Dragon Naturally Speaking

Posted:

Commercial too long

Dragon Naturally Speaking
I watch The Science Channel quite often, every single day. I work late hours and usually catch re-runs of shows I missed, and see a lot of commercials for Science Channel shows. I don't mind those. What I DO mind is the seemingly never ending Dragon Naturally Speaking Speech Recognition software commercials. I get annoyed from the first SIGHT of that commercial. They keep talking and and talking and talking, about the SAME. DAMN. THING. I have NEVER been so annoyed that I'd look up somewhere to complain about a commercial before, until this.

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

7th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
Haha oh man this commercial makes me want to kill someone.

My email to Dragon (Nuance) / Discovery Network-

'Your software seems to be fairly ok. In fact I currently use your Iphone app. However, this is not why I contact you.

THE COMMERCIAL YOU RUN ON THE DISCOVERY NETWORK IS THE MOST ANNOYING I HAVE EVER SEEN. IN FACT, YOU'VE FOUND THE MAGIC FORMULA OF ANNOYANCE.

IT GRATES ON MY MIND SO INTENSELY THAT I WOULD NOT PURCHASE A NUANCE PRODUCT IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. WHEN IT COMES ON, I INSTANTLY CHANGE THE PROGRAM AND LITERALLY CURSE OUT LOUD. IF I AM IN THE SHOWER AND HEAR IT COME ON, I WALK OUT, TURN OFF THE TV, AND THROW THE REMOTE.

I'VE NEVER BEEN PROMPTED TO WRITE A COMPANY FOR THIS REASON, BUT REALIZE I AM NOT ALONE. GOOGLE IT.

Thanks for your time and MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS FOR CREATING THIS ABOMINATION.

Best Regards,
 10th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
You could say these commercials really drag on.
 14th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
I knew I couldn't be the only one to find this commercial so annoying, these comment made me laugh. The part I hate th most is when he says a mother who is mothering what the hell. I thought that by now they would've shortened the commercial like so many shorter commercials do after a long run. I'm not ure ho good the product is but I absolutely HATE this commercial!
 26th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
I love many of the programs on the Science Channel. But it has come to a point that I have a semi-dread feeling watching the show due to the inevitability of this damn commercial. I want to strangle that main guy. And nobody wants to hear the old man's million stories! A thousand curses upon the creators of this commercial!!
 29th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
Holy h@ll. I found this board as now it's 2012. The didn't learn from thei last years complaints...Now a new commercial just as long with some chick.
Look at the name of the software, it explains it all. Dragon Software Commercials Drag On (and on and on and on...)
 31st of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
This is a broader problem with long mini-infomercials. It is my believe that they are generally ineffective precisely because people get fed up with them. It shows a remarkable lack of insight from a marketing prospective to hock these commercials on all the major cable networks. Nothing breeds hatred of your product more... sure - you'll pick up uninformed users... P.T. Barnum was right when he claimed that "there's a sucker born every minute." Still - if you're an advertizer, I think there's a certain level of ethical standards that you should maintain. If your commercial is pissing off more people than it is gathering you business, you're doing it wrong!
 2nd of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
Those commercials are worse than Chinese water torture. Too long and too repetitive. They make me change channels and I have missed several programs because I get stuck on something else. Get a clue Dragon. Get some commercial recognition programs. Being annoying and obnoxious doesn't sell. At least not to me.
 9th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I'm glad I'm not the only one with such extreme hatred for this commercial. I have to get up super early to go to work in the mornings, and like to have the TV on while I'm getting ready. The Science channel is the only one on that's not airing one of them damn 30 minute pecker ads, but when this stupid Dragon commercial comes on, it's just about as bad. I get a sick feeling every time it starts. It goes on forever, and JUST when you think it's over, they say "just like so and so" and go through a whole other scenario with some idiot that's not smart enough to type what's in their head, and that happens 3 or 4 more times. This is the first commercial I've ever actually timed, and it IS every bit of 5 minutes long. I'm not mad at the Science channel so much, and this may actually be a decent product, but I would NEVER buy it, just for the simple fact of this commercial sucking so bad.
 15th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
How about the bizarre head movements and facial expressions of the spikes lady? The patronizing tone and eternal recurrence of the headset routine. "Search 'cookoo, ' click send."
 18th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
Holy crap, These commercials are annoying as hell. Is there any way to get them off the air.
 20th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
And what I was dreading, is now coming to pass! Other companies are gonna copy Dragon and there will be any number of commercials that will go on and on and on... The latest "copy-cat" commercial is Humana. And believe me, if it works for one ad agency, the rest will follow like lemmings to the sea! People in the advertising industry are worse than lawyers and used car salesmen! They will steal any idea that will make them more important and will accrue more cold, hard cash! This is the way little ad agencies get to be big ones and big ones get to be bigger. All it takes is one blockbuster ad campaign to do the trick. So, don't be surprised if this tendency towards longer and longer commercials doesn't get some serious traction. I know - I've been there!
 23rd of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I change the channel as soon as I see the lady put her headset on. This is the most infuriating commercial I've ever seen . It is obnoxiously long and I end up missing the show I was watching sometimes because I find something to fill the void of the vortex of longevity. I have time to get in to another story and get to know what the show is all about... and when I flip back that dang Dragon commercial is STILL PLAYING!
 27th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one!! I really hated the originally commercial but I think i hate the new one even more. They always choose a horrible spokesperson. This new lady looks around 30 but she's dressed like she's 14. She stands there stiff as a board in the most un-stylish pair of jeans I've ever seen. The audible commercial (audiobooks) is a close runner up to the dragon commercial does anyone hate that one too? It comes on just as often as dragon and on the same channels, clearly someone thinks that they are targeting the right demographic by airing this ads on discovery / history stations. Also is anyone mad else mad that the science channel is trying to air sci-fi shows like firefly and fringe? I have nothing against those shows but i tine into the science channel for real science documentaries not fake science tv dramas.
 6th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I'm not alone! I code for a living, and find that having the Science Channel on in the background usually helps me concentrate, but these ads always take me out of my zone.
 6th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I too change the channel at first sight or sound of this monstrosity of a commercial, it's just keeps going and going, over and over, again and again, I can't stand it, period!!
 6th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
Most annoying commercial I've ever had the displeasure of seeing, I change channels every time just to not hear or see it.
 10th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
Worst problem about these Dragon commercials is this: Go to Start/Programs/Accessories/Ease of Access/Windows Speech Recognition.

Windows has had a built in Speech recognition for years. Try to install Dragon. If you don't have all the required software, it will not install. The Windows version works fine.

The new blond is at least presentable. The writer slouched on her couch has dark eyes that look like death warmed over. The student NEEDS to learn to use a keyboard if he wants to ever get a decent job.

Glad I have a MUTE button.
 11th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
The commercial sucks and the girl in the new commercials looks like a fucking alien but dragon isn't going anywhere.. You know Siri.. On your iPhones... That's dragon.. -.- fml
 12th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
Too bad the company does not read the complaints. I will never buy the product because of the commercials...and I thought it was a good product until that time.
I also am considering dropping DISH NETWORK for allowing these commercials to run...but I figure both cable and Direct TV do the same thing.
There has to be a better way to fleece consumers.
 12th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
OMG
I file a complaint about Dragon and GUESS WHAT...they are advertising on the same complaint board!!
So please tell me how you can maintain you objectivity???
What BULL!!!