logo

Knowledge Source
Scammers; Jon Giann and Dymphna Boholt
2. (1 hr 33 mins ago)
Mbi - Probiller.com
Charged me monthly for something I don’t know.
3. (1 hr 48 mins ago)
Fisher & Paykel DCS 5 burner stove
Defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced!
4. (2 hrs 4 mins ago)
Cash For Iphones
Awful Experience!!
5. (2 hrs 5 mins ago)
Associates in Opthalmology - Dr. Daniel Zimmer
Don't Let Dr. Dan Zimmer Near Your Eyes!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Prize Scam

DirectBuy
21222 30th Dr SE C120
Bothell, Washington
I received a phone call from a marketing agency representing DirectBuy sweepstakes claiming I had won 1 of 4 prizes, one of which was valued at $50K, and had also been guaranteed two airline tickets to anywhere in the US and a $100 dining gift card. I followed through with the offer, and told the salesman at DirectBuy I would not be joining there club before he started his sales presentation. He asked me to step out of the presentation. I was then asked about this by another sales person and I explained why I was there. DirectBuy then brought out a woman who claimed she was the owner who then started yelling at my wife and I that we had mistreated the staff and she was going to call the police. My wife and I left. DirectBuy is a scam and treat you like garbage. Turns out there actually was no prizes. What a shame, never do business with DirectBuy.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Apr, 2012 by   Complainer222 0 Votes
I received a phone call from a marketing agency representing DirectBuy sweepstakes claiming I had won 1 of 4 prizes, one of which was valued at $50K, and had also been guaranteed two airline tickets to anywhere in the US and a $100 dining gift card. I followed through with the offer, and told the salesman at DirectBuy I would not be joining there club before he started his sales presentation. He asked me to step out of the presentation. I was then asked about this by another sales person and I explained why I was there. DirectBuy then brought out a woman who claimed she was the owner who then started yelling at my wife and I that we had mistreated the staff and she was going to call the police. My wife and I left. What a shame, there was no prizes. DirectBuy treats people like garbage, never do business with DirectBuy.
 27th of Apr, 2012 by   Complainer222 0 Votes
I received a phone call from a marketing agency representing DirectBuy sweepstakes claiming I had won 1 of 4 prizes, one of which was valued at $50K, and had also been guaranteed two airline tickets to anywhere in the US and a $100 dining gift card. I followed through with the offer, and told the salesman at DirectBuy I would not be joining there club before he started his sales presentation. He asked me to step out of the presentation. I was then asked about this by another sales person and I explained why I was there. DirectBuy then brought out a woman who claimed she was the owner who then started yelling at my wife and I that we had mistreated the staff and she was going to call the police. My wife and I left. What a scam. DirectBuy treats you like garbage. No one should do business with DirectBuy.
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   Lark6 0 Votes
I bought a membership to the Olympia store, and I asked the salesman before we signed that if they closed this store would I get a refund (over 3K spent on membership) and he assured me that wouldn't happen (yeah...verbal means nothing), and besides I'd have the Kent store to go to. 3 months later both the Olympia and Kent stores were closed. I tried ordering online, but their website didn't carry the brands/items I had been looking at in the store. I called the Bothell store but they were so backed up it took 4 days for a return call from them to help me, then find out each store can carry different brands and vendor items...the one I had seen and wanted wasn't available. It was carried in both Home Depot and Lowes, so that is where I ended up. This is such a rip off...and of course they laugh at the suggestion of a refund! Don't waste your money on this outfit...sleazy snake oil salesman. I should have known better.

Things You Buy You Should Get Free