FREE gift wasn't free

Claire Klein
I went to arvest.com and a survey popped up. It said to take this 30 sec survey and get a free* gift. So I clicked on it, assuming it was some promotional offer, but it said all I had to do was pay shipping and handling. So I ordered my husband a pair of sunglasses for Valentine's Day, thinking I got a good deal even if they weren't the best quality glasses. I received an email confirming my order and it said I could expect to receive my shipment within 5-7 business days. We still have not received the order, which I placed on Feb. 6, but they are now charging me $98.99 and claiming it was a "trial" offer. I have sent 3 emails because you cannot call their 877 number. I was on hold for 17 minutes and then it said "extension 000 could not be found" and my call was lost. I'm going to try to file a complaint with the BBB, but we will see if they can do anything.

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful?

15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I got scammed by this same survey. I went for the 70 dollar neclace and just had to pay 1 dollar plus 3.99 shipping. Have not received necklace and now a charge for 95.00 has shown up on my debit card account. How can we get the word out about these guys? I will do anything to shut them down. It is a scam. Claire Kleins phone number had a message that said "We are closed thursday and friday for Thanksgiving please try back on monday". This was today Feb 15th. Nice Thanksgiving day break I'd say.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
These crooks need to be taught a lesson! I am a Consumer Class Action Attorney and we are always looking to go after crooks that take advantage of consumers this way. We need people who are willing to stand up and be class representatives and help others who are being cheated but are afraid to do anything about it. We never charge our class action clients any money whatsoever. My email is Chris@CLBrownLaw.com. Please contact me if you are interested into looking into this further. Thank you.

CL Brown
 16th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I also got scammed !!! They sent the wrong necklace for my girlfriend (not the one in the picture or ad)and charged me $95.00 What a rip off!!!
 16th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I also got scammed! Necklace came today and looks like it came out of a cracker jack box. Actually got a representative on the phone, but he just was the icing on the cake. Says to email the support email so they can refund the 95.00 that was taken out of my account 2 days ago. I have sent three emails, with no response.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I also got scammed! THere was a pop up on computer to take a 30 sec survey and you would get claire Klein heart necklace for $1 and a disaster aid kit also for $ 1 and I need to pay shiping $ 8. Total deduction $10. I ordered it on Feb 09' 2010 and came to the very same day that it is a scam. Hence, I cancelled my order for both the products on Feb10'2010. But I came to know that my order has been shipped already. When I call their customer care numbers. ie., 877 240 9712, they put me on hold for 15 minutes and then hang up. In addition, I sent emails also with no response. According to the terms and conditions, if I would not able to ship these products back to them by Feb 18' 2010 stamped with post office stamp and product's RMA number. THese people will deduct $ 95 for Claire Klein heart necklace and $100 for Disaster aid kit. So, before they deduct more money from my bank account, I will withdraw all of it and will cancel my overdraft facility. I think that would a lesson to these crooks.

Anamika Aggarwal
 17th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. A popup came up to take a survey for a "free" gift and I chose the heart necklace. Not even 10 days later they charged my account 95.00. Now I have to admit that their terms do say it is a trial and you will be charged in full for the product if you don't cancel within 10 days. Of course, I didnt read that. They did not wait 10 days. I had not even received it in 10 days. I got it on the 11th day. It is not even worth 95 cents let alone 95 dollars. I too sent the email and it says on their website, you will get a respone in 24 hrs. That was yesterday morning over 24 hrs ago. No response. I called their cust service number. After calling for several hours and getting several different messages, I did get a rep. They said it could take 48 hours. I have sent several emails to no avail. I don't even know how to go about reporting them to anyone or what to do. If anyone has had luck in reporting them, or knows what I can do, please let me know. Email clhclcclo@gmail.com. Please no more scammers. I have learned my lesson.
 19th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
It seems that Claire Klein stole all of our money! Is there anyone who knows how can we pursue our rights? Is it possible to refund our money via bank account?
As far as I know, they charged only extra $95? Is there anyone charged more than additional $95?
 19th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I purchased some jewelry for $3.99 +$ 1.00 for shipping & handling I have not received the bracelet yet I just checked my account and I found that you charged my credit card $ 95.00 without my Approval. At no time was there any mention of this charge in your material on this bracelet. This unauthorized charge left my checking account with a insufficient funds charge of $30.00 THIS IS SCAM, I want my Money Back into my account. My Name is Robert Harn----E-Mail --rharn@columbus.rr.com
 20th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I also got scammed the same way for a piece of junk necklace which has cost me $134 after the $4.99 shipping and handling plus the $95 and an overdraft fee of $34. The necklace looks like it came out of a gumball machine.
Please tell your friends. This is a big scam and judging from all the comments they are making a ton of money at our expense. Daniel L Johnson 2-20-10
 20th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
you can report them to the BBB at www.bbb.com . claire klein is located at fernando dr. glendale, Ca.91204 if you have any money in your account you will be debted again for 100 dollars the only way you can stop this is to put a block on your account or cancel it . but if you do nothing they will keep debted your account! believe me they got me too!!!
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
has anybody recieve a refund yet? or should i just give up on trying to get a refund? help
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
i am also a victim. I complained to my bank and they are going to help me with the complaint and has temporarily returned my money while they process the claim. Bank of America is great . I am a snr citizen on a limited income. I also thought i was getting a free pr of earrings. I don't think they would fit my toddler granddaughter. I think the best way to start is to call the attorney general in your state. I found this site by accident. I thought i was going to register to win $ 3000.00 from Walgreens lol. Good luck everyone.(southilady67@yahoo.com0
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
 24th of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
 24th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I guess there are alot of us who have been mislead/lied to. I also got a popup of all places on my banks home page, imagine that! I went to my bank and had to cancel my card. At that time i did not realize this took place on my banks home page. They contacted the co. and was told i would have my money credited back but i don't know how because my debit card was cancelled. I would love for all of us to be able to have a class action lawsuit. Lets not let them win thats what their hoping for. We need to put the screws to them. A robber has more guts by doing so to your face, these people are cowards the poeple working for them are low of the lowest. They will some day have this come back to bite them in the ass.
 25th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I also was scamed by this so called company .The e-mail address they posted does not exist. I have tried to contact them with no soccess. Sondra
 25th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Claire Klein - Unauthorized debit from bank account
Claire Klein

I was offered a necklace for 1 dollar plus 3.99 S&H. 12 days later my credit card was billed for 95 dollars. I want my money back. Cancel this SCAM give a place to return this necklace and lets call it even. What were you thinking? Also, anyone who is reading, please call your credit card company and chnage you card number. Do not become a victim any more.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

Claire Klein - Unauthorized debit from bank account
366 broadway ave apt 503
Phone: 7738765553

i was told i would recieving the jewelry absolutly free and only pay shipping and handling. I choose the braclet for my boyfriend. i later found out that my checking account was not only charged the 4.99 but also an additional 95.00. in all it caused an overdraft that left my paycheck withheld. will not fall for it ever again.
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

Claire Klein - Refund
Rodney Rabel
402 Bison Ridge
Phone: 574-221-9253

The email about this company looked great and for only $1.00 plus $4.99 shiping and handling it was a great deal, I ordered a man's bracelet it looked great so I ordered one for my boy friend but never got that one a all but did have two payment of $95.oo taken out of my checking account I did not know that they were going to take $190.00 more for the bracelets it did not say any thing about that when I ordered the bracelets for if I had know that would have never made the order and now can not get Claire Klein to make it right. I called them and talked to some one that said they would send me a email and to write back to the email but I never got the email and now when I call no one anwers the call I just get told that I can not leave a voice mail and to go to support@claire klein .com. I work had for all the money I get and can not just losse this much money. I hope this can help get back my money and will never use Claire Klein again. Rodney Rabel
 4th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was also scammed by CLAIRE KLEIN, The necklace was soposidly shipped on 1/30 and I was billed the $ 1.00 for the product plus $ 3.99 for S/H. I then received the necklace on 2/11 and was billed $ 95.00 on 2/12. That was some trial period. I called the 877 number without any responce. I Emailed them on 2/16...no responce. I re-Emailed them on 3/2, and I finally received a reply on 3/3 that said..."we replyed to you on 2/18, and here is a copy of the email we sent". "UNFORTUNETLY your grace period has expired...read the terms & conditions" The necklace's quality is horrible. I had it appraised, it is worth about $ 20.00, and I was billed $ 98.99 in total. CLAIRE KLEIN SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS.

Contact Us