logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Wrinkle Acres Dog Kennel **KAREN WILSON**
Bad bad bad dog breeder for akc!
2. (18 mins ago)
Boulevard Motors
misrepresentation in selling a car
3. (22 mins ago)
car rental extras

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CougarLife.com Complaints & Reviews - Boooo!!!!!

CougarLife.com Contacts & Informations

CougarLife.com

Posted:    Him

Boooo!!!!!

CougarLife.com
This is what I sent to CougarLife.com for the reason I'm dissatisfied as I tried to Delete my 6 hour old subscription to their site!!!

I'm not about to spend money on a site just to read the emails sent to me without knowing anything about the site! Especially women that want to talk to me and are sooo interested in a man that hasn't even uploaded a pic yet or wrote any info about himself in the first few hours of joining the site. If you probably waited a few days before bombarding me with emails from women (real or otherwise) I would've actually finished my profile and signed up for a month to check it out (11 emails already?... come on people!!!).
But your feeble attempt to grab my money only scared me off! If ya wanna make money, do what 'Plenty Of Fish' site does and make money off of advertising on your page. See Ya!!! (

...(I will be posting my opinion on the ComplaintBoard.co site just to let anyone else in my situation know what lies ahead waiting for them!!!)

Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Mar, 2010 by   PeepsMagee +1 Votes
Scam alert!!! Scam Alert!!!

The 1st review is spot on. I received about 10 messages with out so much as a world of picture on my profile. The supposed "Cougars" went so far as to claim I had the best profile on the site and that is was "refreshing." In what way. Advice stay away. This site is a total scam.
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   Mdr +2 Votes
Made a basic profile at this site, pics, intro etc..should have known better, but, I broke down one bored rainy night of a few beers and watching a movie on iTunes. I hesitated joining, as already was thinking scam, because there is no trial period, and you cannot respond to messages/flirts from others unless you join.
So about two weeks after making profile had recvd 8-10 messages, which I couldn't read, and in a moment of stupidity I dropped the $40 for one month..only other option was $29 a month for 3 months. Anyway, so I responded to the 8-10 messages I recvd...did not get one response from the o'so interested women that wrote me..lol Yep, got scammed for sure. Positive they were employees of the site sending messages to get you to drop the cash to join.
Do not pay to join Cougarlife.com I'm close to 40, in great shape, look good, so women between 35-45 are my age bracket im interested in..so thought I'd look there.
Anyway, again..huge scam, waste of $40, will never see that again.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   thedrifter3k 0 Votes
I have a friend who had a successful hookup from a contact on this site. Unfortunately I don't know if he paid for membership, but my gut feeling is that there are tons of "women" whose profiles are complete scams, but that there are genuine people in there as well.
 2nd of May, 2010 by   PattyC 0 Votes
Hi...wanted to post a picture too...but would not let me...I am a cougar and I am real and I am on this site...and several others..I only use the internet to remain private and talk to who I want. P
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   stay_away_from_cougarlife +1 Votes
Fake profiles entice you to pay for the membership to open their messages. Once you pay, these profiles would not even open your replies.
Scam, feel stupid wasting my money.
 13th of Aug, 2010 by   Mmendo +3 Votes
First of all let me just say that I have no problem meeting women either online or in person. I have been on Match.com and met a ton of people and never had a complaint about it. I rarely complain about stuff, but I really felt like I have to make sure no one gets scammed if he or she is trying to make up his/her mind. This site a COMPLETE RIP OFF. So I created a profile and I started getting a lot of messages. After about 10 of them of so, I decided to purchased a membership for $40 (which by the way is more expensive than 90% of the websites out there). After opening up the messages, ALL the people who sent me messages had no narratives on their profiles. So obviously, they are not real folks. They might have real cougars on there, but I did not encounter any.

I called customer service and this is where it gets better: they have a no refund policy and they even tell you that "It takes 2-3 months before you even meet one person." Now to me that sounds like you can HOPE to meet someone $120 later after investing 3 months of e-mailing fictitious ladies. The worst is customer service is so poor; you litteraly have to wait one hour before you can talk to someone. They told me to be patient as they were having difficulties with scammers on the site and the issue would be resolved soon. Well after minimal research, it turns out that today is 8/13/10 and they've been saying the same thing to other customers since last year. Those are facts, not opinions.

Do yourself a great favor, NEVER EVER sign up on this website. I would recommend it under no circumstances.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   GYMDOLL7 0 Votes
Mixed. Review. I receive 55 e-mails a day on avg. from guys. I'm real. It's hard to respond to all of them, but I try. I think that those who don't respond are either lazy or don't care about someone else's feelings. Or they think it's like a job application. "Don't call us, we'll call you." I went on 5 dates from this website. 2 guys loaded old pictures. Like 5 years or more old!!!
It's a shame that others had bad experiences from this site. Unfortunately, this site is mainly full of horny guys only. As opposed to loving sex and wanting a relationship with an older woman.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   GYMDOLL7 0 Votes
P.S. This site gave me the most amount of responses as opposed to other dating websites. Match.com didn't have anyone intersting, e-harmony has plenty, but no one I like, datetallmen.com is pretty good, but cougarlife yielded about 800 e-mails since June, 2010. Problem is I'm picky and looking for a few dates w. different guys to turn into a relationship. Met a great one the other day, but the match wasn't quite right. Wish me luck!
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   newcougar +1 Votes
I have been a "cougar" (paying member) on this site for three months and have met a lot of young men from it. I agree that most are looking for nsa relationships. The definition of a cougar is usually an older, attractive woman looking for an nsa relationship. Therefore, these young men assume that the cougar sites are a means to having sex with someone more experienced without the "drama" afterward. All the men that I have dated have been gentlemen and I never at any time felt pressure from them to engage in sex. Nevertheless, I have. Many of the men I have sex with never contact me again A few keep in touch and we see each other maybe one or two more times. Much of this has to do with the fact that these men ARE young and very self-centered (by this I mean focused on their lives). It is very hard to find a young man who is ready for a long-term commitment and I accept that going into any date. This is not exclusive to a cougar site. Ive had many young men on a non-cougar site also contact me with the same expectations. It is true that the defintion of a cub is usually someone who engages in a relationship with an older woman for a period of time until the excitement for both of them runs out (ie., proverbally "boy toy"). Many of the "cubs" on cougarlife.com talk about their interests but doing activities together never materializes. To an extent, the cougar, who has the advantage because she is wanted, can shape the dynamics. If she insists on doing an activity, being wined and dined, etc. this is sending a message that we are more than just one-night stands or an experiment, but mature, sophisticated women who deserve respect. Decide what your standards are and stick to them. For example, I dont like crude or lude remarks, but I do enjoy flirting and innuendo. If a cub doesnt present a picture or profile, I dont even respond. I insist on chatting with a cub before I will grant them access to my private gallery or agree to date him. (I wish cougarlife.com provided a way to chat onsite as many others do.) Some scam artists are easy to point out and I report my suspicions immediately. If we each do that we will clean the site up for all of us. All sites have scam artists. Its the nature of the venue, unfortunately. I have found that a good way to separate the "wheat from the shaft" is to chat with them a bit. If they seem only interested in naughty pictures, talking exclusively and explicitly about sex, ask to see you on camera (whether or not they do the same) and then ask you to remove clothing or perform a sexual act, show you explicit photos of themselves without your requesting it, chat in a manner inconsistent for their age, express excessive devotion or a desire for a commitment after just meeting, consistently express a desire to meet but then always having scheduling conflicts, I immediately become suspicious. Yes, there are a lot of obstacles and, yes, each has happened to me multiple times but I have had many enjoyable enccounters. If you are looking to experience intimacy and physical pleasure, then a site like cougarlife.com is a great venue for finding this. My dates have all been interesting and have involved good conversation as well as sex. If you are looking for a meaningful relationship with a young man, I cant say you wont find it on this site but it is unlikely -- just as it is unlikely to find this anywhere else.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   newcougar +1 Votes
One more thing... I am on another cougar site as well, and I find cougarlife.com to be much more attractive. Its appearance is very professional and I find a lot more choices.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   Jackyl44 0 Votes
This response is to new cougar, and I hope you will see it. I agree with everything you say. I am a 34 year old male going through a divorce because my wife who is also 34 still thinks she is a cheerleader in highschool. We have kids together but the family life wasnt fun anymore so she would spice it up with with younger or older men that she would meet at a gas station. I am sick of women my own age and I am looking for someone that has her shit together. Do these women exist or am I just a retard????
 28th of Sep, 2010 by   JimmyNordon 0 Votes
I actually had an email exchange with a real live actual female - so i can vouch for at least one actual woman on there, out of the 40 or so that have reviewed my profile. We both had contact info hidden in our profiles, so we communicated that way, as i have no desire to pay for that site because it seems like 80% scam/20% real, if that much.

Outcome: She lives too far away (over 100 miles) and is more interested in a LTR while i'm looking for more of a NSA arrangement, so not so good for me. But she was real.

Overall: It seems like these women are looking for relationships and guys like me are looking to "get rid of the poison" and have a little fun in the process. I'm not sure why these women are so delusional to think they will find a "dream man" on a site that seems to be expressly for NSA hook ups, but read their profiles (the ones that seem real anyway) and they have more rules and regs than the military. WTF?
 13th of Oct, 2010 by   stayingyoung 0 Votes
I have to agree with New Cougar. I am a cougar on the site, paid for a month. Then stopped, but stayed on the site, then paid again for a couple of months, I am now what they call a guest. I meet just as many cubs (young Men) on the site either way, but I too like New Cougar do not answer anyone that doesn't have a pic, make sure I always talk or chat with them for while before I meet and only meet ones I am very interested in. I also have had ones that have tried to scam me, (so does my normal email everyday) and ones that have just wanted pics of me naked. But also have made some friends on the site, some that I talk with at least a few times a week. I have meet with 4 young men and each was a a NSA hook up, but that was what I was wanting at that moment. I am currenlty more picky as I am looking for the right cub to have a fun, shorterm relationship. I think that saying the site uses fake people isn't right, because there are alot of real woman and men on there looking for friendships, dating relationships, and fun times. I agree that your not going to find a LTR on this site, don't really think that is such a normal thing for cougar cub relationships... it just isn't realistic.
 15th of Oct, 2010 by   untypicalcougar 0 Votes
Why do so many people say you can't find a LTR on Cougarlife or any other personals site? And that it's impossible for a cougar and a cub to be in a committed relationship? I think it's completely possible IF both people are looking for it. The problem is that most guys out there want the benefits of a girlfriend without any responsibility or commitment whatsoever...as the post by Jimmy Nordon demonstrates - he slams the women for being "delusional" and having unrealistic expectations of finding a dream man...but come on, what about the men??? They all only want to get laid, and many are rude, crude, manipulative, and utterly selfish in the process...believe me, I've experienced that far too much. Women want to have fun, too, but they also want to be treated with respect and consideration, not like a piece of meat to be used and discarded without a second thought. JN is wrong to say that Cougarlife is expressly for NSA hookups...that's just buying into the stereotype that the older woman/younger man combination is only about sex. I would love to be involved with a much younger man...if I could find him. I'll keep looking, on Cougarlife and elsewhere.
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   Intellectual Insurgent +2 Votes
Sorry, but while there may be a good number of real people on the this site, I'd say that the ratio is very, very small.

Most of the women's profiles are most certainly fake and cross posted to other if not copied directly from other websites with the exact same names, profile descriptions, and titles. You can verify for yourself at ashleymadison.com. Sign up there and do a side by side comparison of matches in both sites. You will find the very same people in each. What are the coincidental odds that everyone in my area happens to be on both sites, with the same names, the same descriptions, and the same titles?

In fact, I'd even go so far as to suggest that the people who have posted positively about this site are also working for the site. It seems that they selected their usernames specifically to reply to this post on this website.

Do not under any circumstances hand over your hard earned money to these scammers.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   treme +1 Votes
Hello!

I have guest-status on cougarlife. I've signed up two or three days ago. 3 nice ol'chix messaged me allready. I could just read the first message, for the rest I've to become a paying customer. So I posted my Emailadress in my profile - and a clear explanation that I will never become a paying customer as long I don't know if there are real people on the site - all they have to do is to write few words on my emailadress. I am so sure, its all scam. It's so obvious! A service which demands you money just to send messages, that isn't serious stuff. I know other dating site which have vip-status and so on - but for your money you get things like extended favorite-list, your messages will appear on the mailbox' top, your adress is validated and so the chance raises you're not a fake - what other users find very cool. But messaging MUST be for free - everything else is no serious business.

Btw, if there is a nice cougar: I'm 26, from Switzerland and my Emailadress is on the profile of treme on cougarlife ;D

Regards
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   angelogcs +2 Votes
I'm a male who has been using this site for about a month now and I have to say it is a scam!!! It might work for the ladies if a guy messages them, but a woman messaging a guy? All the "messages" I get are from women with no information on their profile. And I do specify they need to have information in their profile before contacting me.
...anyway. I'm a male in my early 30's looking for a nice, mature asian or white lady. Houston, TX. @hotmail.com
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   Asterion +2 Votes
I have been bitten by the same problem as the original author of the thread. I think too some of the responses miss the point. If a couple of lonely ladies find a match, good on you. But why have an unattended phone line forcing people, some internationally, to ring to cancel an automatic transaction unless you intend to fraudulantly extend the payments. Complain here, complain to your credit card vendor. Have them require websites using their payment services observe a basic ethical protocol - join online, cancel online.
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   Martin Dubois +3 Votes
The site is a total scam, relying on classic bait-and-switch tactics to get your $45. Your profile will get a few messages from 'interested' women which you need to pay to read. When you do pay and respond - voila - not a single message will be returned (or even read, mostly) !!!
Then when you call to cancel, these scammers will only be available 'by phone from 9 to 5. Get it ? They will take your money online at any time, but to cancel you must call!! Then, after cancelling, your credit card will still be billed AGAIN by 'CL Media'...
Enough complaints to the Canadian OCA will be the only thing to stop these scammers.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   Richard Toll +2 Votes
Cougarlife is a total scam - they use advanced screening to identify new members who haven't yet upgraded and members who's 'premium' status has just expired, to bombard them with 'replies' they must pay to read!!
When you get sucked in and waste your money, voila- not one of those 'replies' ever responds.
They also copy profiles off Ashley Madison to make their listings look better. You have been warned, now its your money to waste on this scam-site.

Identity-Fraud