Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Direct Energy Contacts & Informations

Direct Energy

Posted:

Multiple, repeat telemarketing

Despite responding politely to the first three calls from Direct Energy's telemarketer's that I was already in an energy plan and was not interested in dealing with their company, they have phoned another half dozen times and (apparently!) will not remove my number from their call list.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Canada Complaint category Unsolicited Phone Calls
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Direct Energy sends out telemarketers who come to you doors claiming that they're part of Enbridge and that there are updates that must be done, and in order to do that you must show them your bills so it could take effect on your next bill. If they're really part of Enbridge, would they not already have all your biling information on their system? This is serious fraud and there is no customer protection unfortunately. So we as customer really have to be cautious about our privacy information.
 16th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
A few minutes ago someone came to my house telling me that I could get a free water heater upgrade. All I had to do was go downstairs and get the model number (serial number) for her. I was so irritated I did not confirm that she worked for Direct Energy but I would be prepared to bet a sizable amount of money on it (and I don't gamble.) This seems to be a variation of their other scam that they want to make sure I get some discount or another.

Fake Designer Handbag Scam