Chase Bank

poor service

Tucson, Arizona
I have been checking the online banking system twice a day;and still this month I have close to 100.00 overfraft fees;one for only two dollars!This has never happened before;also in one branch here the teller told me I had to use online banking from now on and that she was only there to bring new customers to the bank;she also did not offer me the best programs on my cd's and did not inform me of all my options;the ones she did offer me seems to have worked better for the bank and not me.When I called to have at least one overdraft fee removed I was told the computer system could not be overided;although it had made mistakes and is not always accurate when I check it online.Also chase gouged my interest rate on my credit cards;right before the new restrictions on cedit companies went into effect.I am withdrawing all my money feom this bank-I feel it is a scam and a ripoff.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful?

9th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Chase Bank - Poor service!

I had special promotional rate with chase card and last month payment was late for 1 day, because, payment did not go through. (I mistakenly keyed one more digit on my checking account information), usually other company have a system that we can verify what we keyed in before final transaction, but obviously chase bank did have any of them and they charge me late fee plus returned check fee and also raise the interest rate.

So i decided to transfer my balance to other bank (bank of america). When i do the balance transfer i request more than the amount i owe to chase card. Its been now 14 days since they received money from bank of america, but they are holding my money and saying that they need to research where the money came from and they said it takes 30 days to to it. I really don't understand that they know that money was electronically transfered from other bank and why it takes so many days to refund money.

Basically, they are making money out of from customer's money. If customer late for payment for one day, they charge late fee and all other charges and also increase interest rate and when customer has credit balance, they are holding that money. (What a nice to way to do the business!). They did not even explain the procedure of the researching they are talking about.

Worst customer service ever! ( maybe this is how they make money!)

I hope everyone who reads this aware of how this company do the business.
 6th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
A man from India called me an American pimp and hung up on me. He said I was a miserable pimp. One of Chase's employees. This was after I got the large interest increase.
 26th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have had a checking account at Chase for more than a year and my complaint relates to POOR ADVERTISING and FEES CHARGED. I opened an account at Chase since an ad specified NO OVERDRAFT FEES and GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I was charged overdraft fees EVERY MONTH. Overdraft fees amounted to $35 per check and some months OVER $350 was deducted from my account. When I called Chase I was told that the check which was deposited DID NOT HAVE TIME TO CLEAR. The check was from US Life Disability and is MY ONLY INCOME SINCE I AM DISABLED. In addition to that, I have an account at Greenwich Bank & Trust for my Social Security disability and when I've tried to transfer money from Greenwich to Chase I'm told to ADD ANOTHER BANK. I've added Greenwich Bank & Trust MULTIPLE times and I'm STILL not allowed to transfer online. I've called Greenwich Bank & Trust and the only way I've been able to transfer money has been to WRITE A CHECK FROM MY GREENWICH BANK AND MAIL IT TO CHASE. I've done that MORE THAN ONCE and it's NOT CONVENIENT. I'm on a LIMITED INCOME and I DO NOT HAVE MONEY TO SPEND ON STAMPS.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Chase Customer service is the worst. you they haven't transfer my reward points to my new ATM account. and I keep calling and they still haven't done it, CHASE PROMISES STUFF AND SERVICES THAT THEY CAN'T KEEP THERE WORD TO. I HAD FRAUD DONE TO MY ACCOUNT AFTER TWO WEEKS OF OPENING ACCT WITH THIS BANK. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.
 5th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
95% of the people who complain about a bank is usually the ppl who dnt know how to administer their money and always complaining on how much the bank charges in fees and i agree, times are tough and bank fees are ridiculously high, but the bank wont charge a fee if u know how to take care of your acct and your register is always up to date.
 20th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
During the process of making an on-line payment today, Chase Bank's system froze during Authorize and would not let me print out the Confirmation information.

I called Chase Bank but after talking to four people, two of which had poor working telephone systems, (I was on the phone for approximately 30 minutes), the issue never was resolved. This was also at a bad time for me to be wasting my time on this.

This is not the first time I have had a problem with their Customer Service concerning Internet payment issues. One time they requested that I do something with the computer I was using and it actually made things worse!

Chase Logo Chase