logo

King Soopers
Abusive to Employees
4. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
indian fortune teller scam
psychic scam in melbourne, beware!!
5. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
CROYDON DENTAL
The rep was rude and refused to make the appointment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

12806 Murphy Road
Stafford, Texas
Phone: 866 756-CCTV
closeoutcctv.com
I decided to order a 16 channel DVR for my security camera system on my home. So I did some searches and checked pricing and found a good deal at closeoutcctv.com, so I thought. Well I ordered it and it took about a week to get.
The night it came I opened the package to check it out and discovered pieces of dripped food all over the DVR. At this point I knew everything was going to go down hill and it did. I also discovered as I took it out of the box that the case had scratches all over it, it was a mess.
So I emailed and emailed and emailed with no response. Finally I called and got a man named Patrick who told me he would build a new DVR and ship it out right away and also email me a shipping label with a RMA so I said fine. Well I waited about three days and stated emailing and emailing and emailing to find out where my shipping label was. The only way I got a response was by calling my credit card company and disputing the item as damaged.
Then he started to send the label for shipping with a wieght of three pounds on it, the DVR weighs 19 lb. Then he said I better cancel my dispute or I want see a refund for 45 days. I think Patrick has issues. Beware of this company they will waste your time.

Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Aug, 2009 by   buckeye1 +1 Votes
WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!

What a complete waste of money and time. I bought a DVR for our coffee house and it had issues from the start. Our computer technician reccommended this place and now feels terrible about it.

When you could get someone on the phone (normally you get shoved into a mailbox or put on hold for extreme periods) they were completely complacent and not worried about your problem. I was told that after two months of trying to diagnose the issue, that they would replace the hard drive and I sent them my unit only to get an actual hard drive from them. I guess I was supposed to open the unit and install it myself!

When I tried to get my unit back (since now all I have is a hard drive) I was met with very sarcastic people (Patrick and Mike) who I was transferred to when I asked to speak to a manager. I don't even know how to dispute this since I am never actually able to talk to someone other than these two people who caused the miscommunication in the first place. They transferred me to "the owners" mailbox which is nothing more than a recording with an extension number. I plan to dispute through my credit card and inform BBB of this incident.
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   Fredrick Jackson 0 Votes
I hate this service do not buy anything from these people I bought a $1699.00 camera pkg. The camera's was hooked up for one month and the hard drive messed up I got a rainbow screen I sent it back on 11-16-2009 and it is 1-4-2010 and I have not got it back yet and Patrick has told me twice he would ship the DVR the next day this people are scammers DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR SYSTEM IT IS YOUR FAULT NOT THERE'S STAY AWAY FROM CCTV CLOSEOUT.
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   apptx 0 Votes
I am a little too late to read these comments but their customer sucks when we need to return something. I sent back a camera and never got credits back to my account. I am sending a dispute my credit card company now.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   Luxor Direct / Closeoutcctv.com -1 Votes
In attempt to reach out to the customers that have had issues in the past we would like to try and resolve any issues you have. We have let some issues with a few customers become a serious problem. Please feel free to contact me to help us gain a better understanding of your complaint and we will find a resolution that we will help improve your image of our company.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience through this website.
Our email support@luxordirect.com.
Our toll free number 866-756-2288 ext. 104.
Please ask for me, Mike.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   CloseoutCCTV.com -1 Votes
I found these guys online, but I also searched their name and found these bad reviews. I decided to order anyway, in the hopes these reviews were just rare cases. One of my cameras did not work, which happens with other companies once in a while too, so I called and set up a replacement.

I very much appreciate the way they helped me when my camera arrived non functional. they were fast, professional and followed through on their word to get me a replacement ASAP. Pat M. in Tech Support was excellent on the phone. He walked me through things I should do before returning the camera and I had a list of everything I had done before calling which included his ideas and even more testing to be certain I was having a true problem and not something dumb on my end. (It can happen)

The new camera fired up immediately and I can honestly highly recommend that anyone looking for a color security camera take a look at the CL-69SH. It has incredible night vision and the spec sheet on their web site does not name half of the features the camera has. It is absolutely the most adjustable camera I have installed yet. It works, and it works VERY well. I have sold and installed security and camera systems for years and this one was for ME. Now I know what to show to anyone that thinks they can find better, and prove that is just wasted time. Wonderful product, great service. I could not ask more.

Steve Lacey
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   CloseoutCCTV.com -1 Votes
The previous comment was a quote from an email we received from a customer. We posted the quote after asking for permission from the customer.
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   Dusty Colvard 0 Votes
I did not notice any bad reviews about Closeout CCTV before ordering from them about 6 months ago and I am glad I didn't because it probably would have influenced my decision to purchase from them. I ordered a DVR from these folks and it worked great. Since then we have ordered 2 additional DVR's and we are in the process of ordering 3 more DVR's and 32 cameras. I have much had a lot of success with their equipment and will continue to purchase from them as needed. As far as support goes, it was a little slow getting a hold of someone on the phone, but I have been able to get in contact with someone with their live support and they were very helpful. We even had an unusual requirement for one of our systems needing 6 months of recording time and the tech I spoke with was very helpful in helping me calculate the correct amount of storage space and recording quality to achieve this.

Dusty Colvard
Tehachapi Hospital
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   CloseoutCCTV.com -2 Votes
More quotes from unnamed customers:

"Every technical support representative I have talked to has always been very helpful and have always gone above what was expected."

"Patrick was great. I never had a tech support call that wasn't frustrating, Patrick got everything figured out and took it all in stride and a sense of humor."

"If I dont get to say this in any other part of this survey Eric WAS AWESOME I have worked with him a few times in the past and he is one of the most consistent sales/tech i have dealt with."
 24th of Jun, 2010 by   l.ace +2 Votes
I received my system on June 1 and returned it June 2. I have been calling this company and at first actually spoke to Brandi, who said they process on Fridays and I should the money back to my credit card on Wed. The next week I called again and sure enough it was another excuse, they said it was going to take now TWO weeks so i had to wait until friday and would see it wed (6/23). I'm still waiting and now when I call, Richard was instructed to send the calls to the Brandi's voicemail. Just give me my money back!!! this is ridiculous. by the way this number:
Our toll free number 866-756-2288 ext. 104.
Please ask for me, Mike.

HANGS UP WHEN IT GOES TO THE EXTENSION!!!
 20th of Jul, 2010 by   Cermak +2 Votes
Terrible customer service. Our camera lens has been "backordered" for 4 weeks. I've tried calling them 8 times, but only got to a real person twice. Both promised to find out what was going on and call me back. They never have. I had to go to my credit card company to dispute the charge. Shop elsewhere.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   mp99 +2 Votes
well i was just about to order ...glad i checked the company name before ordering!

Thanks to all that have warned us!
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   Digglery +2 Votes
Bought an 8channel system, called in to get help setting it up and sat on hold over an hour and was hung up on. Sales people sounded like they had no idea what they were doing. Stay away from this company I wish I had.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   Neil Miller +2 Votes
Im glad people are reading about how mike and patrick treat customers. I also see i wasn't the only one screwed by these jokers.
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   Richart +2 Votes
The WORST business I have ever dealt with. Do NOT buy from these guys. They sold me a damaged camera. I tried to return it but they do not answer calls. They put me on hold 10 times (each time over an hour!) and then they disconnect the line EACH TIME! I cannot reach them for my RMS or RMA whatever its called so i can return the camera and get my money back or a credit. The sales guys are RUDE. The emails i sent to their "customer support" get bounced back. Absolutely THE WORST.
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   safiox 0 Votes
CloseoutCCTV is a nightmare. Where should I begin: Quality of the products they sell is horrible. DVRs we purchased - all of them loose connectivity on a regular basis - DVR simply stops responding - after contacting tech support, they recommended that we just turn it off and then back on each time!!! Come on, really?? That's the way you fix a problem? No firmware update, no unit replacement or fix. One of our DVRs from time to time screws up the data. This is really a big problem, because when we need to look up something - we just can't go to the date and time we want, this is the crucial part, this is the purpose of the DVR - to record and retrieve video - if nothing else works, this has to work 100%. Tech support recommended HDD replacement, we did (our cost). The issue persisted, so obviously it was a DVR problem. They refused to replace it or repair it because it was out of warranty at the time we came to conclusion the DVR was the problem (uderstand, that it takes couple of months to record 2 TB of video + the problem happened occasionally, so by the time we were sure where the problem is, the DVR was out of warranty. The best they could come up with was a (ridiculous) discount for a new model DVR (the old one had been discontinued meanwhile) . Tech support sucks. Don't event bother sending an email, I doubt they ever check it. I have never received a reply. Phone support is a nightmare: long wait times (last time I called - 30 minutes!!!), sometimes the call just drops, if you leave a voicemail, no one gets back to you. It is such an aggravating experience to deal with them. I have experienced excellent, good, average and poor customer service with many companies I have dealt with. Closeoutcctv's or Luxordirect's or Skycam'sis is worse than poor.
To sum it up: Stay away from this company! Please!!! Don't support this business by buying from them. It's a shame, not a business.
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   safiox +1 Votes
This company sucks big time. Poor quality products, horrible customer service. Waste of time and money. Buyers, stay away!!!
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   johnbraica +1 Votes
Just received a 4 camera DVR ups. System unit is USED and scratched. No cameras in the box.

I immediatly called my CC company, canceled payment.

BE WARNED this looks like a shady company !
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   ghuff1 0 Votes
What was the ridiculous discount they offered on the new DVR?
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   safiox +1 Votes
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   Joedoggz 0 Votes
Recently purchased 8 channel system and received a 4 channel DVR with no cameras!!! Apparently the company "moved to Florida". Thats what I was told when I inquired about all the errors in shipping. I was transferred to tech support for a return and stayed on hold for an hour++ without getting any help at all. This compnay sucks and they're business practices are shady. Please shop elsewhere. Also anyone with a complaint please post I know I can't be the only one out there that is getting screwed over by these people.

Don't Get Caught In Modeling Scam!

Latest Groups