logo

Bank Of Africa
Bennedict Joseph
2. (3 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
3. (6 mins ago)
Bovada Poker is so rigged

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

dollar general reloadable visa, Sagatuck/ Douglas, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it!

dollar general reloadable visa Contacts & Informations

dollar general reloadable visa

Posted:    Morgan Cyrus

never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it!

dollar general
3465 Blue Star Hwy /Store #05826
Sagatuck/ Douglas, Michigan
Phone: 615-855-5734
dollargeneral.com
Well first i payed for gift card 20.00 then you apply for reloadable card and you put money on it for me it was 70.00 for internet purchases smart right! dollar general took money but later took no responcablity for the so called visa card that they have put there name on as well as visa for the theft i have tryed for 2 months now and over 500 min. of phone time and there store could not even after repeated trying to get this Meta bank or money network you can even try it www.everywherepay.com or 1-866-387-5146 my card # 4750 2490 0004 4039 reload code 5045138311 my name on card is morgan cyrus valid thru 11/12 on back of card last 4 digits 4039 and code # 992 last 4 digits of my soc. 3607 Store no# 05826 phone i puchased card from and have receipt for purchase from 1-269-857-5186 i told them hey you can have your card back i just want my money back after they could not get it to work they told me no not there problem do i have to get police report and sue them in court my email address cyrus_morgan@yahoo.com
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jan, 2010 by   mrnd5 0 Votes
Reloadable bank cards are all bad. Make a complaint to the Attorney General in your state. Write to your US Senator. Don't let more people have this happen to them. They are only doing this because they have a strong lobby working for them so they can be rude to you because they can and they know this.

Bank reform is needed yesterday! Please help to get these changes now for the future so that this cannot happen to another person. Act now, but write to the correct people. Do not just stop here after you have vented once. Write a letter to someone who will make a change that will help the person who follows you.

Thanks from a fellow American Citizen.
Also look at Dodd's speech at the right of this page!!!
 27th of Mar, 2011 by   frustratedwithdebit 0 Votes
I know exactly how you feel Morgan. I purchased one of these cards also to do some internet buying, mainly because I dont like using my debit thru checking because of fraud these days. I have a reloadable card thru Walmart and have been very happy with it, but the closest Walmart is 30 minutes away, so I thought i would get one from the Dollar General in my town. My money got put on my card at the store, but I cannot use any of the money until I send them a copy of my social security card and drivers license. When I called in to see why I couldnt use my card not one of the 5 people I talked to spoke very good english. When I told them that I didnt feel comfortable sending that information, they said that the only way to get my money back was to send those documents then they could either release the hold, or I could close out my account for an $8 charge to my card. I plan to contact my Attorney General's office, Senator, and a letter to the editor in my hometown paper to warn people against the scam they have going. I am also going to contact Dollar General Headquarters to let them know about the incident. I wouldnt think that they would want their name associated with this scam company.
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   rickiesue333 0 Votes
I just bought this card & put $20.00 on it. I called to activate it & after the operator (who I could barely hear or understand) told me it was activated & ready to use, she hung up. She didn't ask me to register it or get any personal info so that I could get my reloadable card. So I tried to call back & can't get a live person or find a way to register it. Finally got the website (1st time I tried it said the website was no longer good) and when I tried to access my account it said my date of birth was invalid. WHAT? Then I just found this complaint website & now I'm wishing I hadn't bought this card. I'm going to try to make a purchase & I'll let ya'll know what happens. I'm going to be LIVID if I lose my money! I am on disability & $20 is ALOT of money to me!
 18th of Aug, 2011 by   lagal 0 Votes
I go in the Dollar general in my town and buy a reloadable card and put money on it and it is right there on the card when I walk out...maybe your dollar general store is not putting the money om...
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   TB queenb60 0 Votes
I have a reloadable visa from Dollar General.Until this past week I have never had a problem.Last week I bought a reload tag.I loaded it to my card.This week somehow it got reversed off my card and I cant find anyone that can explain it.When I give a merchant cash money how can they possibly take that money back legally.I just want to know how that can be done.Now my card has a negative balance.I wonder what they think they can do to me for a negative balance when I cant do anything because they reversed my deposit.Someone help me find the right person to contact please.I have also tried to get something out of Dollar General corporation but cant get a proper response.They just give me the run around.
Oct 22 2011 queenb60
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   Cntrycwgirl 0 Votes
Beware of Pre-pay Debit cards (nFinanse).. They looks harmless on the outside but they DEMAND your Social Security Number to activate or place money on the PRE PAID Account.. Dollar General will not do anything and Attorney General believes they should offer other forms of identification security. I do not give my SSN to noone I can not see or verify..
Scary stuff :*%
 10th of Feb, 2012 by   GStray 0 Votes
After using several other prepaid debt cards I have to say I am most pleased with Dollar Generals Visa. I have no complaints at all. It is convenient and practical. I follow their instructions and they do what they say they will do. Prepaid cards of this type are actually the same as regular checking accounts, but the bank is somewhere else and you communicate with them by phone or internet. I even write checks from my Dollar General (MetaBank) account w/o problems. The only advise I can offer is to read all the literature accompanying the card and double check your transaction at the cashier before leaving the DG store.
 12th of Jul, 2012 by   glenda88 0 Votes
i bought a dollar general prepaisd card and i hae gotten my card with my name on it my problem is i went to dollar general here in my town for a reload card for 2 weeks they havent had one.then today i went to the next town which is35 miles away to get one and they didnt have one either. what good is the card if i cant reload it. i didnt know i was going to have a problem with it and i gave a company the card so theycould take a payment from it now i cant reload it so its going to cost me an extraa 25.00
 25th of Oct, 2012 by   Maroney L. 0 Votes
I have had a Dollar General Visa for almost 3 years now. We got have to a rocky start, but after that I have been very pleased with this card. I have used the direct deposit, the checks, over the net, check my balance online regularly (and I especially love the $ 1.95 maintence fee -THAT"S THE ONLY FEE I RECEIVE). But the best part was being able to reload it at my local Dollar Store, that was until about 3 weeks ago when they decided NOT to carry the reload cards. That leaves me with one option, the local Western Union. I live in a very small town, Western Union closes at 7:00 pm (6:00pm on Sunday) and cost me an additional $1 more than the Dollar General reload cards(which were available till 10:00 pm 7 days a week). BUT THEY STILL CARRY OTHER COMPANY'S RELOAD CARDS BUT DO NOT CARRY THEIR OWN. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE.
 24th of Jun, 2013 by   CM1961 0 Votes
The dollar general preload card is the WORSE i`ve ever had the misfortune to have!!! Whats wrong with this picture??? I go in there store and purchase a service pack card and 2 preloads cards.; total $150.00 dollars everything was fine until i got home and scratched off the cards and tried to load them, it didnt work wouldn`t do it over the phone said the card wasn`t valid. SO i go back to DG and (we have 3 in our town) and every service pack they swiped thru the cash regrister it kicked it back out as DECLINED! "they can`t do anything ALWAYS there reply. So i made it a mission to get another from one of there stores, I went to six indiffernt " stores in our county in 6 other towns AND like the store where i live; it kicked all of them out of the register as DECLINED! Now I` m wondering what to do next and happen to remember a friend of the family is a truck driver, AH i ask if he would stop in another state (I live in Alabama) and pick me up a service plan thru DG ? yes he said; i thought my problem was over, NOT! he has stopped in 4 other states 4 STATES already; and you guessed it DECLINED! but here is the good part people, The DAMN store `s I SAID STORES! are still selling the preload cards!!! So you tell me who is the F_______g thiefs here there selling the loads for these cards but not the cards! I`m really pissed off about this and the fact these (DG) STORE is nothing but a bunch of crooks. I want my HARD EARNED MONEY BACK! If there`s someone reading this that can help i would really appreciate it PLEASE. The store just DON~T have time to get your money back. But they SURE have time to take it! any info about this matter would be appreciated. Carol email me with any info. c-monroe@att.net Thanks
 8th of Feb, 2014 by   eleveno10 0 Votes
I PURCHASED A RELOADABLE DEBIT CARD FROM A DOLLAR GENERAL STORE IN BOYD, TEXAS. ON THE FRONT OF THE RELOAD CARD IT STATES, IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ACTIVE RELOADABLE CARD WITH YOUR NAME ON IT, YOU CAN PURCHASE THIS TAG TO RELOAD YOUR CARD. I PURCHASED ONE AND ADDED $400.00 TO IT.IT DIDNT STATE IT WAS ONLY FOR DOLLAR GENERAL VISA RELOAD CARDS. SO I THOUGT ALL I HAD TO DO IS GET MYSELF ONE OF THESE KIND OF CARDS AND LOAD MY $400.00 ON TO IT. I COULDNT FIND A STORE THAT HAD THEM.I WAS TOLD THE CARDS WERE NO LONGER VALID.ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR AND IM STILL OUT $400.00. DONT TRUST THEM. THEY STOLED MY HARD MONEY FROM ME.I GUESS YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THEM. ELEVENELEVENO@YAHOO.COM

Preparing Your Home for Winter