Club Pogo

Wrongly suspended!

I had my Pogo account suspended as it was said that I had used an inappropriate word. The word was incorrectly spelled and was not one I have ever used. Either this was an accidental typing error (I don't recall exactly) or the person who reported me was being malicious. I contacted EA games to explain and only got a standard reply with no evidence or a full explanation. I was a member of Club pogo for some time and even set up a league a few times, but due to one nasty and disruptive pogo player (non-member I might add) I had to shut them down. Pogo did nothing whatsoever about this player, who had spoiled everything for a lot of my league members, this person had used foul language on more than one occasion, but nothing was ever done about this. Due to all the above, I decide that I would not renew my Club Pogo membership as I feel they failed to listen to me several times and did not answer me fully or try to rectify any of the situations. I had made many friends on Pogo, and sadly I have lost contact with quite a few due to this dispute I have with Pogo. I don't feel that I should pay for a service that treats you so badly, yet allows non-members to abuse and disrupt an otherwise pleasant place to meet new people and have fun.

In closure, I strongly recommend Club Pogo, find someway of making sure they look after their members properly and provide proof of any given complaints.
Complaint comments Comments (137) Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Lottery Scams
Was the above complaint useful?

20th of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes

Pogo Pinochle Games - no response to pogo games

I am so disgusted with the Pogo Pinochle games. Half the time I can't get into a game and then my cards won't pop up when I click on them. I just renewed my Pogo membership, but am thinking about cancelling it as it is useless the way it is now.
 10th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Club Pogo - Loss of rank!
club pogo
New York

In bowling i had a rank of 30 and then i lodded on today it was only 26 i know this isn't a major complaint but i have to bowl 20 games to get one rank so i would like this fixed please thank you.
 26th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
i had trouble getting in for 3 days then when i finnally get back in i lost tokens before i couldnt get back in i had over 1 million tokes now i only have 8900o? whats going on here ?its not worth the money if u lose ur tokens u had !!!!!
 28th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
im a member but can not get to your sight what do i do
 28th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
im a member but i can not go to my sight what do i do
 28th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
im a member but can not go to my sight what do i do
please help me
 28th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
i became a member on 10/1/07 with 2 weeks free trial i can not go to my sight please help me
 8th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with NOT support Club-Pogo any longer! I was being harassed in a game and I told the player to STFU... I got barred from pogo for my language, yet they get to keep their account? After maliciously causing havoc and making hate remarks against Gays/Blacks??? Ironic eh?

Well I have been a paid member since 2003 - until today. I canceled my account along with the other 4 account in which I pay for (My little brothers, my little sisters, my moms, my brother in-laws and my own) Thats over $350.00 in account fees not counting the hundreds in which we would spend for Gems, that POGO will no longer get from us. In all actuallity - For barring me for such small stuff compared to the greater threats and curse words used on Pogo's site by many members.... In a 5 year span looking on at those rates, Pogo will lose approximately $3,000.00 from my bank account alone... Not counting the 17 friends I referred... as they have canceled their accounts as well..

Here's a note to those of you who work at Pogo - Good word of mouth from one person will gain you gain you 10 new accounts in a 6 month period... Bad word of mouth from one person will lose you more than 200 potential customers per year... - National Statistics of Business Reviews 2007

Thanks to those of you to whom I've made friends with on pogo - but no thanks to you (rosenthalles & orcardlily) for reporting me after you continuously bragged about hating gays/blacks on the site.
 24th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
i play a guy the 4 22 2008 an he report me because i beat him 250 to 100 an he say i had a cheat program an i did not have a cheat program my rating was 2244 on screem name dominateplayer now it back to 1500 his screem name is birkhillplayer i would like to have my rating back at 2244
 24th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
screem name dominateplayerp i met
 24th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Pogo - no response to pogo games
Phone: 4434495879
internet explorer

pinochle games in pogo is not working again..every time i try to play the game of pinochle, it never lets you enter the game or it freezes up on you and stays that way. this is unfair as a paying customer, i deserve to play the game i choose, without delays or interruptions. is something wrong with the pinochle game..and the spade game is doing the same thing..what's up? or money back please.
 11th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
the week of May 4th I ordered a slingo to go game from pogo, I paid with credit card, sale went through and now I don't know how to access it, especially when I'm offline, I should be able to play offline. My money I paid ($19.95) was taken and now I want the game. I've paid for other games that I never did receive, and is there some way you can check that? games I've paid for and didn't receive? my offline games I have are peggle, and mahjong deluxe. thanks, Patti Kuka
 17th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I see some many complaints on Club Pogo anymore and alot about players winning the jackpot and Pogo saying they cheated and that player not getting their money. Pogo has to make so much from all the people who may for the service and yet to get out of paying out they use the same old line "you cheated", myself I have so many problems with paying my service and then all of a sudden not being able to play games and of course they would try to say it was my computer. Calling them other than emailing them is worse every person I talked to was rude and didn't seem to concerned about my problems, so I have decided to not renew when it expires and I have about 10 other friends doing the same thing as I.
 24th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
We had this guy coming into our room's calling us all kind's of name's like moron stupid ass and so and so on
I got mad at him and I did call him a fag.which I know was wrong.But some of the name's some people use for thier pogo name's is worse then that.I was banned forever from pogo, I was with them about five yr's and had over 9 million tokie's I tried to tell pogo what happend but they would not listen.pogo call's these type of people TROLL's that go from room to room causing trouble and then leaving, Why doesen't pogo ban them ?
 31st of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
pogo does not protect the club members. my account was just suspended today and i was the one that made the complaint about vulgarity in the lobby. this irks me as pogo is not listening and ignoring the issues at hand. when you want to contact them they dont even have a telephone number that you can call which stinks. i have been a paid member for five years and i will not give pogo another dime for this gaming site again. i will inform others about the recent pogo escapades. pogo has now become as bad as msn zone.

if anyone has the pogo telephone number i would like to have it
 8th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Pogo does have a phone number...
Electronic Arts
Employees 2, 100
Phone: 650-628-1500
Fax: 650-628-1413
Redwood City, CA
I hope this helps some of you I don't even bother to contacy support online anymore I call then.
 16th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

Club Pogo - Length of time waiting for games

Whenever I first log in on my Pogo games, it takes over a minute for them to finally appear - after all of the teensy-weensy other little things I have use my mouse on, I have to keep going back and forth turning them off and on, before the games finallly become un-frozen - I am TIRED of this!!!
 25th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I completely agree with Peter. My mother won a prize (ipod) through Pogo and was accused of cheating in Word Whomp...a game which she is particularly quick at.
My partner also won an Ipod a few weeks beforehand, just after Pogo UK began, and sure enough, we got an empty box through the post, which no-one seemed to be able to do anything about, either Pogo or Royal Mail. I've seen so many comments and had so many discussions with other players regarding this situation that I'm starting to wonder if anyone actually receives prizes or whether an odd few are sent out just to keep things ticking over?
I've given up on entering the prize draws and such now, as I expect, like my mother, I will also be accused of cheating in word games.
Congratulations Pogo. Somehow you still manage to keep going strong, even though, if you audit yourselves, you might find some "cheating".
 31st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have not been able to get any of my pogo games for the past 3 days. WHY?

Electronic Arts (EA) Logo Electronic Arts (EA)
Customer Care Service