logo

MaSon
Dating
3. (6 mins ago)
ArcTrading
Don’t invest and deal with these criminals
4. (20 mins ago)

Latest Questions

DHL, New York Complaints & Reviews - Failed delivery

DHL Contacts & Informations

DHL

Posted: 2012-11-08 by    PaulC.

Failed delivery

DHL Woodside NY
New York
DHL New York. During the snow storm a day ago, I waited in front of our building lobby from 5pm to 630pm to ensure that when DHL comes I will be able to receive my shipment.
Around 606pm the same night, while I was waiting, I received a failed delivery notice stating that "Delivery attempted; recipient not home." I immediately called DHL customer support about the matter since I was literally standing in front of the lobby. The size of the lobby was not that big (as in 3 meters x 5 meters and the entrance door leading to the door bell was no wider than 3 meters x 2 meters approx.)
The DHL supervisor called me the following day stating that he believes what his driver told him that there was an attempted delivery made and that a notice was even posted where the door bell was.
A simple apology from DHL due to the undelivered shipment due to the snow storm should have been sufficient and no other excuses.
The building super intendent was also plowing the snow in front of the building the entire time and no DHL ever approached him as well.

I had to rent a car to get my shipment from DHL facility in Woodside NY due to lost of confidence and trust with DHL.
Note: A simple apology …is that too hard to make?
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Sep, 2008 by   E Tan 0 Votes
I Bought an Halogen Oven from JML Who unfortunately uses DHL for delivery.

First attempt to deliver, could not find my house, although I have given my FULL address to JML. The post office and other deliveries have been made without problems.

Next day, second attempt, not turned up, according to the DHL tracking website, he has been and no answer and have left a card. Door bell working and not sounded, no card left, clearly this idiot has attempted to deliver my oven to the wrong address. I will never use DHL again nor will I buy from any company which uses them as delivery.

Because of this pathetic driver, JML lost me as a customer, I cancelled my order, and I am not getting my oven. I have taken 2 days off work for this.
 11th of Sep, 2008 by   E Tan 0 Votes
I Bought an Halogen Oven from JML Who unfortunately uses DHL for delivery.

29th of Jul, 2009 by   Adrian_man 0 Votes
Unbelieveable!
I am experiencing the same thing at the moment.
I bought goods from Direct Sports and they have been handed to Ashton Home Delivery apparently on behalf of DHL. I have been tracking my parcel for two days now and they have given all sorts of wrong information on the tracking page. They claim to have been here and nobody was at home, and today they claim that no one was at home to receive a card. First off, I took two days off work to make sure that someone would be at home to receive the parcel, so I have been at home all the time. Secondly, said card are usually left in your latter box even if there's no one at home.
The service leaves a lot to be desired and I am not operating with DHL or any company that uses DHL services.
a disgrace indeed!
 8th of Nov, 2012 by   PaulC. 0 Votes

Note: A simple apology …is that too hard to make?
 8th of Nov, 2012 by   PaulC. 0 Votes
Note that the failed delivery message was through email notification.

5 Tips on Finding a Reliable Automobile Repair Shop