logo

1. (0 mins ago)
Ukessays.com
Fraudulent website, stay away
2. (25 mins ago)
super ketone plus aloe ferox cleanse
raspberry ketones

Posted:    Paris121

Scammed

Data Line One
datalineone.com
I, too, was scammed by this company. I mailed out 200 letters on September 5 and have not received one response. I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska and also contact these people asking them to credit my Visa card. Whatever you do, remember to make copies of any complaint letters you send out.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Mr. Common Sense Dude -1 Votes
What did you think was going to happen when when you decided to do that "Put me on your mailing list" chain letter pyramid scam? Did you actually think that you were going to make $800, 000 by investing about $100 in postage and copying fees? There's no such thing as legal easy money and I'm sure that DataLineOne.com has sold the same names and addreses that they sold to you to several hundred other people. Just be happy that you are only out $100 or so instead of looking at a jail sentence or a fine for doing something illegal. Next time use some common sense and throw your chain letter in the trash just like all the people you sent the chain letter to did.
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   AM I JUST SANE? 0 Votes
ok so Ive received this same "offer letter". Sure I WANT it to be even half true... but heres the thing... the letter I received was from the name listed in the #3 spot. WOuldnt it only be from the #6 person??? Also - whats to keep me honest and sending these 6 people $1. Why wouldnt I just send out the letter with my name in #6 and maybe my wife on #5, my Brother in #4 etc... Am I out of my mind here? What am I missing when I read "Please add me to your mailing list" with the "letters" - WHAT the F- am I actually adding them to? They are already on Datalineone's list no? Im not supposed to mail them anything else am I? So isnt that illegal then? I know nothing about law - but isnt that just wrong to do? (keep in mind that each of these people KNOW damn well Im not supposed to send them anything further) still I just dont get this... OH and why do I have to use their lead mailing list services? DID I MISS SOMETHING HERE OR AM I JUST SANE.
 15th of May, 2011 by   henry john 0 Votes
It will work. Good thinking. Be positive with this people' Just read as it say and add your name on the list. It only work if you apply yourself to it. Just like you pay tax. Less all join hands help each other. I my self sending all my letters in. Better than buy drugs . Henry John.
 1st of Jul, 2011 by   dlsg 0 Votes
I'm not mad that they scammed you so much... I'm mad that they SOLD my information to someone like you. As long as there are people who think they can become rich without working but paying money for the opportunity... there will be companies like this one who will milk them for all they are worth. There site says to e-mail them to get off there list (and by the way, I've never replied to get rich quick deals that were supposed to put me on the list in the first place), but I don't want the spam e-mails that are sure to follow.
 5th of Oct, 2011 by   Entraprenuer data weekly 0 Votes
My question is where do they get our names and addresses fromfor stuff like this? But when I read this I thought it was pretty good thought out plan. Everyone sending each other a helping hand, like recyclying dollars. Yes it is a pyramid you cant miss that picture, but is a good pyramid. I feel that if everyone would stop always thinking scam and just give a try and keep a flow of it to actually see if it could work, just dont send out all 200 at once what about 5 or 10 just to see what bites. But for those who got burned on it, the problem in the whole thing is that the people that they sent the letters out to is thinking about it in a negative way. It is just like donating to your community to people that needs the help. I was gonna do this to donate to the non-profits around here or open up my own non-profit business. But if this is a waist of time I might as well not waist my money which I really don't have to just throw away on something no-one believes in that might or could work. I see that in some of your complaints you say that this service is not legal. But in my letter they took the initiaive to put a law clause in it saying to refer to Title 18, Sec 1302 and 1341 of the US Postal and Lottery Laws. And by reading that it made pretty good since. This situation is somewhat like the lottery. If we can go and take the chance on buying a lottery ticket what are the winning odds 1 to 10 million. But some of you do make some very good points though.
 8th of Oct, 2011 by   iam4light1 +1 Votes
I received the same letter as above and thought since it was proven to work on Oprah and other shows that it was real. If you do the math and follow the letter exactly; then it should work. I guess I was despirate enough to try it hoping at least people would want to help each other out in this poor economy. So; I spent the last of my money for the month and sent out the 200 letters in September. To me its no different then donating a dollar to a charity (us). However, so far; I have received no dollar and 4 letters have returned to sender. I am sending them back to Dataline for the promised 7 new names for each one returned. I don't know if it will work or not; but I am hoping their will be others in that list that will think positive and we can all help each other out. I just took it on faith. Maybe there are some honest people out there? If not; then I have learned an expensive lesson. I hope not; as I am on disability and was hoping to bring some money in to pay our bills.
 15th of Oct, 2011 by   Ddddave +1 Votes
I received a letter yesterday and I am thinking about it. I am usually one to believe that easy money is a scam. I have no idea how they got my adress and name. So right now I'm making the choice to do my research on this before i try anything. Maybe even writing a letter to the person in the number one spot to get REAL and personal advice. Lets keep these comments coming and maybe we can actually help each other out in doing so.. For free.
 4th of Nov, 2011 by   kralyks -1 Votes
I just found this page doing a search on this company because I have received PILES of letters over the years addressed to completely fictional people at my BUSINESS ADDRESS. There is no chance that any of these fake names ever lived at this location, my business has been a restaurant since the 1930s!
Basically this company is selling you entirely made up names at real addresses. So you are wasting a stamp, and I am filling my recycle bin with chain letters.
DO NOT BUY ADDRESSES FROM THIS COMPANY!
 17th of Jun, 2012 by   mighty911 +1 Votes
I just like to say that you don't have to use this company. There are many mailing list companies out there. This letter works if you get it to people who want to help other people. Sure it is easy to believe that everyone is out to scam you and yes you can be a cheat and not send out the six dollars to the list of people (what goes around comes around) but if you are honest and you reach some honest people you can get a return on your investment. (even $400.00 is a big plus )It cost me $157.00 total to send out the 200 letters. (only $6.00 went to people on the list) What a savings to cheat 6 people out of a dollar each!!! Anyway I waste more than that on dumb crap every year. One other thing, the note you send with your dollar asking to be on a mailing list makes the dollar a business income to the receiver. The notes you receive make it your business income.
 23rd of Sep, 2012 by   dtoon 0 Votes
I believe this will work like a few of you are saying, we all just need to pull together. Im not too sure about using this mailing lister tho. There are other sites out there that provide this service and this one just seems a little sketchy. But hey.. it found all of us didnt it? I suggest in the letter that before you copy it you should rewrite it taking the site off for this datalineone.com. it builds too much skeptism. The whole idea is for all the people to come together as a whole. if anybody finds a decent site for free listings or even a cheap and actually legitimate looking website please post for others to see. by then i will have already shipped out my 200 letters on my quest to not being a financial slave to our government. We all have our reasons to get out of the debt that corporate america stuck us in. and unless you paid off your house, cars, credit cards etc... your a slave too. lets do this together.
 16th of Dec, 2012 by   solash 0 Votes
Hello... i just received this letter yesterday, same as all in this site I'm skeptical but maybe i will give a try, here is how i will do this, first i read datalineone is a scam, so how can i know which company about name and address is real? i have no idea, so i will look for my names in-white-pages.com... this is the directory of all the people in USA, yes i know datalineone offer address of people that wanna a work from home and whitepages.com is just a directory, BUT as the letter says 800, 000 dollars are only from 15 people right? so if i send 200 letter to 200 random people maybe 15 will send out the letter too, and to do this even more cheap, buy the envelopes in a dollar store, dollar tree or 99 offer 50 envelopes for 1 dollar, buy stamps in USPS.com or in the post office is the cheaper way, $4.00 envelopes, (4 boxes of 50 $1 dollar each), 200 stamps 0.45 cents each $90.00, send 1 dollar each in the list $6.00, 200 copies $20.00 Total $120.00 and not $210.00 as the letter says. and very I'mportant DELETE all the info about datalineone.com from the letter you send, because as i read and i think that site is a bull shit, okay i will give a try and i will post back, please guy do the same thanks.
 2nd of Feb, 2013 by   BusyBee124 0 Votes
I just received my letter last week. The first time I studied the information I put it down. Picked it up again and gave it some real thought. After reading it again a week had gone by then. So now I've read the information for the third time and it made some sense. I thought it was kinda corny to attach a "please add me to your mailing list" with a one dollar bill. Like who does that? Is this a magic formula for getting rich? LOL Just to humor myself I'm going to try it and see what happens. Afterall it's only six dollars that I would spend on a burger that I don't need. ;) The largest cost will be the postage stamps. Ordered my return address labels from vistaprint.com for a count of 420 address labels for 7.99 (discount). Will be getting my envelopes from Dollar Tree for $1.00 for 50. Still I don't know where to get the copies made. Maybe Staples? Oh don't forget to delete #1 and add your name as #6. I will be back to let you know how things are going.
 17th of Feb, 2013 by   keenobserver_ 0 Votes
Okay so I'm going to try it with all the advice that all of you have given! I'm so serious about this! I even wrote a to-do list and some notes. Okay everyone I've found the two most reputable and legitimate mailing list companies: experian.com and infousa.com. Check them out for yourselves, they're completely legit AND you can customize the mailing list by location, demographics, and/or household income! Very professional services here. I think I'm choosing infousa.com I'll edit the instructions to infousa.com and what to click. OMG, I'm so serious about this now it could really work. I'll definitely update you guys on how it's coming along and the results!
 25th of Mar, 2013 by   firstmate54 0 Votes
I also have received this letter of opportunity...and that's how I look at it...an opportunity to help increase others way of living just by sending a dollar because those dollars added up can be a blessing to those in need. I found it kind of interesting that this letter contained scripture from the Bible which I am familiar with, but I plan on changing the scripture at the end to read "You have not because you ask not;" (John 16:24), or "Ask and it will be given to you; (Matthew 7:7)... I too am in need of a great sum of money...not only because my daughter is getting married in August and we want to provide for her the wedding of her dreams, if we can, but because I lost my job and my husband is on disability. We have been provided for though even under those circumstances but boy would it be cool to receive amounts of money as described in that letter so you'd be able to bless others and help your family at the same time! Maybe this is the answer to our financial prayers...if this is not a scam then we'll see...
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   M.W. 0 Votes
I am also going to try this. I am going to re-write the letter making it to at all possible not feel like a scam. I feel if everyone would respond there would be a new group of millionaires in this country ( formerly the middle class and low income) The only thing any one has to loose to me personally would be $1. $90 to the post office which could desperately use it, your local dollar store for some envelopes, your local copy place or you could print them off your home copier ( which would probably be more expensive), and the company of your choice for a mailing list ( you could just go on the white pages and choose random people to mail to if you choose to). Most people spend more on fast food a month then this would cost.

Is there any updates on anyone that has done it.
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   M.W. 0 Votes
Also the original complainer posted it only 7 days after they were sent out, with no update

Really
 24th of Apr, 2013 by   AnnieVan 0 Votes
I have just received this packet of letters in the mail and almost tossed it when I opened it, but then I read it...and then re-read them. My husband said don't buy into this-it's nothing but a scam. I have NEVER gotten a letter like this before. The optimist in me wants to believe in this and the good in people that they want to help others out while getting help. I can make copies for free. (plus for me!!) Cost of envelopes are free for me as well...(2nd plus) Stamps, well that's a different story, but the first 2 items are free for me-so I'm cool with that. Obviously if you can't afford to start it and give it a chance-then don't, but why not? I will not be using Dataline. I will be using a different info source. :) Good luck to all who are giving it a shot!!
Any updates??
 20th of Jul, 2013 by   helpin out 0 Votes
I pray you come to this comment before you commit your finances to any such crime. My name is Lee. I received one of these chain letters on July 20. Immediately, I thought scam, but I have a newly found faith as I continue my recovery from substance abuse/addiction. In the next moment, I was thinking, 'this could actually work. I could pay it forward and be rewarded. How fantastic!' Thankfully, I had the good sense of cynicism I've always had, and called my mother who worked for the postal service for over 15 years. She promptly informed me that it was a scam. I began to research the "datalineone.com" information. I found this review/complaint site. Still unconvinced, I researched the law code provided in the letter. This confirmed my suspicions, and another reason I dislike almost everything about the digital age. People think that the web provides unlimited access to official information. In fact, unless one is meticulous about their research, most results on the internet are complete garbage. Do your homework! I suggest only .gov or .edu sites whenever seeking accurate and reliable information. When I looked up the legal code listed in the letter, I chose a result from a legal school website with an edu domain name. The result is this... The company profiting from this scam is the only legal participant in it. By giving you access to this specific law code, they are removing any liability on their part, while ensuring that they continue to make your money. The law states that participating in such a program is illegal, and that one found guilty of doing so may be fined or imprisoned for two years. Because the company forewarned you, they are not culpable for what you do, or their part in it for that matter. Although I desire to make money and help others whenever I am able, I will not risk prison time in order to do so, and I hope no one else who finds this does either. Best wishes, Lee
 22nd of Jan, 2014 by   a believer with faith 0 Votes
To helping out. Thanks for the info. To those who are skeptical, so am I. Helping out. Please tell nee hoe sending $6 to 6 people is illegal asking then to add you to their mailing list. Also with the freedom of speech, our first constitutional right how its it illegal to send 200 people letters? Please answer. I have no problem sending 6 people $6. I pay $5.32 almost every day for something I don't need. This may indeed be a scam but if you even send this letter to 200 friends and family I'm sure at least 15 wouldn't mind sending out $6... I'm less fortunate, underprivileged and by God and his grace I get by. I believe this letter is a blessing. And for them to give a suggestion of contributing 10% to a charitable organization tells me one thing. I consider that to be tithing which in Malachi 3:8-11 will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings 9 Ye are cursed with a curse for ye have robbed me, even this while nation. 10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of Heaven and pour you out a blessing, that there will not be room enough to receive it 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of gusts 12 And all nations shall call you blessed; for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts so if I tithes what I receive I will be blessed. Even if only the same $6 I send out cone back I will be thankful for that but I'm disabled. When I can work when they have work I stand up for 10-12 hours to make $7.25 I do this because something is better than nothing. They said don't quit your job. I'm going to take a chance with this because people do spend way too much in lotteries, casinos, clubs and things that are not of a good report. Sometimes we have to look at a bigger picture and realize that we all have the power of choice, but the Lord gives us 5 senses for a reason and sometimes we do gave to step out on faith and hope and pray and believe God will deliver. This letter came to ask of us for a reason. We can throw I but away or use it for the greater good. I will give a report to let you guys that are being positive know how it works out for me. I thank you ask for the positive and negative comments as well. May good bless us all.. Thanks...
 22nd of Jan, 2014 by   a believer with faith 0 Votes