logo

Chase Bank

Posted:    ohdee

Closing Accounts for No Reason

Chase Bank
I had a credit card with Providian Bank which was then transferred to WaMu... and then Chase took over WaMu.

I tried to charge $89 yesterday and was embarrassed to find out it was declined. I checked online and was over $1, 000 below my limit and my payment wasn't due yet so I contacted Chase.

That's when I found out my account had been cancelled in July! The reason? I was using up too much credit on my credit cards. So even though I'd NEVER EVER been late on ANY credit card nor had I EVER gone over my limits on ANY credit card, Chase canceled me.

I looked further online and saw a slew of complaints about this - mostly Chase and Amex. It's insane - why cancel people who have never missed (or was late on) a payment?!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Mar, 2010 by   Patricia Ann Williams 0 Votes
My name is Patricia Ann Williams: I had providian, then wa-mu and now chase. Last year chase closed an account with a credit limit of $10, 300. This year, I paid the account off($5005) dollars. I received a letter last week telling me they were closing another account with a credit limit of $7400.00. I Paid both of these accounts off in January of 2010. chase is not making any interest from me; so they closed the accounts. Called but got a lot of bull... The truth of the matter is my credit score is higher now than when I received these credit cards. Due to the closing of these accounts; I am sure my credit score will plummage. It's a domino effect: The government implements laws to help the consumer, but in reality it hurts the consumer. Obama don't have to buy his own shoes strings and has no idea what is going on regarding these credit card companies. They are ruthless and will probably continue these unjust practices. I am retired and on disability.
The government is a lot of talk and that's all.
I am very disappointed; but things will go on as usual(it's all a game) and the consumers suffer.
This is just wrong!!!
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   Patricia Ann Williams 0 Votes
My name is Patricia Ann Willams: I had providian, then wa-mu and now chase. Last year chase closed an account with a credit limit of $10.300.00. This year; I paid the account off ($5005.00). I received a letter last week telling me they were closing another account with a credit limit of $7400.00. I paid both of these accounts off in January of 2010. chase is not making any interest from me; so they closed the accounts. Called chase, but just got a lot of bull... The truth of the matter is my credit score is higher now than when I received these credit cards. Due to the closing of these accounts; I am sure my credit score will plummage. The government implements laws to supposely help the consumers; but in reality it hurts the consumers. Obama doesn't have to buy his own shoe strings and has no ideal what is going on with these credit card companies. What's the point of having credit card companies tell you how much it will cost you if you only pay the minimum. People are out of work and have no health insurance. Its a domino effect: The government come down on the credit card companies and the consumers get the backlash of what the government has done. These credit card companies are ruthless and will probably continue to be so. The government is a lot of talk and that is all.

I am very disappointed; but things will go on as usual(it's all a vicious game) and the consumers suffer. This is just wrong...
 13th of Sep, 2012 by   Hossien 0 Votes
Our chase checking account was restricted without any notice as well. We had this account for 13 years (started when it was Washington Mutual bank). I was an loyal  customer in every way, direct deposit two pay checks, home mortgage with chase, credit cards, ATM cards and the whole deal. All of the sudden they decided to close my account. When asked why, both by phone and going to their branch, I was told they can not tell me why. I will spread the news on face book sites and all my friends and family that Chase sucks big time.

The 3 Best Tips to Higher Credit Scores