D.R.D Award Payment Data Release, Jericho, New York Complaints & Reviews - They want a check for $19.99

D.R.D Award Payment Data Release Contacts & Informations

D.R.D Award Payment Data Release

Posted:    Nancy

They want a check for $19.99

D.R.D Award Payment Data Release
PO Box 9035
Jericho, New York
They sent me a certificate claiming a payment award for $1, 400, 000 if I mailed them a check for $19.99.

Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Dec, 2008 by   laura 0 Votes
I have just recieved the same and decided to check it out. Also recieved one where the envelope has the address p.o.box9002 levittown, ny 11756 in the top left with big bold letters that say LOCATE TO DELIVER. below that is ISSUANCE OFC enclosures with mailed hand written on the line. below that it says usps secure mail sent under strict protection. direct delivery to residence. it is also stamped 12/11/08 with a meter stamp. bottom right reads -Div. Office 8Jt-. Inside envelope is addressed as
IDENTIFIED INDIVIDUAL
P.O. Box 9101
Bethpage, NY 11714-9101

It has the same blue official looking document as the first and they to are asking for $19.99 for one time fee and it is for $1, 250, 000.00

I really hope this helps everyone
 15th of Mar, 2009 by   fosnal 0 Votes
I have received the same thing too, and I believed it was true and it was not. I was going to sign the check in the amount of $ 19.99 to sentd to them, and before I mailed it I decided to go on google to such to see if it was a real company and it was not. I thank God I didn't send any check.

VC
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   DJ LaFave 0 Votes
I literally get five of these type of scams a week and actually got taken for over one thousand dollars on a mystery shoppers pitch. I receieved the DRD one today and laughed when I looked it up - if you just won over a million dollars then they should have 19.99 of THAT!
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   blacksheep1987 0 Votes
Me too, i got two letters saying about the same thing. That ive won over a million dollars and so on and so forth.. I'm just curious how they got my name and information. I too was scammed by a mystery shopper scam but they totally got me for almost 4, 000.00. Completely screwed me over and all because of a loop hole in the banking system-- Most people don't know this but it is a federal law that states, 'banks must release money deposited by a check if it sits in your account atleast five days.' That doesnt mean after the five days the check has been cleared, only that it is avalible. And if it goes bad your on the hook for it. Totally sucks, being a full time student and with out money anyways, that just put me 3, 000.00 in the whole. But, remember, what goes around comes around. By the way thanks for the info on these scams.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   dc4life 0 Votes
I just received a letter in the mail on Thursdat July 15 stating that I have won 1, 400, 000.00, but I would need to send them $19.99 for the Award payment Data Release fee. I amglad I decided to google this before sending a check.

Thanks for all of your help
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   Sam hassan 0 Votes
It is a total scam .
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   The Hope 0 Votes
I just received this same letter 7/17/09. Wanting me to send them $19.99 for my award of $1, 400, 000.00. There is no return telephone number or website listed to speak to anyone. I'm glad I went to bing.com to check this out. Thank you for your imput!
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   smolife +1 Votes
they should let us meet them so we could kick their asses and make them pay what they promise liars

14th of Sep, 2009 by   smolife +1 Votes
they should pay what it was promise this was false advertisement
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   hidate 0 Votes
Have you ever bought something from AS Seen on TV sites? THAT IS IT!! Accidentally I misspelled my name when I ordered an item to them. After then I receive a lot of rip off phone calls and letters using my incorrect name including this letter "certificate claiming a payment award for $1, 400, 000 if I mailed them a check for $19.99". Be aware and don't trust As Seen on TV sites.
 19th of Oct, 2009 by   EW/Texas 0 Votes
I received my letter from this scamster Robert Richards, prize announcer for the non-existing DRD company on today; Monday, October 19, 2009. I too went on line to research this mailing because I agree it does look legitimately convincing. Thanks for the information on this scam and all should really be aware especially due to the time of year it is...there will will probably be an increase of this type of terrible activity because we are approaching the holiday season. People all over the country are struggling and in need of finances and a million plus dollars would look awfully good to anyone right now, myself included. Hopefully, due to the information in reference to what this fraudulent mailing is really all about being available via the Internet, this person or group of people are not successful. Thanks again for the valuable information.

E.W./Texas
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   Sucka4$ 0 Votes
I too just received the same letter saying I had won $1, 400, 000 from this DRD. I'm hurtin and I thought I had finally caught a break. but it turns out I aint gettin shit. thank the Lord for this website, otherwise Id be out 20 bucks. Thanks for the comments.
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   Ruben Colmenero 0 Votes
I'm pretty pissed off that some idiot or idiot's with this bird brian idea is tring to scam people as well as myself, at first I was hyped at the thought perhaps I'd won $1, 250, 000.00 .I looked up google regarding the prize money too good to be true, send $19.99, I just bought a base ball bat for $19.99, hoping to play base ball with these kat's.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   hefphupae 0 Votes
Does anyone know how to bust this people or who to call to report them?
 13th of Feb, 2010 by   Jgreer320 0 Votes
There is no Phone number, Web site, or anything. They changed their address to P.O. Box 9000 East Meadow, NY 11554-9000... These dirt bags should go to work 70 hours a week like I do... You will never get my $19.99
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   rwashby503 0 Votes
in answer to Jreer320 i think the attorney generals office. if all people who get these kinds of mailing just bombbarded his or her office with calls of complaints of these frauds maybe this person robert richards would be in jail. this guy is no better than Bernie Maddoff. We as a society have become so lax that the government state and federal just ignore the problem while us tax paying citezens get the shaft from the criminals of this country. i long for the days of public hangings. if they ever brought it back there would be a dramatic drop in crime.
 15th of May, 2010 by   jones200221@yahoo.com 0 Votes
that bastard almost got me to, but think GOD for the internet, google, and all of yall comments. It was to good to be true I wish that I could catch up with that scam artist and beat the f@*k out of him for getting my hopes up high.

D. Jones Reserve LA
 29th of May, 2010 by   notrealmad 0 Votes
ha ya all i have been receiving these letters for some time know for some time the first two i sent them 11dollars so i lost 22 dollars i am pretty mad but i have fallen for some good scams like the one were this co. said they could save 2.000 dollars in two months they put me on the phone with my creditors or so i thought asking .they put me on hold as they talked with them the plan coast 900 dollars up front but you conform that if you cant save 2500.00 dollars that you would get your money returned all except 90.00 dollars they put you on the phone with your credit card co. and tell them the same thing and even give you a conformation # then in about 2 weeks or so you get a planed budget telling you that in 4 years you can be out of debit but all calls were fake so thank you all for help with this one iwish i had this kind of information before thanks
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   Keesha 0 Votes
I have received this same letter for 1.400.000.00 but thank GOD for the internet before mailing my check and i was( who wouldn't especially when their saying this is real and not fake) I looked this D.R.D up and these stories popped as my mom used to say if i sounds to good to be true it probably is good for the internet people like these will be out of business soon as far as i know everyone look into these things before sending money good for us and yes it's bad for them
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   bsw 0 Votes
I just got the send $19.99 in return for $1, 400, 000 official looking document but turned it over and read the back side disclaimer stating in plain Enlish 'You have not won any money or prizes" and still, I don't understand how this is LEGAL. You have to feel for the elderly who are alot more naive then the rest of us!

Antivirus Software is a Waste of Money