logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
rootandroid.com
Rude and negative emails from this company
2. (24 mins ago)
Sears / Craftsman riding lawnmower
Lawn mower will just stop running
3. (39 mins ago)

Cirro Energy

Posted: 2012-03-06 by    Blaure

Wrongful disconnection of service

Cirro Energy
I've had an account with Simple Power for the past 2 years as well as automatic bill pay from my bank. Apparently last month Simple Power went out of business and transfered all accounts to Cirro Energy. On Saturday, July 28th we returned from an out-of-country vacation to a temperature of 105, disconnected electricity, no alarm system, and a fridge and freezer filled with melted/rotten food.

I called and was told that I couldn't speak to anyone regarding the problem until Monday. As a result, we also incurred hotel bills. There was a 10 day notification letter from Cirro Energy in our mailbox dated July 26, 2011 stating that we had 10 days to pay our bill or the electricity would be turned off on August 5, 2011. HOWEVER, we can tell from our online account for our security system that it was deactivated when our power was turned off on July 23, before the mandatory 10 day notification letter was even typed. The TDU verified that the disconnection was received over a week ago. No efforts were made to contact us regarding their error in billing, and the "supervisor" who I was told would contact me ASAP regarding the problem still has not returned my 5 phone calls. I spoke with a Public Utility Commission representative and was told that Cirro/Simple Point is definitely at fault because 1)the automatic bill pay should have been seemless and 2)the requirement of a ten day notice of service disconnect was not followed. I'd like reimbursement for all expenses.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

The Cost of Summer Camp