logo

Huff N Puff
Corporate Greed
3. (7 mins ago)
Active Advantage
Active advantage trial membership scam
4. (15 mins ago)
Wrinkles R Us Karen Wilson Eatonville Wa
Bad breeder **just changed her kennel name**
5. (27 mins ago)

Cyprexx, Florida Complaints & Reviews - work performed on froclosed houses

Cyprexx Contacts & Informations

Cyprexx

Posted:    dead head

work performed on froclosed houses

Florida
I WORK FOR CYPREXX AS A CONTRACTOR YOU HAVE TO GIVE A BID BEFORE YOU DO THE WORK.
THEY WILL APPROVE THE BID HAVE YOU DO THE WORK TAKE PHOTOS TO DOCUMENT WHAT YOU DID THEN WAIT FOR 30DAYS OR MORE AND SEND YOU AN EMAIL SAYING YOU HAVE TO RENEGOTIAE THE BID AND REFUSE TO PAY UNTIL YOU LOWER YOUR PRICE TO WHAT THEY WANT TO PAY. IS THERE ANYONE ELESE OUT THERE THAT IS HAVEING THE SAME PROBLEM?
WHAT MAKES IT REALLY BAD IS THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THE JOB OUT THE MONEY FOR MATERIALS LABOR ETC. PLUS THEY WAIT SO LONG TO NOTIFY YOU THAT YOU ARE HURTING FOR THE MONEY. WHEN I FIRST STARTED WORK FOR THEM THEY PAID LIKE CLOCK WORK EVERY TWO WEEKS YOU WOULD HAVE A CHECKFOR YOU INVOICES THAT YOU SUMMITED
BUT SENSE THEY HAVE STARTED TO DO FANNIEMAES WORK THEY HAMMER YOU EVERY CHANCE THEY GET WHAT LEGAL RIGHTS DO WE AS CONTRACTORS HAVE
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Dec, 2010 by   screhabber +1 Votes
I have been doing work for Cyprexx for 2 years and have never had a problem. The coordinators have been very nice and understanding and they have given me enough work that i am always busy. They have never asked me to reduce cost AFTER a job was done, sometimes before but my pricing is very on point and if they feel its high i explain exactly what im doing and everything works out. It does take a little time to get money from the preservation side, typically 45 days but once it starts rolling around it never stops as long as you keep working. They, in my opinion, are a very good company to work for and dont take 20 to 25% as others do.
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   Yahya.Rice 0 Votes
My Company as well does Preservation work for Cyprexx and other National Companies, some companies do take 20% off the top, this is fine if you know what type of work to accept from these so-called discounts, you can pay the 20% and still make "Very Good Money". Now Cyprexx I must agree did at first take 30-45 days to pay off, we knew this from the start, so why complain. As you said, after that the checks started rolling in, Yes They did and still do, Every Week. I have NEVER heard of such tactics from Cyprexx, matter of fact I'll go as far as calling you a LIAR! Now once you got that JCR that is your money in the bank, unless you did sloppy work and caused yourself to get a Charge Back, Read your Contarct.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   jon the builder 0 Votes
If your a licensed builder then you have nothing to worry about. Just lien the property for the difference between what they pay and your original contract and hire an attorney. At some point that house will sell and your lien will surface.
I just started working for cyprexx. They do seem slow to pay. Usually, about 45 days. I have bid out jobs but my price is very high on large jobs due to the payment schedule. I have a working capital limit of $1000 dollars. If the costs are more than that I will overbid the job. Remember you are not the bank...you are at the wrong end of the soil pipe.
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   Semperfi1225 0 Votes
There's no crying in Construction!!!
 25th of Mar, 2011 by   broker1 -2 Votes
As a broker I HATE DEALING WITH CYPREXX! They are so slow to get preservation work completed, some of their local contractors in my area are extremely sloppy' just recently I found the keys to one my listings in the yard - they had just rekeyed the house hours before, and the combination was incorrect and the keys were left laying in the yard for anyone in the world to get their hands on. They NEVER inform the broker when their work is completed; so this usually takes several inspections on our part since we're ultimately responsible for the condition of the property – and sometimes delays Closings. My 4 year old could a better job at cleaning most of the homes. I constantly get calls from neighbors who are complaining about the grass being too tall. Their project managers located at the Cyprexx main office are rude, uninformed, and unfamiliar with each individual property. The banks are so much better off having the local broker coordinate the work with the contractors. PS Cyprexx, stop posting positive feedback about your own company on this posting board – no one shares the same opinion – even the banks and asset firms that have contracted with you are probably sorry they used you…
 29th of Mar, 2011 by   Shawn Green +1 Votes
Just lost a job from them today because, after providing them with extensive pictures and a detailed bid 2 hours after receiving MFR (a work order) they informed me that they had to reassign it because I refused to start work without a JCR (confirmation of amount to be paid). I have done literally hundreds of properties for this company over the last four years ( ongoing maintenance and initial services) and in the past they had coordinators willing and able to look at pictures and judge if your bid for over their pittance of a flat rate was warranted. At this point they would ask you to come down a few hundred and haggle a bit. Now they want more and more for less and less. It has gotten out of control. Maintenance requirements include hand weeding out rock gardens, trimming extensive trees/bushes, and doing spring and fall cleanups for $35. Yes that's right $35 and that's only two visits a month from Oct Nov until most likely April. They have to be ostracizing competent vendors with these tactics. I believe they are in it to scoop as much money as they can while this foreclosure boom lasts and could care less about loyal, trusted vendors or the poor administrators they have dealing with us. Sad and really a sign of what has happened to our society as a whole. We want it as cheap and fast as possible- Quality? Nah not really.
 23rd of May, 2011 by   Robbed in Illinois! 0 Votes
I went out and bought all the stuff to winterize homes. Worked very hard for the person who was subbing off Cyprexx to only hear that Cyprexx isn't paying them, so I would not be paid. I would like to know if there are any class action lawsuits being started agains Cyprexx and also if they have violated any federal laws being that ALL their work is ordered and directed from acoss state lines. This was the worst rip off experience that I ever encountered, my family still suffers from this robbery.
 23rd of May, 2011 by   Robbed in Illinois! -1 Votes
I wish I could file a lien on their properties. I don't have individual contracts SIGNED by a rep. Nobody has. Good luck filing a lien in IL or Wisc. without solid documents. And the whole scam revolves around them finding anyone who can get general liability insurance, then find a bunch of down and out IDIOTS like me to sucker into buying everything to do the work, then shrug and say you don't know when the pay is comming, then shut it down and hide from them till they give up. SICK @SS BA#&$RDS!!! Quit using people!!! How can this continue? Are there not laws to stop this?
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   Preservation 0 Votes
People in the Preservation industry say it's good to work for Cyprexx... REALLY? Why? Seriously, please tell us why? They are horrible. Constantly Late with payments, they go through reps/coordinators like toilet paper (Gee, I wonder why), they're slow to respond, they don't follow through. Why are banks still working with them? A company like Cyprexx won't sustain, they can't. If they don't change the way they do business, and learn something called 'Business Ethics', than it's just a matter of time before they go out of business. If they don't change the way they do business, well, I'll see them at their Bankruptcy. I'll be one of the attorneys going after them.
 15th of Jun, 2011 by   INPreservation +1 Votes
I have been working with Cyprexx for over 5 years now and have never had any major problems. Most likely, the ones complaining here have done a bad job on a property and have been asked to go back out and do the job right. I had to sign contracts up front with this in mind. I agree with everyone that the first check takes a while to arrive. It took mine 30 days, but their contract says 30 days so I couldn't complain about that. Plus, there are times when a check arrives much more quickly, but I expect 30 days so I'm not disappointed. If you can't have a 30 days hold on your check, you likely are not in a good enough financial position to own your own business. The only time checks have been held after that is when Cyprexx asks me to go back out and fix something. I don't always agree that it's my fault, but anyone in business here knows that taking care of an issue that may not be your fault every now and then is good business. Cyprexx always makes it up to me when it's obvious.

If you have a complaint, why don't you call Cyprexx and find out what's going on? Nobody here has even spoken about your experience after calling in. If I have any problems, I call my coordinator and explain the issue and 95% of the time it's fixed right away. Maybe I have an especially good coordinator right now, but I have worked with 3 in the past and have never had any really bad ones. And since I've been working with them, I've had a total of 4 coordinators in 5 years - 3 of those 4 are still with Cyprexx so their turnover is not as bad as what the last poster said. In business, there are always mistakes, but they are the minority and it seems like some of you believe it's the majority. If they are that bad, the banks wouldn't work with them. Obviously, it's not as bad as what some of you are saying. And no, I am NOT a Cyprexx employee like someone suggested earlier. I just know they have given me a lot of business and have helped my company grow. If not for them, I'd still be struggling in this economy. I think everyone wishes they could be as successful as Cyprexx has been and they are being demonized because of it.
 23rd of Jun, 2011 by   Cca410 -1 Votes
I too have worked for cyprexx for 5 years and the cyprexx of 3 years ago isn't the cyprexx of today. They built their business off of a good relationship with the venders and being loyal to them and honest. The cyprexx of today is greedy deceptive and ruining the national preservation business. So everyone beware... I was the #1 vendor in my state with many people working for me and finally I had enough of the lies, incompetence, deception and over charging to the client and losing business to the realtors. There contract was 20% over to a certain company and they was billing 2 and 3 times the amount of the job while driving the prices to the dirt for the rest of us.
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   wandas web +1 Votes
Any body want to say what there flate rate is?
 22nd of Aug, 2011 by   knockknock 0 Votes
To those of you who think Cyprexx is a good company and are sticking up for them, obviously don't know how to properly bid a job, don't know what your time is worth, are perfectly happy working for next to nothing and are likely a pushover. To those of you who think Cyprexx is not a good company to work for you are on your game and will prosper in the field of preservation. If you don't take care of your employee's / vendors, you will fail. I just went to a Cyprexx property on a work order yesterday to find it had been picked up by another M&M contractor. A true sign of failure. If you don't quit Cyprexx, they will quit you. Good luck to all!
 15th of Dec, 2011 by   betty wanda +1 Votes
I think some of the REO Real Estate listing agents are getting there family or friends in with Cyrexx, this is causing a conflict of interest. The real estate agents are reporting complaints on vendors that aren't related to them...They are giving their family and/friend good reports...I know 2 agents in Reno that have family working for Cyprexx, my job load has been reduced to nothing...The Realtors have all the power not to mention there family/friend is the first eyes to view the property, its easy to remove all PB and good appliances without the knowledge of Cyprexx or Fannie Mae...
 31st of Dec, 2011 by   tuff financial 0 Votes
good for you i also work with cyprexx and there great with service and paying on tI'me
I'm a new vendor about five months in business and i already service 75 homes a month the Chicagoland area and still growing .
 14th of Feb, 2012 by   No Justice In REO 0 Votes
I have been a vendor for Cyprexx for over 4 years. I have never had issues with payment and for some time things went very well. 2 years ago I was contacted by the preservation coordinator manager for our State and was asked to add crews and equipment because Cyprexx liked our work so much. In response to that call I trained 4 new crews and purchased $60K worth of new equipment. That said, I think many of you need to listen to what I am about to say because things at Cyprexx can turn from good to very bad in a heartbeat. After years of learning Cyprexx's ever changing guidelines and by handling a work load of 80 to a 100 new Fannie Mae properties a month my business has dropped to 0 properties in the last two months. We have gone through approximately 10 coordinators and 6 managers in the past 4 years. Aside from minor issues with one coordinator (which we worked out) we had great relationships with everyone. ( I believe, speaking to coordinators that were moved but still keep in touch, that Cyprexx intentionally moves it's coordinators around so that they don't get too friendly with the Vendor/Contractors. Let's face it it's hard to tell someone that you have become friendly with that you only want to pay them $380 for a $1200 job)

Enter our current coordinator. She doesn't like me because I had the nerve to tell her that I would only do work on handrailsand stairs if I did the work to local building codes. What surprised me was that this experienced, according to her, coordinator didn't know there were building codes that regulated the construction of stairs and handrails. I guess she was unaware that 47, 000 people a year get hurt because of improperly constructed stairs and handrails. She actually INSISTED that I go out and install handrails the cheap Cyprexx way or I wouldn't get any more work. Well here we are. I go out in the field and see initial services performed by new Vendors where the properties look horrible when they are done. At a property I visited recently, because it was assigned to us for maintenance, I found 159 nails/screws/hardware/hooks in the interior/exterior walls of the house. There were 11 tall Junipers and two trees that were touching the house or the roof. There were 5 ceiling fans in the house that were not cleaned. None of the windows or window tracks were cleaned. There were at least 60 cubic yards of debris/trash/personals left at the property including two dog house, two plastic swimming pools, 28 moldy bales of hay, wood, burn piles and much more. The house sits on a 1.09 acres of property and only the front third was worked on. There is dog feces in many locations and I am pretty sure the vendor who did this initial didn't own a rake. Cyprexx actually got a new vendor to do this job on a flat rate and then sent me there to do the maintenance. If I don't report the deficiencies I become responsible for all the work the initials vendor didn't do. So let's say Cyprexx or Fannie Mae inspectors come to town and look at this property. They will list all the deficiencies and Cyprexx will expect me to do the work for $35. So I report the deficiencies. My coordinator then sent emails to the original vendor and the Realtor saying that I was the person who was sending them back.

Two things that really bother me. One is unethical vendors who do %&#! work and mess things up for Vendors who try to do the work that they have been told is required. Second, Brokers who don't do though BSOs (Broker Service Opinion). As it turns out the only leverage Fannie Mae has over Cyprexx is the BSO. If the work is not done well note it on your BSO. Bad BSOs are priority assignments and are seen by the client. Any deficiencies must be corrected within 48 hours. Realtors, if you have any experienced Vendors in your circle you might ask them to do your BSOs for a while. After a short time the work will start getting done correctly and you will have a better shot of getting your price for the property. In my area the properties are getting worse ans worse.

A note for the broker above, Vendors are discouraged from communicating with Cyprexx so you may need to reach out to them get them to get in touch with you to report completions.
 29th of Feb, 2012 by   TEXASREO +1 Votes
I just got put on the "do not use" list because I refused to lower my already too-low flat rate. Cyprexx is not the company it once was. They were great 4 years ago, good 3 years ago and no better than the thieves at FAS and SafeGard now. Vendors beware.
 29th of Mar, 2012 by   REOMAN 0 Votes
I have also had MANY MANY issues with Cyprexx, late payments, no payments, losing info, changing invoice numbers so its very hard to keep track of. Wanting additional items 4-5 weeks after the job is complete even claiming the yard is too tall weeks after inital serfvices were completed during mowing season, (grass grows!!!) Creating issues and wanting more items after the JCR has been sent. Renegotiong the price after a JCR is sent, Usually the more expensive the job the more "issues" the find. I waited 4 months on a $5000+ job with a approved JCR and finally recieved $4000 only because they straved me out on that one. They are a joke and one of my least favorite companies to work for. My company does hundreds of properties a year for various clients they are by far the worst of the larger companies!! Hopefully they will get us all paid and go out of business...
 16th of Aug, 2012 by   Vendor J 0 Votes
I started working for Cyprexx in June of 2012. I have not been paid for any of my jobs yet. They say they mailed out a check on 8/1/2012 but it has yet to be received. I found out several things 1. They marked a job incomplete when it was submitted on time and properly performed. 2. They adjusted my invoices on several jobs almost three weeks after it was submitted.Never once told me that there was a different fee then discussed. 3. The coordinator failed to process my invoice for payment in order to meet the " within 30 day" agreement for turnaround. I have no problem waiting for payment within a reasonable timeframe 30-45 days max across the board. I do have a problem with payment nopt being processed on time. If the contractor is held to a 24 hour turnaround then why cant the vendor/contractor expect the same response from the hiring company if services are done properly and on time. Not everyone that complains poorly submitted and improperly completed a job and not every complaint is valid due to the same. However there is something to it when similar complains keep arising and new contractors and vendors are not aware of it. There bottom line is newer you are to a company in preservation the less patience they have in properly training new vendors on there procedures and requirements. The one thing they dont share is there internal thoughts and procedures that causes these types of complaints. The larger the preservation company is the more mistreatment and discounts will be handed out and invoices adjusted without notices or proper reasoning.
 16th of Aug, 2012 by   canh 0 Votes
I have worked for them over the last few years. Very slow pay and if the agent finds a nail they report it on the BSO. You have to go remove a nail. The flat rate is so bad that you can't spend no more than 2 days at a property. I have a crew that cleans and they are fabulous, but still have to go back. They even did cleaning the barracks for the military, but never perform upto their standards. To many cheifs for this company. They pit the crews against each other. When you get used to a coordinator then they get moved and you have to build that relationship with another.

5 Jobs For Animal Lovers