logo

Jack Laviano
Sold Me A Clarity Enhanced Diamond
2. (7 mins ago)
ship-stuff.com
The website is total waste of time
3. (8 mins ago)
ferouz atar jafari

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau, Los Angeles, California Complaints & Reviews - Overcharging for parking violation

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau Contacts & Informations

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

Posted:    valm

Overcharging for parking violation

Los Angeles, California
I submitted payment for a parking ticket before it's due date and because it was not received by Parking Enforcement until after the due date (forget the postmark date) I was accessed an additional $82.00 on top of the original $48.00. I called and complained as I am on UIB and I received a call back from a supervisor with a message on my answering machine after I waited for 3 days to hear from them. Not even a call back number! When I first called to complain about the initial citation, I was told that there was nothing that the Bureau would do about it. Now I'm being harrassed as they periodically measure the space between my car and the red curb. I know that the City needs money, but I pay more than my share to the City coffers and they are now looking for devious ways to collect more.
Valm
Comments United States Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Sep, 2009 by   la parking senforcement scam 0 Votes
Los Angeles Parking Enforcement is a SCAM! It has been known for a long time that this is one of the easiest ways for the city to make money, as most citizens dont contest the tickets because of time or money concerns. So Los Angeles Parking Enforcement officers issue fraudulent tickets all the time, it is a known and documented practice. While some of these tickets are contested, the majority is not!

p.s.
anyone who tries to give you "valid" reasons for working as a parking enforcement officer is full of it! these people enjoy doing this, they enjoy seeing other people's suffering.
 14th of May, 2010 by   Irritated-name was already taken, shock! 0 Votes
I sent a request to contest the parking citation in and was told I could not because I sent it too late - they said they received the letter to contest the violation one day too late. I find it very hard to believe my letter took TWO WEEKS to make it from Venice, California to their office in Los Angeles, CA. From now on if I ever need to contest a ticket, I will be sending it certified mail to ensure they received it in a timely manner. I suggest you do this too! I have serious concerns that the parking enforcement division is more concerned about making money than simply enforcing the parking rule.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   hee park 0 Votes
time to no stop am-5pm

i was parking drop girl before am how to not paid parking violation
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   MaybeBaby 0 Votes
I went to the Venice Post Office, this afternoon, (a holiday), and was told by a greasy man, that I have to pay $10 to park there. (It is very close to the beach) I have a p.o. box in the Post Office, but was not able to park in the post office parking lot, because there was a man saying he has a contract with the city, to charge people $10, when the post office isn't open. So, because I'm fortunate/unfortunate enough to live by the beach's post office, I have to pay $10 to use the post office box on holidays/weekends? WHAT A SCAM.

Phone Scam Seeks Donations