logo

ClassMates.com

Posted:    Oliver

Scam

Classmates.com
I recently resigned up to the free side of Classmates.com. One day later, while checking my credit card online, I saw a mysterious charge to SHopping Essentials. I phoned the number associated with the charge and was passed off to numerous "associates" who all refused to tell me just who they and their company was. They said they had no record of my name or phone number. They asked me to verify myself by giving them my credit card number! When I balked at that, the guy (Carlos # 18228) scoffed that they "already had the number" because they charged me. So I said to read me the number and I would tell them if they were correct. He refused and said they couldn't do that. To dispute the charge, I was told to fax him a copy of my credit card bill showing the charge! I told him that I was calling my credit card company and cancelling the charge. I did that but also had to cancel my card and will have to wait a week to 10 days to get my new card. I also have to deal with juggling a few automatic payments that are on the card. I never gave my credit card number to Classmates. How did they or their 'partner in crime' get it? No fine print on a terms of use blurb should allow for stealing a credit card number! That, my friends, is still a crime!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jul, 2009 by   dianev 0 Votes
This Classmates.com IS some scam!!! They lure you in with a one-time fee of $15, then before you know it - you're being charged every month. As a few of you wrote - there is no way to contact them via phone.. as you only receive a recorded message & then it diconnects you... BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO is notify your bank as soon as they take your money. Your bank is on YOUR side. If more of us take this action immediately - perhaps we can put these crooks out of business.

Diane V.
 11th of Sep, 2009 by   joe 0 Votes
WWW.MYLIFE.COM...WWW.REUNION.COM ...WWW.MYLIFE.COM

I am an attorney researching the business practices of WWW.MYLIFE.COM, WWW.REUNION.COM and WWW.MYLIFE.COM . I am interested in their practices as it relates to the unauthorized SCRAPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS BOOKS.

Pending my review, consideration of legal action shall be evaluated. I located your complaint from a google search of all those complaining about reunion.com and my life.com . Any information you may provide would be helpful so as for me to understand the issues, but response should not be considered as developing an attorney-client relationship. I merely need to obtain information.

Here's a few questions:
1) Did you join the dating portion of these sites and have any issues and concerns?

2) were you enticed to visit any of these websites after an email came to you, appearing like it was from a friend, inviting you to join?

3) do you feel the terms of service and privacy policy noted on the site explained what exactly they were going to do to your email addresses?

4) Were your email address contacts emailed an invitation to join after receiving an invitation which claimed you sent them the invite?

5) how has your involvement damaged your reputation or any finacial losses?

6) Were you contacted by any other companies associated with any of these sites claiming that you had joined their site also, being sent marketing info from companies, ASKING FOR YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER, OR RECEIVING MONTHLY CHARGES TO YOUR TELEPHONE BILL?

So as to support my interest and qualify my identity, I would refer you to a few of my recent cases I filed, so that you can confirm that I do represent individuals in internet privacy matters. Google my recent cases:

lane v facebook,
valentine v nebuad
simon v adzilla
slater v tagged.com

Once you locate these cases, review the atorneys noted, and then confirm I have the same email as the attorney noted on the lawsuit:

"Attorney Joseph H Malley
malleylaw@gmail.com"

Please feel free to contact me in confidence to discuss any issues. As noted at this point I am merely researching and discussing complaints to determine if there is any allegations of merit.
Thanks
Attorney Joe Malley
1045 N ZANG BLVD
Dallas, Texas
Phone: 214-943-6100

email me back at: malleylaw@gmail.com

5 Tips on Finding a Real Estate Agent