Catnapper Furniture

Catnapper Furniture
Catnapper Furniture is Jackson Furniture out of TN. They are marketed on several online sites. I oredered mine from livingincomfort.com. They are also complicit in this complaint. They may even be in the scamming business together. I ordered the sofa On Feb 10th of this year and promised a 3 week delivery. It took almost 8. I have had the item LESS THAN 2 MONTHS! The 2 recliner ends are slumping and sagging toward the middle of the sofa, the padding on the footrests is non-exsistant and the bare plank board digs into your calves (esp the sharp corner). The upholstry on the pull-down middle (cup-holders, etc) is coming apart and the staples are exposed and has pricked us several times, so that we can't use it anymore, but it is hard to put back up the whole way because of the slumping recliners! LESS THAN 2 MONTHS OLD! I called both Living In Comfort and the manufacturer (Jackson Furniture). I am supossed to have a blanket 3 year warranty on most of the sofa and a life time on other parts. You guessed it - no one is going to honor it. The manufacturer says it it Living In Comfort's problem and Living says it falls under the manufacturer warranty. What a scam. Living does not even have a phone number to call them and they don't answer emails. Do not buy anything from Living and dan't buy a catnapper product from any source. Be warned!!
Complaint comments Comments (16) Complaint country United States Complaint category Furniture
Was the above complaint useful?
More Catnapper Furniture Complaints & Reviews
Catnapper Furniture - poor quality and unacceptable customer service

13th of Oct, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Bought Catnapper leather sofa 4 mos ago. Recently found that the some of the threads on the seat coming apart. Called the furniture store (Conns) and they sent a tech out to check it. Tech advised that it was poor workmanship on the manufacturer. They advised that I call Catnappers. After talking to their (Catnappers) customer service reps, they advised that they do not honor their 1 year warranty! Conns does not back up the product either. Buyer Beware...
 5th of Dec, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I got a lift chair august 12 the motor out I think I should get a new chair I'm 80 years old I need that chair now
 13th of May, 2014 by    +1 Votes
We bought a Catnapper sofa and loveseat in 1994. We were really impressed with the quality of them, when our daughter got married 2 years ago we decided to give them to her and we got new ones. Hers are still in excellent condition, very little wear and operate smoothly. Our "new" sofa, loveseat and rocker recliner are JUNK. They are less than 2 years old and falling apart. The springs are breaking (we ARE NOT large people), the cushions are bunching up and the mechanics are not working. I have been back to the store and I have called the factory. I am told that I can fix it myself but that they can not do anything. Will NEVER suggest the brand to anyone
 24th of Jun, 2014 by    +1 Votes
We purchased the 3-piece Catnapper sectional in October, 2013. It came damaged, 3 months later, by the shipper, and had to order a replacement. We requested that it not be shipped by the same shipper, as it was "in shipping" for over a month, and was so badly damaged. Two months later, they sent the replacement, by the same shipper, and you got it, more damaged than the first time! Third round: we have waited for the third replacement for another 3 months, and Catnapper told our customer service Rep it was shipped May 15th. This is June 24th, no response, no options, and no sofa for the houseful of company we are expecting in the next few days.

Instead of replacing furniture, they should replace Supervisors!
 24th of Jul, 2014 by    +1 Votes
NEVER again will i buy catnapper furniture. We have had our furniture less than three years. Just send the couch to the dump and the love seat will go in a couple weeks. The leather is bubbling and peeling. Its not real leather as we were told, its BONDED LEATHER!! ITS JUNK!.
 26th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
Our couch and loveseat is about 3 years old. Its total junk! the couch bubbled and peeled off, the loveseat recliner tore. There is nothing good about this company at all. Good luck getting ahold of them also!
 26th of Feb, 2015 by    +2 Votes
I bought a swivel Catnapper recliner for my husband...No. 1-took 8 wks to receive (insane), finally got it and is ok..I guess my opinion is any furniture store offers nice/good recliners...The Jackson Family have been around for generations & maybe at one time they had a standout furniture line/well constructed/quality etc...They need to wake and and smell the roses..No one wants or should wait * wks for anything anymore...Not worth the wait, there's to much competition for nice furniture in todays day and age...
 14th of May, 2015 by    +1 Votes
We ordered 2 Catnapper large rocking recliners. Came after 6 weeks but one was not the right color, an obvious mismatch. Reputable store we bought it from reordered the right color and it just arrived, right color but 8 1/2 weeks later. No manufacturer should take this long to deliver a product. That is standard and not custom. Especially since it was a manufacturer error.
 21st of Jul, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Catnapper Frazier recliner not acceptable! I should have looked at the back in the reclined position I guess. The back "leather" panel buckles out and you see wood frame, the back of the "leather" panel is unfinished tan fabric and you see white padding! It looks really junky. I realize it is a reasonably priced piece of furniture, but I still expect better. I will find a way to disguise all this but if I can do it, so can, and should, they!!
 17th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
Purchased a Catnapper Voyager power dual recliner from conns home plus (should name it con's) it broke in less than a month, replaced it with their recommendation, another catnapper mistake, manual recliner, it was also damaged, the left recliner mechanism sits on the floor, and both seat cushions sag from faulty springs. conns has sent 5 repair people out, and they stuffed foam padding between the springs and seat cushions, which didn't work because the springs sag...

Last repair dude bounced up and down on the seat, and pronounced that "it's fine, not broken." he weighs 140 lbs, I weigh 240 lbs. the springs are defective and should be replaced. They sagged in less than 2 months.

Buyer beware, as both conn's home plus and Johnson Furniture are ripping the consumers off.
 22nd of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I bought a Catnapper Sleeper Sofa from Davis Appliance and Furniture in Augusta Ga in May, 2015. The boards that hold the arm in place broke and every time anyone sits on the couch, the board scratches the floor. I have had the repairman check it and turn in his report to Davis Appliance Co. The repairman told me he could fix the couch better than it was but it would be up to Catnapper to decide whether to fix or replace. The arms are held together with two narrow pieces of particle board! The customer doesn't see that unless they have a problem and it has to be taken apart. Well after waiting a few weeks for an answer, I called Davis Appliance to see what the status was. The lady there told me the Co had denied a fix and we would have to wait for them to make another couch for replacement. She said it could take up to 12 weeks! I only wish I had checked for reviews on this Company before purchasing the sofa. This Company may have been in business for 75 years, but they certainly aren't reputable. I will never purchase another piece of furniture this Co makes. Davis Appliance tells their customers that this Co makes very high quality furniture, but I can't see that. They should be out of business. It seems to me that Davis Appliance could replace the sofa from one their inventory and not make a customer wait 3 months for a possible fix. So disgusted!!!
 22nd of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
Catnapper is junk do not buy!!!
I purchased my recliner a year ago and nothing but problems 1st several holes on the back of chair and where you rest your head the leather started to rub off then the handle snapped off as I was putting the foot rest down so I called the furniture store where I purchased the chair and I was told it would be fixed and had to wait for catnapper to send parts IT TOOK MONTHS!!! Finally got it fixed but now only a couple of weeks later the leather is pulling apart called the story and was told the warranty was up and need to call catnapper. My problem is the warent should not matter the section that is pulling apart is what was fixed just a few weeks ago. To many problems do not buy a catnapper
 27th of Sep, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I purchased a catnapper electric sofa in april 2015;upon delivery I found that the power units that lift the leg rest did not. work. I had the delivery personal return it to the store.The store had a new one sent out a month later. Upon arrival, when it was placed in my home I inspected it for damaged . I found the left seat cushion, and the frame were out of alignment. I had the delivery person return it to the store. A third sofa was delivered approx. one month later. Since this time the stiching has come loose in the center seat, the dye on the head rest is coming off, They store had a repairman replace the cover on the center seat.I guess i'll just have to live with these problem, s untill I get rid of this sofa. Mabey it's time for a class action suit. With all of the above complaint, 's I believe we qualify. Earl Anglin, Sept.27, 2015
 5th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
I purchased my catnapper recliner with heat/vibro massage...The heat/vibro stopped working and i called the retailer babcock furniture here in lutz florida...Because i had purchased a warranty agreement...They sent a tech out and he tightened up the loose reclining mechanism and put in an order for an ac transformer to power up the chair...Because the manufacturer (catnapper) had run the power connection out between the rocking mechanism and it was cut...Well they said it would take 4 to 6 weeks to recieve my transformer...I called and complained and the store was sent the "control head for the chair"!!! and the order was for a transformer...Now i have called both the store and the warranty company...Both of which decline responsibility pointing the finger at one another and finally at (you guessed it) catnapper furniture!!! which is like a ghost...Now the clock supposedly has been reset to 4-6 weeks... I place the blame at babcock furniture's door, as the retailer they are responsible for what they sale...And offering a warranty that you pay for does not release them from being responsible for customer satisfaction...
 5th of Nov, 2015 by    +1 Votes
My fiance and I bought the catnapper concord 143 series, through sofa sectionals.Com and it was the power reclining 3 set suit. The love seat, recliner, and sofa set. We ordered it January 2015, and was promised 4-6 weeks on delivery. We didn't receive anything until 6 months later, and went without furniture! Then, upon delivery, they only brought the love seat and recliner. We had to wait 2 weeks for my sofa! We didn't have it for not even 2 months, and the arm rests and sides of the recliner and sofa, we're falling apart, and they sent a tech out 5 times, and need him to come out, yet once again to repair them! He told us, it was poorly made, and was put together with just large staples, no wood glue or wood screws. He put extra glue and screws, to fortify it. When calling customers service, they were very rude.we asked if the repair tech can just fix it all at once, and fortify it- and their response was no, it has to be done, as it happens and when we make a claims report on it! We have a year warranty through them, but a lifetime warranty on the frame and motors. Doesn't make sense. We paid nearly 4000.00 straight out on our debit card-for 3 pieces of junk! And to think it's American made furniture! SMH!!! Something has to be done! I am ready to contact an attorney to get our money back as well as punitive damages... this is ridiculous!!!
 5th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Oh, by the way, it's not made of solid wood, it's made of cheap particle board! And we were told that catnapper factory in TN, went on strike, and they had to have it made over seas then shipped from Denver, Colorado to our residence in Ohio! Everytime we called, we got the run around! Talk about poor customer service... yet they had no pro lem taking our money! Please beware folks... Had I known this, before I bought everythig, I would have saved the headaches and hastle, on such ignorant people, and a crappy company! Grrrrr

Bare Bones Furniture Logo Bare Bones Furniture