logo

Afremov.com
SCAM
3. (9 mins ago)
LG Electronics USA
Warn your friends and family
4. (11 mins ago)

Dooney and Bourke
1 Regent Street
Norwalk, Connecticut
Phone: 203-853-7515
I have loved Dooney and Bourke for about ten years now. Normally I buy two (2) purses a year and if I'm luck get one for a present. I've been seriously considering setting up a small business selling Dooney and Bourke's disposal items. These would be items that can not qualify for "top line", many times they are called "seconds"

I called customer service asking if I could buy any asset disposal items, seconds, etc in a bulk amount. I was told to call 203-853-7515. I called there and spoke to the representative that answered. She told me they have no asset disposal department but that "PHIL" could help me.

I left a message on 09/22, 09/26, 10/20, 11/24 and 11/25. When I called the first two (2) times I left detailed messages. After that I just asked my call be returned.

I was delighted today (11/25) when I received a call from Dooney and Bourke. The man identified himself as Philip Kinsley. When I heard this name I was shocked because I knew this was the Vice President of the company!!!

I explained I loved their product and was a huge fan. His response was, "Yes, what did you want when you called?"

I explained what I wanted to do. Mr. Kinsley said, "I have no intention of selling you anything. You are a complete idiot and a waste of time. Next time you leave someone a message say why you are calling. If you had, I wouldn't have bothered to call you back and waste my time." He then hung up on me.

I must admit that I was taken by surprise. Dooney and Bourke is over a 6.5 million dollar business because of people like me that love their product. I pay this man's salary! I enable his company to employ over a hundred people.

I gave this much thought. It saddens me but I will never buy or recommend another Dooney and Bourke product. In today's market there are to many other companies out there that want and appreciate my business. Dooney and Bourke have many competitors that would be happy to have my money.

I hope anyone considering to purchase a Dooney and Bourke product reconsider and invest their money in a more customer appreciated competitor.

Thanks!

Recommended:
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Miamieeuu +1 Votes
Dooney & Bourke have ripped many customers. My $250 purse turned yellow after only 3 or 4 times that I used it. It wa always kept in the closet. I wish they go out of business. Dont Buy their Products.. bad quality!
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   H.S JOHNSON +1 Votes
I HAVE ADOONEY BOURKE MY HUSBAND BOUGHT ME AND IT HAS BEEN CARRIED VERY LITTLE AND IS COMING APART AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE HAND BAG . DO YOU HANDLE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM?? H.S JOHNSON 704=873=8145 THANK YOU
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   H.S JOHNSON +1 Votes
COMMENT IS ABOVE
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Miamieeuu 0 Votes
I wish to help you but were are both out of luck :(
 26th of Jul, 2011 by   dooneystinks 0 Votes
I won't ever buy Dooney again. I have a huge purse collection. I use each bag for about 1 week a year. I now have 2 coated cotton Dooney bags that have bubbles all over them and Dooney refuses to stand behind them. Those that think Dooney stands behind their bags, obviously haven't ever had a problem. The first bag was about 3 years old when I contacted Dooney cs. They had me mail it in, at my own expense. Of course they "couldn't fix" the bag and offered me a credit that was half the bags value. Which I could have accepted. Had then not required I spend that same amount as well. I had just bought a $300 bag. I didn't want to spend anything right now. So I had the now piece of trash, sent back to me. Now this summer, I pull out my Miami bag to not only find it full of bubbles, but also discolored. It was once black, it is now gray. My mother noticed immediately. So I am not just being nitpicky. I emailed Dooney and got the same generic response. I called Dooney and demanded a supervisor. basically the deal is if your bag was purchased more than 1 year ago, doesn't matter if you only used it one day, they do not stand behind it. They did not care they were losing a customer, they did not care they are selling defective bags. Therefore I say to you all don't buy Dooney, unless you plan to beat the heck out of it in the first year, and then you will feel you got your moneys worth. So disappointing!
 30th of Nov, 2012 by   dpastor 0 Votes
STINGY RETURNS POLICY

I ordered a Mens Watch from the company with which I was quite happy for several months. I then misplaced my watch and ordered a replacement watch. About a week after my replacement watch had arrived, I found the original watch and returned the replacement watch to Dooney & Bourke.The Returns Department (the woman said her name was "Shanel") refused to credit my account and made me wait for extended periods on the phone only to be told that the watch has been worn and nothing can be done.

I am left with two identical watches both in mint condition.I hope the company feels that permanently losing a customer is worth the $145 value of the watch. I don't plan to spend any more of my money with the company after this extremely irritating experience.
 1st of Jun, 2013 by   uhb1 0 Votes
I got a satchel hydrangea collection ( pink and white) for my birthday. I was so happy and excited to use my fancy bag( I haven't got any expensive bags before though). I used it for 2 days, and I found out that it had a lot of black stain on it. I was very careful and didn't put it on any dirty place either! So I really don't understand what they talk about their products are well treated ???? and good quality????I went on to the company website and followed their instruction try to clean it but it didn't work. finally I called the company customer service, the lady talked so mean when I explained the situation to her. she just said if I followed the cleaning care instruction but the stains didn't come off, it was my fault and it was not under warranty. What a rip- off! I was very upset with their customer service! I wouldn't recommend anyone buy any those bags. It's not worth it!
 26th of Jul, 2013 by   Beamergirl 0 Votes
I got a Florentine leather satchel as a gift. It was sitting unused for a year. I finally decided to use it. I used it for six months of and on. One day getting home from work I noticed one of the rivets was missing. I can no longer use my D&B handbag that I loved so much.
I emailed their customer service and didn't near from them.
So here I am stuck with something that is useless.

How to Avoid Grocery Scams