logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Countryclub
Cheating is moto for country club
2. (13 mins ago)
Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Direct TV, Robbins, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - How to contact corp office

Direct TV Contacts & Informations

Direct TV

Posted:    Be A Smart Consumre

How to contact corp office

Robbins, North Carolina
Don't just complain on this web site. Direct TV is ridiculous. Complain on the regular 800# and they will tell you that you CANNOT have corporate office contacts and phone numbers. You CAN.

Mr. Chase Carey, President & CEO
2230 East Imperial Highway
El Secundo CA 90245
(310) 964-5000. Ask for Mr Carey's office.

Second - DON"T EVER GIVE UP FIGHTING THESE BUGGERS. That's just what they want you to do. In fact, the MINUTE you know you're being screwed - don't take it out on the poor hourly person - find the Head of Medusa, er, the CEO's name on the internet somewhere. Call them. Give THEM a piece of your mind. They don't want to hear it AND have the POWER to correct it.

If not satisfied, call your State Attorney General's Office and file a complaint. (Make sure you tell Mr. Carey's "office" that you in the process of doing so.)

Record the name and ID # of every employee you talk to. Insist they give it to you. Keep a log. Demand a discount or credit.

Find any and every public complaint board and voice your complaint. Call Mr Carey's office and tell them about it.

I've had many, many issues in my 9 month relationship with Direct TV. Their business model is to keep you from resolving your problems.

Once, I did get a credit for $60. Here's how: I waited until five minutes before the call center closed for the day (12:55am, thank you very much on a work night). Most of the regular employees will be logging off. With luck, the manager (whom you are NEVER permitted to speak to) may just pick up the phone. He did. He had the power to issue me a credit. I was very nice. I said, "Please, have mercy on me." He felt sorry for me. He's probably been fired by now, so good luck.

Today, the tech they had to send (at their cost) came to install a "newer" dish. Didn't need it, thanks to total miscommunication on their part. However, he told me the internet dish had been installed on a too-small pole. He could wiggle it an inch in any direction. Thanks to him, I now understood that my constant connection problems were not related to the "fair access" policy (where they slow your connection down if you use the internet too much) but to DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT.

I am very appreciative that he showed me (at his own risk) what was really going on. I called them back and said I wanted the correct equipment installed at no cost. No, they want to charge me about $150 to fix their problem because I didn't report it during the first 90 days. Yeah, I'm so qualified to inspect satelite dishes. I said absolutely no. They argued. I again asked for a manager. No. I asked for corporate contact info. No. Fine, I went on this site, got Carey's info and called his office.

I was assured that employees are permitted to give out the CEO's contact info. Bullshit. These poor employees are as abused as the customers. Anyway, I took a hard line with the very nice person I reached. So, there will be no fee for the repair. I am working on getting some small credit for the past nine months of crappy access. She assures me she will do this once the repair is completed. I said, I hope so because I'm NOT giving up.

I told her about this site. We'll see.

Upshot: so many large corporations design their customer service system so that you cannot talk to management. Call center employees make low wages and have to listen to apoplectic customers who are being driven mad by the company. So, we get shit on and the employees get shit on. The company reaps the profits and generously share it up at the customer-proof top levels. It's a sick cycle and just further proof that greed is the underlying motivation today. Immoral, unethical, uncaring GREEDY bastards rule this country. I'm sick to my stomach that these are my own generation. Fair play and compassion for others is rarely exhibited any more.

So, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. Post your tricks - lets share and let these bastards try to stop us!!!
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Dec, 2009 by   Lisa Kingsleys 0 Votes
FYI - it does not help calling Mr. Carey' office, he is no longer employeed by Directv! I called the # above hoping so very badly to be able to reach someone that is actually human and would even attempt to be of assistance to me. Spoke with a guy named Jerry and he had the same pre-programmed responses that every other Directv employee has for my situation. "We are sorry you are being charged almost 800.00 for only having our service for 8 days, but you did agree to keep our service for 24 months"!
Seriously, this is like the worst nightmare I've ever had in my life!
I may be only one little consumer out there, but I've now talked to more than my fair share of Directv persons trying to get resolution, and my bank is also disputing the charges for me, and I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, NEXT step, taking them to Small Claims Court! I want a Directv representative to stand in front of a Judge with these insaine responses that I've been getting and see how the Judge reacts! I also know that if they do not appear in court that the judgment goes in my favor! And all I'm asking for is the money that Directv stole from me, nothing more. Well, that and maybe an appology for putting me thru all of this insainity!
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   JohnnyRayB 0 Votes
worked for POST office 35 years, rep told me that I did not know what I was talking about that any letter in the US takes 7 to 10 days to anywhere. Tried to correct them and she still argued with me that I could ask anyone, it was common knowledge that it took this long. I explained that a letter sent from Tucson to Phoenix gets there over night but she would have none of it, she knew better than someone who has worked there and knew exalctly what it takes because she says so. God help me I have never encountered such stupidity! Place is run by Morons.
 26th of Dec, 2010 by   RCLINE42 0 Votes
I"AM A SUB CONTRACTOR FOR DTV AND I CAN NOT GET PAID FOR MY INSTALLS WHO CAN HELP

RON CLINE
 26th of Dec, 2010 by   RCLINE42 0 Votes
I"AM A SUB CONTRACTOR FOR DTV AND CANT GET PAID FOR MY INSTALLS OR SERVICE CALLS AND WHEN I COMPLAINED I GOT FIRED CAN ANY ONE HELP

RON CLINE