logo

ACS Inc USA
Scammers
4. (21 mins ago)
Merrywood Loans.co.uk
unauthorised use of card details
5. (34 mins ago)
marvelous-moroccotours.com
The owner suddenly cancelled everything

Consumer Tips & Tricks

cyberlink

Posted:    Bruce

customer service

Cyberlink
on 2-12-2009 I purchased powerdvd SE with the extended download option.after submitting 4 different support tickets to them in the last 4 days, I still have not gotten any responce from them.I guess they want me to buy thier phone service at a cost of $30 for 60 days to make them feel like they should respond. Well I am not going to buy the phone service sence it is probley as bad as thier support ticket program. But I will file a complaint with every consumer board and web site i can find. If anyone knows of any sites that would be a help please let me know.
Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Sep, 2009 by   J T Dodson +2 Votes
I have the same complaint purchased PowerDirector 7, with extended download, now the download page is dead, the complaint forms don't work, and when you call their corp. phone number your told all call are now handled online at their website. www.cyberlink.com. don't bother wasting your time, with their software, you would have better luck following a snake ointment dealer in a carnival. Software worked ok, but what's the use of buying online when your computer crashes and you can't re download. CYBERLINK remember the name, no customer service, oh yes they have customer service at a price. It's their software, they should be manking a killing with service calls... For a company that does so much business on the Internet, you would think their website would be up to date, but you can be assured that their store is up to date... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CYBERLINK...Save your money and buy software from a reputable company.
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   Antonny 0 Votes
Empathising regarding your problem also I can consider myself lucky.

I requested info to Cyberlink regarding Cyberlink Powerdirector 8 guess what they gave no feedback so finally I went elsewhere.
Also just go to their web forum and read many complaints too.
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   Screwed by Cyberlink Again +2 Votes
Another one. Purchased an upgrade for Cyberlink. They NEVER gave me the upgrade code. Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware). They will NOT take your calls or respond to the emails. SAVE YOUR MONEY.
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   Serge 0 Votes
Lorsque l'on regarde un film vous nous envoyé un message pou faire un update. Si je n'en veux pas, est-ce que vous allez m'envoyer ce message a tous les 10 minutes. Tabarnac! j'en ai plein le cul de vous autres. Cyberlink, va aller a la poubelle, je vais acheter un autre logiciel qui ne va pas m'arceler a tous les 10 minutes lorsque je regarde un film.

Cybelink, pour moi vous etes foutus!!!
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   Firebird7 +2 Votes
This is ridiculous...never seen a company that sells you a product, then tries to charge you to call customer service. Tried the "support" ticket system, no answer for over 24 hrs. How are these people staying in business? I did business with them in the past w/o a problem; that was over a year ago. Now they seem to ignore tech support questions. If anyone knows how to register a complaint about this company, I'd love to know...or do online companies have no regulation over their practices? Disgusting...
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   lee in Portland +1 Votes
Darn!!! I wish I had know these things! I just ordered power director 8 and they charged my account TWICE for it!!! After reading these comments...I guess that is money I will never get back!!! I would not have ordered if I knew they were based in 'taipei'. I'm mad now! Even though I like it so far...looks like I paid twice for the same thing!

Screw you cyberfink!
 21st of May, 2010 by   Pissed off # 2 +2 Votes
I've been trying for a month to get Power DVD 10 for which I paid. It was an up grade from DVD 8. I now have neither DVD 8, which I was told to uninstall prior to downloading DVD 10, and DVD 10 will not install. I will not pay for their telephone advice to get what I bought. I even bought the up grade disk, but it won't work with out DVD 8 being installed and now the code for DVD 8 no longer works. These people are real crooks and should be charged with fraud. They are absolutley without morals or conscience.
 22nd of May, 2010 by   H7O +1 Votes
thanks everyone for your comments.
i usually type the company /product name followed by the word "fraud" in google prior placing an order to find out whether or not the company to which i'm about to give money have a legit product / support.

needless to say, cyberlink won't be getting my money ($100) after reading your helpful comments.

thanks again to everyone
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   mrburns42069 +2 Votes
I too will not be purchasing anything from cyberlink ever again. I also got charged twice for the same product however through much pain I was able to talk to a live person at this number: 1-866-585-3251 talked to someone named "jack" he said that one of the charges will be taken off within 48 hrs. If this does not happen I will try to raise some more hell. Additionally I am prepared to take a legal action against the company. there could be grounds for a class action lawsuit if enough people have the same problem. Please respond to this comment with thoughts on legal action.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by   brewsterlewster +1 Votes
Wow, I just purchased a new Samsung R580 with preloaded CyberLink PowerDVD 8. Will not play bluray!!! Plays DVDs well enough. But that is why I bought the Samsung in the first place. Tried to get ticket on line twice andno response in days. Phone number is bogus, as people noted above! This is a crap company and I will not by Samsung PCs ever again because of this software they put on their machines and will not support (I called them first and they said I had to go through CyberLink). This PC is going back to the seller!
 27th of Feb, 2011 by   SilverJS 0 Votes
I'm having the exact same problem as well.
 27th of Feb, 2011 by   jasmine007 0 Votes
just google complaints, and a whole load of different sites will pop up for you to submit your complaints to. sorry about your issue.
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   bubba2262 0 Votes
I'm having the exact same issues. This company sucks. I requested a refund one month ago, after the download didn't work. Still no refund
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   bubba2262 0 Votes
Thanks to mrburns42069. I called that number and spoke to a woman named JZ. She took my info and processed my refund for PowerDirector. Mind you, I submitted three refunds in one month. Jeez, cyberlink really blows. I requested a refund for the same issues as above.
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   Masterkey +1 Votes
Me too. Their Tech Support sucks. After spending all day editing a video, about half of the video clips turned black. Cyber Link Power Director 8 forgot where the video clips are stored. I just wanted an HD video editor that works. Fond one that works on my computer. Serif Movie Plus x5. No need to contact Tech Support, it works. One catch, you have to register the software to export.
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   icon5910 +1 Votes
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 – Don’t waste your money on Cyberlink products – the support is terrible. I was promised an upgrade to Power Director 10 but after 2-3 weeks of communication with tech support, including responding to all requests for screen shots, DxDiag files, etc., they have not sent an upgrade file and activation code that works. Save time and money, find another solution for your video editing needs.
 2nd of May, 2012 by   STEPHANIE DIANE CURRY 0 Votes
THIS CYBER LINK HAS BEEN UNDER MY DOCUMENTS FOR AWHILE AND I AM OUT ON THE STREETS. MY LIFE WAS SIGNED AWAY. MY MIONEY, MAIL, , IDENTITY AND OTHER WAS STOLEN AND THAT IS NOT RIGHT. STEPHANIE DIANE CURRY.. BAYTOWN TEXAS .LIBRARY.
 2nd of Dec, 2012 by   ctroyc +1 Votes
Why does Cyberlink not show up on any fraud reports besides this one? I still hold hope that my FIFTH time through the unbelievable awesome customer support system will resolve my issue. You have to open a new thread to respond to them when they don't answer your question, or even to answer their question - there is NO REPLY button. Unreal. I tried to avoid all the scams by paying money directly to company and still got scammed. I will report back after I give up in a few days. 15+ hour in on this already, but after a weekend learning the tool and another creating a file...only to have the software stop working as I am about to burn a cd...I am too emtionally attached to my work to blow it off and start over again. Even if they regrant me access to my files, this is borderline evil practice.
 4th of Mar, 2013 by   jan7 0 Votes
Cyberlink you cam 5 is not working after paying for it, yesterday they took the money, sent me a dead link no answer to emails now it says account has been cancelled as password they gave me does not work, it says this thing is run from Germany I'm in the UK what the heck is going on? It's run from were Taiwan?
 9th of Mar, 2013 by   Ryan0071 0 Votes
Had similar issues. If you really feel the practices of this company are underhanded I recommend contacting the better business bureau (BBB).

US Mortgage Loan Fraud Predatory Lending