logo

Posted:    Vulcan8r

Scam

CRST
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
What it all boils down to is that many of these big trucking companies like CRST get $11, 000 from the government for each person they send to a driving school that graduates. So they offer to send you to school and pay for it under the guise that you will work for them under a contract for 8 months in return for them sending you to school. The school charges them roughly $3, 000 and they pocket the remaining $8, 000. The recuiter has a vested interest in making sure you make it through the school. In my case, when he called I told him I had a problem with my employment/driving record and he assured me that it was so long ago that it would not be a problem (I had tested positive on breathalyzer back in 2000, no conviction). So I spent 3 weeks in the driving school even though I already had my CDL to get the required hours behind the wheel to make me ok to hire. So I go to the terminal in Oklahoma City for orientation and at 14:00 on the second day they told me I had falsified my application and was free to go. Suddenly my recuiter could not remember the conversation where he assured me everything was alright. Evidently all he was concerned about was the fact that they slicked me through the school, got the government money and he got his comission. It is a real shame that I was 100% straight up with them from the beginning and they played me like that. The guy that sent me packing said they got the report at 09:30 to let me go yet he waited til' 14:00 to tell me so I had to scramble to evacuate the sleazy hotel they put me up in and make it to the bus terminal, and yes at my expense. I am not one to piss and moan about the small stuff but there were other drivers on the bus with me with almost identical stories. I know that here are bad seeds and people who lie on applications but I am not one of them.
Comments United States Driving Schools
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Aug, 2011 by   ~~MS 0 Votes
Absolute and utter nonsense and government subsidies ~ CRST gets ZILCH from Uncle Sam or anyone else for training new drivers, and frankly you're an IDIOT for saying it. I defy you to find ANY evidence that your comment is true, because I know for a fact it doesn't exist. (Trust me on this one, I would know.) Gotta' love those ridiculous rumors though, people say the darnedest things.
 11th of Jan, 2012 by   Havetobemorecareful 0 Votes
Just left today from CRST in Iowa do to a family Emergency, Family and I went over all of this with the Recruiter Sarah S before Left to go there for Trucking school. She was asked in case of a Family Emergency what happen? . Sarah S stated "we will get him back home" A family emergency came up two days of being there. I went to Sarah S and plus she received the phone call from home. She stated "I can not send you back home, you will have to get back home on your own" There I am stranded in IOWA, not knowing anyone there, my family was already over budget sending me to CRST in Iowa trucking school. Then I am told "get home on my own" you are right about CRST stranding people that they bring to their training centers. That is very sad. I know Inmates when they are released from prison are given bus fare or some sort of transportation back home. To say the least the place in Iowa felt like you were locked up in a Prison. No windows on the windows. Let me add the lunch lie Sarah S told my family and I. Sarah stated that "you will be responsible for your breakfast and dinner. CRST provide you with Lunch. Came lunch time yesterday. There were slips handed out and if you did not have a slip you had to buy the lunch that hey had there for the group that had slips. (another lie that was told). There is more, but I have already posted what my experience was like going with CRST for my CDL. I can assure you that you live and you learn. NEVER again will go back there once my family emergency smooth over. I will be looking for another company.

Where to Find 60,000 Speed Traps Nationwide