logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (5 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )
2. (5 mins ago)
Tagged Team Annual Lottery Promo 2011
Rita Collins, William Li, Dr. George Hu, Mr. Ro Many, Barrister Sok Hung
3. (13 mins ago)
University of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group
Class Action Law Suit: Misuse of Title IV Funds and Accounting Practices: Unethical business practices : Scam and Fraud
4. (28 mins ago)

87 pickford dr
Kanata, Ontario
Canada
Phone: 613-599-1857
I made a purchase on a game called Dark Orbit because I have familly playing it and it's a good way to have fun together.

I got a prepaid credit card and topped it up .
I made a purchase with thsi credit card, not only one but several spending quite a bit of money for a game that is FREE.

I made a purchase on two occasions, one on April 9th and one on April 10th with the same card
This evening I go to log into my account and find it's been suspended because there wasnt enough funds to cover that pruchase!
How can a prepaid card fail ? it's either has teh funds or it doesnt ! goes trhough or gets refused ! Now Bigpoint wants me to pay $111.37 CDN to re-activate my account !!!
I tried contacting their support but made a mistake on teh crad type so cancelled teh ticket and tried to create a new request and I get refused stating that this request already exists and is being looked at but
when I go look at the ticket it's closed ! I cant create another

So I tried something I did in the past and contacted their tech support for MISC department and I hope they can help but this is typical of Bigpoint Billing support. last time they wanted a screenshot with my banking information !

So now my account is suspended and I cant do anything but wait, no 1-800 numbers to call just their ridiculous billing support site, and when you use it you're forced to communicate through screenshots!

I hope there is enough complaints about thsi companies billing support to force teh CEO to do something about it because as it stands I'm not inclined to spend anymore money on a site that doesnt even have teh decency to contact you via e-mail after spending a significant amount of money.

Dark Orbit Dark Orbit Dark Orbit Dark Orbit

Comments Canada Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of May, 2010 by   Vlado_BA_SK +1 Votes
I'm still more and more suspicious, that German provider of Dark Orbit fy Bigpoint GmbH runs a large internet fraud. I paid them more then 100 EUR in total and after I wrote about technical problems with my ship control in chat, I was banned immediately in chat and then in game as well after I noticed ambiguous and faulty rules and about rude language, spamming, sexual taunt, abuse and insulting often seen in chat (of course children can join that "trash talk" without any problems, and they are allowed to pay BigPoint even for this!!!)... Can anybody stop them in these criminal activities?

My personal experience with this "game" is described in details here:

10th of May, 2010 by   Who you..... +1 Votes
I strongly Agree with CrazyCrow i have made several purchases (of uriduim) and two days from when i paid, my Account was supended!!!...I got really pissed off, not only they supended my account but they want me to pay €388.83 !!!...This is just pathetic..
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   Vlado_BA_SK +1 Votes
If you wanna share your own experience with DO and BP, pls join this News Group:

26th of Jul, 2010 by   DarkOrbit SUCKS +1 Votes
Dark Orbit is nothing but a scam. Let me tell you about what happened to me. I met this other - ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE, and chatted with him for awhile. I asked for uridium that he can spare, said he'll go into my account and give me some. All I needed to do was give him my user ID and password. Well, stupid me, I did, and he went in and my uridium started amassing! I mean a million uridium was getting added on my account as I watched. Then the "uridium being added to my account" stopped and I logged out. A few minutes later, I decided to log back in and guess what? The idiot All Hell Broke Loose was still logged into my account. I begged him to leave - even told him that I was going to bed. What he didn't know is that when I found out that he was still logged in to my account, I left, changed my password and went back in. He finally left my account after at least half an hour of pleading with him.

The next day, the credit card I had on file was charged $600! My bank alerted me to the charges. Since I did not approve this, I got it reversed. I got all my money back. I was ready for Dark Orbit to reset my account to where it used to be - in fact, that would just be fair to me and to them. But guess what? Yup! They suspended my account. After spending at least over $1, 000 in that account over the year, I get suspended because this bozo charged my credit card.

I contacted Dark Orbit, told them the story, and asked them to investigate and to look into the chat rooms. Do you think they did? Absolutely not! They suck at their customer service. I mentioned on my last email to them that I do not owe them the $600 and that it was made fraudulently. I said that I would sue them before they make me liable for it. You know what their answer was today? "Sue then". What the heck is that? What kind of company would not try to settle with customers who were already reaching out to them.

I hate Dark Orbit!
 4th of Aug, 2010 by   mead21 +1 Votes
I really agree with all of you. I was using my mums credit card and i asked her if i can use it for dark orbit. She said sure, as long as you dont go over 2 purchases. So i went to the purchase website and bought the uri and the prem package. I was really happy that time. I logged out to go to bed and the next day, it said "account suspended, you have reached the max limit of paying, pay imedidility or we will press criminal charges on you" I was like wtf!!! Im only 12 and i only payed 2 purchases. SO i went to my mum and she called the bigpoint in Germany and do you know what they said? they said that "oohh you have no right to call us on a stupid thing. If you want your sons account back, you hav to pay 231.000!!! gosh thats x2 the amount i payed at the purchase website. so my mum went like screw you and hung up. SO i never played do again. Its a fake and a money stealing company
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   JeanLafitte95 +1 Votes
Recently the game created something called the Pilot Bio. At first it was cool when I saw it but when I heard this amount to build it it was $4, 000! I said one word and one word only... "DONE!" and logged off and I am never playing again. If I may make a suggestion a real cool browser space game thats 3-D and not 2-D like dark orbit, yes 3-D, is a game call pirate galaxy, the only thing there elite game currency gets is boosters and memberships thats right! No high level equipment can be bought with it! You have to "play" the game to get higher equipment best part is all in game items that arnt boosters or memberships are worth the standard game currency! I suggest to try this game!
 18th of Jan, 2011 by   annonymous goli +1 Votes
my account was banned by one of the mods who has a grudge against me because i pop him all the time, thats right the mods play the same server and will ban you for killing them. i was told i would get my acct back after a 30 day suspension and guess what, nothing, calling a lawyer tomarrow... STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT ONLY WANTS YOUR MONEY AND COULD CARE LESS WHAT GOES ON AND WILL BAN YOU ACCT FOR NOTHING AND SIT BACK AND COLLECT THE PROFITS!!!
 27th of Jan, 2011 by   sacoman +1 Votes
DarkOrbit billed my credit card for a purchase I did not make. I have looked and looked and found to phone numbers or email address to lodge my complaint. I want my money back but without any way to contact Darkorbit where can I go. I contacted my bank and am filling a fraud complaint with my bank hoping to recover my money.
 26th of Feb, 2011 by   josh1234 +1 Votes
i want my Fe Goliath account back also tell me the password for josh199200 because that account back now end of story.
 15th of May, 2011 by   anonbw 0 Votes
The below basically states that you have to file your legal complaints(for US players only) in San Francisco. If you do want a class action you'll have to get a judge to say that the bit about 'no class actions' isn't legally binding. Good luck on your persuits!!!

"16 GOVERNING LAW

These Terms of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. You expressly agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute under the Terms of Use and or your use of the Site resides in the federal or state courts located in the State of California, County of San Francisco, and you further expressly agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.

Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, your play of any Game or participation in any Tournament shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California, County of San Francisco.

If any provision of these Terms of Use is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Use, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision in these Terms of Use shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision."
 15th of Apr, 2012 by   U91H3D 0 Votes
Stay away from this game, my account was hacked and i didn't even know about it and i went to support about it and they said its my fault and that the ban will stand, im going to be contacting my lawyer and i want my money back or there will be murder, STOP GIVING THEM MONEY, PEOPLE WAKE UP

Train Fares Increase for 2013