logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Magic loans
refusing to reply to messages left with them re-refund
2. (24 mins ago)

Catnapper Furniture

Posted: 2011-04-07 by    Mona Springett

Beware

Catnapper Furniture
Catnapper Furniture is Jackson Furniture out of TN. They are marketed on several online sites. I oredered mine from livingincomfort.com. They are also complicit in this complaint. They may even be in the scamming business together. I ordered the sofa On Feb 10th of this year and promised a 3 week delivery. It took almost 8. I have had the item LESS THAN 2 MONTHS! The 2 recliner ends are slumping and sagging toward the middle of the sofa, the padding on the footrests is non-exsistant and the bare plank board digs into your calves (esp the sharp corner). The upholstry on the pull-down middle (cup-holders, etc) is coming apart and the staples are exposed and has pricked us several times, so that we can't use it anymore, but it is hard to put back up the whole way because of the slumping recliners! LESS THAN 2 MONTHS OLD! I called both Living In Comfort and the manufacturer (Jackson Furniture). I am supossed to have a blanket 3 year warranty on most of the sofa and a life time on other parts. You guessed it - no one is going to honor it. The manufacturer says it it Living In Comfort's problem and Living says it falls under the manufacturer warranty. What a scam. Living does not even have a phone number to call them and they don't answer emails. Do not buy anything from Living and dan't buy a catnapper product from any source. Be warned!!
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Oct, 2013 by   ljames 0 Votes
Bought Catnapper leather sofa 4 mos ago. Recently found that the some of the threads on the seat coming apart. Called the furniture store (Conns) and they sent a tech out to check it. Tech advised that it was poor workmanship on the manufacturer. They advised that I call Catnappers. After talking to their (Catnappers) customer service reps, they advised that they do not honor their 1 year warranty! Conns does not back up the product either. Buyer Beware...
 5th of Dec, 2013 by   jackie krager 0 Votes
I got a lift chair august 12 the motor out I think I should get a new chair I'm 80 years old I need that chair now
 13th of May, 2014 by   Melinda Burch 0 Votes
We bought a Catnapper sofa and loveseat in 1994. We were really impressed with the quality of them, when our daughter got married 2 years ago we decided to give them to her and we got new ones. Hers are still in excellent condition, very little wear and operate smoothly. Our "new" sofa, loveseat and rocker recliner are JUNK. They are less than 2 years old and falling apart. The springs are breaking (we ARE NOT large people), the cushions are bunching up and the mechanics are not working. I have been back to the store and I have called the factory. I am told that I can fix it myself but that they can not do anything. Will NEVER suggest the brand to anyone
 24th of Jun, 2014 by   Lori Rose 0 Votes
We purchased the 3-piece Catnapper sectional in October, 2013. It came damaged, 3 months later, by the shipper, and had to order a replacement. We requested that it not be shipped by the same shipper, as it was "in shipping" for over a month, and was so badly damaged. Two months later, they sent the replacement, by the same shipper, and you got it, more damaged than the first time! Third round: we have waited for the third replacement for another 3 months, and Catnapper told our customer service Rep it was shipped May 15th. This is June 24th, no response, no options, and no sofa for the houseful of company we are expecting in the next few days.

Instead of replacing furniture, they should replace Supervisors!
 24th of Jul, 2014 by   Lori315 0 Votes
NEVER again will i buy catnapper furniture. We have had our furniture less than three years. Just send the couch to the dump and the love seat will go in a couple weeks. The leather is bubbling and peeling. Its not real leather as we were told, its BONDED LEATHER!! ITS JUNK!.
 26th of Aug, 2014 by   Veronica76 0 Votes
Our couch and loveseat is about 3 years old. Its total junk! the couch bubbled and peeled off, the loveseat recliner tore. There is nothing good about this company at all. Good luck getting ahold of them also!

Avoid Phishing that Claims to Be from IRS