logo

Mashreq Bank
Credit card Recovery Procedure
2. (33 mins ago)
Freelancer.com
I was stollen by freelancer.com
3. (34 mins ago)

CCBILL Contacts & Informations

CCBILL

Posted:    Heather

CCBill Scam

My debit card was recently frozen by my bank after they noticed suspicious charges on my card. Apparently, the company CCBill, which I had never heard of but discovered was some type of adult content payment company, had attempted to charge my debit account more than $200. I have never been on any adult content web sites, and the only web sites I have given my debit card information to are Amazon and iTunes. I still can't figure out how CCBill hijacked my account. What a scam!
Comments United States Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008 by   doesn't matter 0 Votes
did you bother calling the employees there. I had the same issue and it was a fraud transaction and they had taken care of it before i even called. Was to some stupid poker website.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Heather 0 Votes
I called Chase bank as soon as the fraudulent charges appeared, and they said they would put the money back into my account until the charges had been cleared up and a dispute form had been filed. A week later, I am still trying to get Chase to reverse the charges and they now claim that the charges weren't reported within 60 days (which makes absolutely no sense since I reported the fraud the day it happened). I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with CCBill since it seemed like such an obvious scam that the bank would easily recognize, but now I have no choice but to call them and attempt to get my money back from them. Hopefully this will be straightened out soon!
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   Martiooch 0 Votes
Me too on 12/1/08 for $39.95. When I gave CC Bill the transaction number that appeared on my bank statement they told me they couldn't search by that number and needed more information...like my account number. Right! Like I'm going to give them that.

I instituted a fraud claim, my bank credited my account the $39.95 and within 90 days if they find it was fraud it will be done with. I did have to cancel my bank card and get a new one issued.
 18th of Feb, 2009 by   bbskier +1 Votes
I agree with the other reviews. I canceled an account of mine on Feb 3 and still billed on Feb 5th. I contacted them after I received my credit card statement on Feb 18th and they refused to do anything. AVOID CCBILL, they will rip you off! Plus, I read on another review site, "This company is a total scam. Don’t believe me? Check out their Better Business Bureau complaints or those on Ripoff-dot-com. "
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by   Kenny +1 Votes
I can understand you
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   jay1983ox +1 Votes
I have also been ripped off by ccbill cc bill They refuse to refund my money even though i have provided all evidence.

All they reply with is: i fully understood there terms and conditions agreement and confirmed them on there site, therefore i am to blame

"how did i know of there terms and conditions if i have never used them or there site before!!!".

Ripped off and extremly angry
 18th of Jul, 2009 by   l21 +1 Votes
To the contrary of what most are reporting here, my experience with ccBill was very positive. Recently I encountered a charge on my credit card which I did not make, much less authorize. I contacted ccBill and was met with a very receptive and helpful customer service representative. Having researched the company somewhat, I was a bit skeptical about the responses that I would receive. However, I found the representative to be very helpful and informative. Further, I would characterize the phone conversation as quite informative. Not only was the person I spoke with understanding of the situation--by removing the charge (to be reflected on my credit card in 7 - 10 days) and blocking any further charges from being made--but by also giving me the e-mail account, the IP address, and the name of the person that made the fraudulent charge. What more could you ask for?

I checked my credit card account daily and found the charge removed on the 6th day after the contacting ccBill. Obviously, I did not rely on them to block future charges--I had already cancelled the account and opened a new one as soon as I learned of the fraud. But they did indeed remove the charge as agreed.

Now, there is a question of how my credit card was comprised and subsequently accepted by ccBill. However, since this was a second fraudulent charge in a several week period (the first charge being much different in nature and quite disrelated to the charge to ccBill, I do not believe ccBill is directly involved with either charge. Perhaps they could tighten their security, but according to the information I received from their representative, the person making the charges had the security code, so obviously who ever promoted my credit card number must have either gained access to the data of some earlier purchase elsewhere (I’ve never used ccBill) or acquired physical access to my card somewhere prior to the charges appearing. If the former is true, then one of the following must be the case: the secure mode of HTTP (https) is not as secure as we believe, the companies with which I’ve done business retain data on un-secure servers, or an employee of one of these companies is involved with fraudulent activity. At this time I do not suspect anyone at ccBill.
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   lucy_52 +1 Votes
39.99 was takin out my account for no reason, im pissed
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   lucy_52 0 Votes
this company should be sued
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   michael blake +1 Votes
CCbill are a very sus outfit and I also have a refusal to refund story re them after subscribing to an adult site which I never gained access to. Producing the evidence of my lack of access - communications with the site owner- produced nothing but rude dismissive behaviour from CCbill and after reading some of the above I am wondering whether they will in fact go ahead and cancel this subscription as I have demanded and they rudely acknowledge they will do.
everyone should complain to the sites that use CCBILL and insist that they use some responsible honest payment service
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   michael blake +1 Votes
CCBill have just ripped us off .no access to a subscribed site and no refund and no help or sympathy
I just hope they don't use our information to rip us off for more money.
Tell the sites who use these thieves to start using honest and reliable payment agents.
 30th of Apr, 2010 by   gottagonow 0 Votes
I used CCbill to process an order but after the process went through I discovered the product was not what it claimed to be and I within minutes contacted CCbill and told them I wanted to cancel the charge. I was told I should have read the terms and conditions because there are no refunds once an order has been placed. If they don't issue refunds, that should be the first thing a person should see before ordering anything through them. But no, it's listed as number 7 on their terms and conditions. They take advantage of the fact people just order without reading the terms and conditions. With all the complaints, they should be put out of business. They are located in Tempe, Arizona. Write to the Arizona Attorney General and also write to the U.S. Attorney General. These people should be exposed as soon as possible. I intend to be diligent with my efforts until I don't see them online anymore.
 27th of May, 2010 by   jacklondon 0 Votes
I agree completely with gottagonow. CCBill makes it very easy to "click and buy", but it appears that they do not screen the services they sell at all. I could set up a site offering, for example, job search assistance that was nothing more than a one page website with no content, and hire CCBill to collect payments. If people paid through CCBill to join my site and found out that there was nothing there, they would not be able to get a refund through CCBill. Period. No exceptions. They hide behind the "terms" of their service, which is a many page document of extremely fine print that you would have to scroll through to read and interpret a lot of legalese-speak. Granted, when you buy online it should be "buyer beware", but for a company to basically let anyone use their billing service for internet sales, and then telling the customers who get ripped off that they should have read the fine print, and that CCBill cannot be liable for the services they sell is outrageous. I get the feeling that CCBill sells on shear volume, and recognizes they will have a certain percentage of ripoffs, but they don't care because they have built this into their business model. Hopefully there will be some emerging reputable online charge services that will come along to knock CCBill out of their ripoff monopoly. Should be called CCBill ripoff or CCBill scam.
 30th of Jul, 2010 by   derlethaugust 0 Votes
While I've never had an actual fraudulent experience with CCBill, many of the sites & services they support are not, shall we say, "advertised as billed". Their customer service portal, interestingly enough, is designed with static fields which give the impression to any consumer that they would need every iota of information from any transaction or account they ever set up (no matter how far in the past, or irrespective of being able to look up easily through CCBill) to cancel said transaction or account. All in all a demoralizing experience...
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by   richman74 0 Votes
These yahoos ripped me for $39.95. I canceled but evidently not in the right amount of time. Pissed is an understatement!!!
 9th of Aug, 2010 by   hopeforthebest 0 Votes
i think MOST of you should be worried HOW they got your cc info.
yeah, they may suck at refunding, but they are not the ones who put in your information and card info.

YOU SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED!
was your identity stolen?
virus on your computer stealing CC info?
someone you know using your card without telling you??

CCBILLING does the processing, someone had to do the buying...

im not covering for this company, just trying to educate that you have a deeper problem at hand.
 19th of Feb, 2011 by   flamin 0 Votes
Has anyone pursued any lawyers against CC BULL? If so, whom and/or what type of lawyer should be used?
 6th of Sep, 2012 by   Drsteel 0 Votes
I was gotten for $16.95 3 times plus and over draft. I didnt see the charges till the day before one pay day and I couldnt buy coffee.
I was really pissed. I called Chase they said to call CCBILL I did. they gave me some BS about no refunds and that it was for an adult web site I have never heard of. Even more pissed I called chase back and have filed claims.

Tips for Last Minute Tax Filers