logo

Posted: 2012-10-14 by    mfries

directv

directv
Columbus, Ohio
I lost my job and directv's signal was horrible, and they were charging me for a movie channel which i sure as hell called to cancel before the free trial ended. I was told that the signal strength was something a tech needed to come out and look at before it was a reason to cancel, which they did send someone out. The movie channel was not cancelled so for about 6 months now I have been getting charged 12.99 for a channel I did not know I was getting, but it was not posted to my account so no refund could be given. THIS IS NOT MY FAULT- just because the agent I spoke to at that time does not make it my fault, they did not care that I pointed this out.
Never go with this company, cable companies my be a bit expensive and annoying to deal with, but i think they all are but atleast you are not locked into a 2 year deal and to cancel have to pay for all 24 months.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jul, 2009 by   SFulbright 0 Votes
After three of Directv's DVR receivers went bad, Directv FINALLY agreed to send a technician to our home to replace the bad (refurbished) DVR unit with a new one. Keep in mind that we had already gotten the lecture on how we have to pay $5.99 or something like that EXTRA a month for a service plan (to pay them to fix THEIR faulty equipment...) or be charged $49.95 each time a technician is required to come out. I vehemently opposed the charge as this was the THIRD receiver we were sent in one months time that didn't work. They (Directv) agreed that since we were only into 5 days of yet another DVR receiver that they would eat the $49.95 THIS TIME ONLY. I agreed to allow the technician to come to our house. When the tech arrived (from Ironwood Communications) he replaced the old with the new, talked with my husband about the repeat problems with the refurbished units, the tech called the supervisor at Directv and reitterated to him the fact that there was NO fault on our end for the repeat problems. The tech then handed my husband the phone who spoke with the Directv supervisor, and was assured that NO charge for the service call would be applied to our billing. Well, as you can already surmise, of COURSE we were billed the service call. When I spoke with 5, yes 5 representatives from Directv, I was repeatedly told that the tech had entered NO communication (or notes) into the system and that I would have to pay the charges. I FINALLY, after numerous attempts to find someone with intelligence that worked for Directv, located a "supervisor" who was able to remove the charge from my account, "but only this one time". The supervisor was patient, which was remarkable due to my extreme ANGER by this time. Moral of the story... Directv has NO idea who they send to your house, Directv will NOT stand by their promises, and Directv does NOT keep track of the reputation of sub-companies used for technical support. Note to you... BE SURE TO GET THE NAME OF THE PERSON WHO COMES TO YOUR HOUSE, THE LOCATION OF HIS/HER OFFICE, A BADGE NUMBER OR IDENTIFIER, THE NAME OF THEIR SUPERVISOR, AND THE NAME OF THE REPRESENTATIVE FROM DIRECTV THAT CONTACTED THEIR COMPANY FOR REFERRAL!!! I cant believe that Directv cannot supply the name of the technician that THEY send to my house. Poor. Scary. Unprofessional. Sad.
 7th of Dec, 2011 by   bluez 0 Votes
Please people, never use direcTV!
I managed to gain a since of composure in order to write this article, however I'm still pretty tense about the situation.
Basically, direcTV stole my money..everything I had off of my card. The worst part of it is that I never used their services before, I only authorized DirecTV to charge my card ONCE for my mother, and I guess she had problems with them so they charge my card. I don't believe this. Please people...don't use their services! It's just not worth your composure.

5 Options for Students Struggling with Loans