logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
rootandroid.com
Rude and negative emails from this company
2. (24 mins ago)
Sears / Craftsman riding lawnmower
Lawn mower will just stop running
3. (39 mins ago)

CVS Pharmacy

Posted:    Christine

Employees beware

CVS Pharmacy
My son had been an employee at CVS in Cherry Hill, NJ since Sept '09. He was fired almost three weeks ago because he was accused of stealing. The Loss Prevention Manager in the Philadelphia region came into the store to "convince" my 16 year old son that he's been stealing approx. $20 worth of stuff and that they have been investigating him for awhile now.

She made him sign a confession sheet. He couldn't deny these accusations because she said they have evidence that proves he did it. They made me come in and sign this too...I suppose because he's a minor. I did, fully believingmy son was guilty at the time considering the "evidence" they said they have. When I asked to see it however, she said she wasn't allowed to show me.

After talking to my son and giving him every opportunity to "come clean" on this, he still asserts his innocence.

After talking to numerous people at all different levels of the company from Loss Prevention to Human Resources, I finally got the LP Director to admit there is in fact no "evidence". They also couldn't come up with an accounting of what made up the $20 they said he stole. Another strange thing...the day this firing took place, the regular store manager left early and there was only a mgr trainee there which I believe is against their policy.My son got along well with the store mgr which might explain why he wasn't in the building when this took place. I've been trying to get real answers for weeks now as to why this happened, and why tomy son, a 16yr old part-time employee. When he's tried to talk to other people who work there about this, they've said they can't talk about or they'll be fired.

I'm pretty sure I'm not ever going to get any answers from them and I'm also not sure if I can take any legal action against them. I know they don't have to have a reason to fire but are they allowed to blatantly lie tomy son and me to get us to sign a document of theirs? My wife and I feel we have no real recourse. Any suggestions?
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Mar, 2010 by   cvs employee 0 Votes
I don't think they can lie to you for the reason of termination. They could have just said they could let him go. And that would have been the end of it. Since they decided to "make up" a story, then maybe there could have been some legal action to take place. If there was theft, why werent the police notified?
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   Juliagenevieve 0 Votes
A recent situation like this happened to me. They "investigated me" and the process in which they fired me was OUTRAGEOUS! My "boss" notified me via text that i needed to come in..didnt call or anything, and when i told her my phone was dead and i would have to reschedule, she said that some paperwork would be sent via certified mail..the gave no reason as to why they fired me. i am trying to get contact info for corporate...i live in california, and i worked in a different department, but there is definitely some legal action we can take. i am metting with an attorney on tuesday. if you would like you can email me
juliagenevieve@gmail.com ...it seems like im not the only one who cvs messes with...in my opinion, they just look for people to pin when they are overstaffed.

talk to you soon..hope i can help!
 6th of Aug, 2010 by   sogeellag 0 Votes
in california cvs is unfair to there employees NO lunch coverage NO break coverage and they still CUT hours from are store. The work load keep getting bigger and the treats of getting fair if not done has made the store a hosstle work enviroment. store manager isn't able to help. We all need our jobs BUT can they really expect us to run a store on 280 hour a week when we open at 7am and close at 10:30pm, register 1 take 105 of the hours by its self and managers take 45hrs a week not much left to do load of 6 to 10 pallets, price changes, amm, mandorty end caps, OUT OF DATES, damages, new planograms, CUSTUMER SERVICE, all the office work and don't forget workload manager, and all those EMAILS, face the entire store, push back stock, boh, push, and opps there was suppost to be a break in there some were DONT GET THEM, and vaccumm the entire store, empty trash, imprest, close register, and KEEP A SMILE ON YOUR FACE help us in california PLEASE
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Working away 0 Votes
Your lucky, in other states, you only get 190 hours.
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   deedle11 0 Votes
Call a lawyer that give's free consultations and tell them about this and see if you have a case against them...That's what i'm going to have to do too, as they did the same thing to my son...They had no proof to back this lie up, and my son is not a theif...I am so upset over this, and it's so unfair that they do business like this if all they want to do is fire the child...I'll tell them one thing for sure, it will be a cold day in hell before my son give's them any money...He didn't steal anything...So give the lawyer a call, and Good Luck...Let me know what happens...Thanks...
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   deedle11 0 Votes
OH, and they also did this to 10 other employee's...Maybe we should all get together and file a class action law suit...
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by   Just another fool employee 0 Votes
I work for a CVS Pharmacy # 9805 that was once Longs Drugs and I can tell you that it is a sad situation with regards to how the employees are treated as our hours are cut to the bone to cover the 75 million $$$$ fine for the few stores that over sold items that contributed to making legal drugs ~ now after working there for over 2 years, my hours have been cut from 40 hours a week to only 11 hours per week and I am forced to file for food stamps and unemployment ! Check out Target, WalMart and Food Max as their price are much better than the advertised prices at CVS where it is Profits over People. Sad that CVS is the evil empire from the East Coast that has sucked up the Longs customers to profit over the people that shopped there for years ! DO NOT SHOP AT CVS !

Consumer Fraud in Health Care