logo

Supra Cleanse 350
Company charged me for $99.99 without my notice
3. (20 mins ago)
Optimal Hosting Ltd
They didn’t create the website and no refund was provided
4. (30 mins ago)

Toronto, Ontario
Canada
Phone: 1-800-266-3939
www.directenergy.com
From my experience, I would not recommend that anybody signs up with the Direct Energy "Plumbing Protection" Plan. Read their agreements very carefully. They are setup to leave the individual with no rights. They insert wording in the contract to deny coverage if there is any doubt about anything. They have changed their original plan so that they no longer cover a whole lot. They used to cover faucets, now they don't. They still cover pipes, but unless they freeze, they are not likely to break. Chances are you will never really need this plan.

If you sign up for a 1 year term, at the end of that year, if you fail to give them notice within their 10 day window, they will automatically renew your contract locking you in for yet another year! But this is not what I'm complaining about. My complaint is about their coverage. The agreement states it covers "stop valves" within "the confines of the permanent foundation of your residence ". I've had nothing but problems since their "expert" plumber says that main shut-off by the meter is not a 'stop valve'. I've done research and found definitions that say otherwise, looked through a number of plumbing websites that show otherwise, and I've spoken to three other plumbers that say the main shut off is a stop valve. I've called the company asking to escalate this but they only take the word of their own plumber. They could care less. They take your money and laugh all the way to the bank. This isn't right and it needs to stop. One individual won't do much against them, but many will. I'm going to contact the BBB and go to websites like these and let as many people know as I possibly can. You can email them to complain directly at "ExecutiveSupport at directenergy dot com".

Definitely think twice before signing up with them. My contract is coming up for renewal soon and I will be letting them know that I won't be renewing or signing up with them for anything ever again. I'm considering buying my water heater outright as well. I want nothing to do with them!
Comments Canada Plumbing Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Auto Repair Scam (Funny)