QuickPay Service is terrible

A Chase customer has to use their QuickPay system to send a person to person payment. They can't do a simple wire transfer or ACH like every other real bank but rather they make the receiver set up an account in their QuickPay system. They ask a million questions and require user names, password and security codes. If you happen to forget either the password or security code and call customer service, you get this lame customer service department that can reset or delete the account you can't log on.

I will never become a Chase customer nor will I ever accept person to person payments from a Chase customer.
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks
Was the above complaint useful?

9th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Chase.com - Horrible service

Numerous issues. Card doesn't work sometimes. Their ENTIRE system is down right now. I have been stranded more than once because of them. Weird to see so many issues especicially with my money at stake. Time to get out.
 10th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
Chase QuickPay's login is VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Firstly, the user name has to contain numbers... secondly, if you forget the password, then the only way to reset it is to either have a security code (who the hell remembers a security code if they forget the password?)... or have an account number which isn't available unless you already log in. In short, there is no way to have Chase send an email with a password reset link if you forget your password.
 10th of Dec, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I don't like Chase's quick pay system to another Chase customer. BOA has a better system. But there are other good functions online with Chase bank, if you are a customer.
 28th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes

Chase.com - Fake devices

HackersHomePage.com sells fake devices, their offers look very professional and legit but once you receive your order you will be shocked how poor it is made…
 12th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
Chase quickpay is TERRIBLE! It seems to have lost my account because my written down passwords and security codes dont work. It seems to want to force me to use my chase credit card account for quick pay however it says my email address is already in use. HAA like I didn't know that. This system is retarded and I hope all the banks fail miserably because they can't do anything right.
 12th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
Just told my QuickPay sender to cancel and mail me a check. Most unbelievably cumbersome and unpleasant experience trying to re-enable an account which they tell me is 'locked'. The phone number they give doesn't even have any options for a quickpay account recovery. You have to sit through 5 minutes of BS only to discover there's no option for you. So you pound on the zero key for a while until some minimum wage halfwit from halfway around the world who has neither the tools nor the mental capacity to do anything about your situation comes on the line. That's how I want to spend 2 hours of my life. Thanks for completely alienating me, Chase. Good luck getting me to open those 3 unsolicited credit card offers that come in each week.
 4th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
The Chase Quickpay system is very frustrating for users who forget their password and or username (especially if you are not a chase bank member).

Their account recovery for passwords and user ID's is so unnecessarily poor in User Experience Design ( knowing this as I'm User Experience & Visual Design professional ) and I immediately was aware of the frustration when I could not remember my exact username and password.

In my case I couldn't remember both username and password so I could either try and guess the right username to the Custer Service Rep, or my account could be Deleted and start over!!! Yes, literally play a guessing game while on the phone with an agent that was looking at my exact username. ( I even came within a partial match and they still would not tell me the username)

I didn't hesitate to let them know that process was already a Security RISK! If I wanted to pretend to be someone else and some how knew the account holders email address I could potentially just DELETE HIS OR HER ACCOUNT without their knowledge, without having them even verify my identity. They do not even check for addresses, Social Security Numbers, linked Bank Account information, or anything else. They will gladly let you try and guess a username (without verifying identity) but won't let you have access unless you guess correctly. But they will gladly let you ERASE the account if you can't guess it, no problem at all!!! Very dangerous!

Very displeased by the service. Do yourself a favor and continue to use something like paypal. Much more secure, hassle free password recovery, and much faster in transferring funds.
 12th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
Chase quakpay took four times my rent, without authorization. It was set up and reviewed by them, and I clearly repeated no automatic. I was told after the first time taking out rent, they would return it and stop. But no, not returned and up to 2.8 k taken! 16 days of calls and rudeness. Criminal. Do not use.
 26th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
While it says people who are not QP customers can use the service, you cannot retrieve your password unless you have an account. Does that make sense?

Tried to set up a new account and after finally getting past all the odd account set up questions, it says my email address was already in use and reset the entire page.

If you really hate your friends, send them money this way!

Chase Logo Chase