logo

UVOCORP
scammer
2. (10 mins ago)
PLDT / PHONE+DSL INSTALLATION
Failed to install on promised date
3. (27 mins ago)

Avant!
60695-0001
Chicago, Illinois
Phone: n/a
This conappeared on my desktop mysteriously about a year ago, suspect it may have been installed by superGeeks which was rrepairing my computer at the time. each time i used computer thereafter a pop-up would advise me that Avant! had updated my virus control. A week or so ago they put up a green alert that I had a fee to pay them to renew and asked for myu credit card #. I said I'd pay by check if they would provide their mailing addressd. did not receive. Terminated the service. Frankly, I don't know what they did or how they got on my system for sure, but am now suspicious and reluctant to release card #. Googled them, got this link, saw complaints, and am curious to know if they are a scam r did provide a service. I never have paid thm from the start because I didn't know anything about them. Are they legit?
Please respond to
Patrick davis
davisp004@hawaii.rr.com.
P.Davis
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Jan, 2010 by   itsmekp4life 0 Votes
This virus protection was attached to one of my USB Flash Drives. I'm not too sure if they are legit or not because the company that sends the product is called Digital River GnbH located in Germany with an office in Chicago, IL. I've used it on my flash as well as my computer. They are now telling me that my scanner is about to expire. Now I'm not too sure if I would want to keep them or go with McAfee. Follow your gut.
 6th of Feb, 2010 by   figg 0 Votes