logo

CardMember Services

Posted: 2011-03-07 by    brooke

Scam

Cardmember Services
I have received over 200 calls from card member services. The recorded message goes something like "hello, this is Rachel" Would you like lower credit card interest rates as low as 6.9%. If so press this number or press this number to be placed on our do not call list.
I found a website that seems to be theirs (https://www.cardmemberservices.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/cms/exp...). Ironically the site is about protecting your identity! I called the number for personal cards (877-999-3872) I was asked to key in my 16 digit credit card number so I pressed 0 and got the "invalid response" reply. I then pressed 0, 16 times, I was transferred to a live person. Her voice had an accent and I am sure she has recorded a similar message that "Rachel" uses.
She asked me for my credit card number, after I explained to her that someone, with them, had been calling me repeatedly asking for my credit card number and social security number... She asked me for my credit card number and I told her I didn't have a card with them. She then asked me for my social security number!!! I told her she was doing what the callers do too often and I wanted it to stop. She said she could put me on their do no call list and I explained they had done that over 200 times already. I told her that her lack of concern bothered me and I asked her for a number to her legal department and she said she could give me a fax number. I said ok. I asked her for the name of the contact person. She asked me to hold... When she came back she said there was no fax number nor name but I could call this number 212-552-5043 and leave a message and someone would call me back... I believe this is the one calling us.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Feb, 2011 by   Mols 0 Votes
I keep getting calls from this idiotic so called company. It shows up on caller ID, wireless caller, but they say thier name is Cardmember Services and wanting your info to get you a lower rate on your credit cards. First it starts off as a recording saying that this is a call regarding your credit card. Then when you push to connect to a human they want to sell you something. After research I found that these idiots are scammers and don't do buisness with them. They cal 1-4 times a day and after I ask them thier names or actual buisness name and address, they hang up. So I had them checked out and also contacted FCC. They are known scammers and again do not give them no information.
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by   snow46 0 Votes
These people have been calling me for a long time. Now when I start to say I am on do not call list they hang up. I know a company can be sued if they keep calling after you have told them. I have had them call me 3 to 4 times a day. I am so sick of it... if people all got together and get a lawyer after to sue cardmemeber services they will think before calling again
 20th of Sep, 2013 by   jonesam 0 Votes
I got the same call. When I asked the dude, with a thick Indian accent named "James J Anderson", why he needs my CC number he said to bring my interest rates down. I told him these rates are between me and my bank. I'll call my bank. He kept refusing and then I told him I am busy leave me alone and he would not. Finally, I said I will give you my CC number if you give me yours with no intention to do so. He agreed and gave me his CC # with his name and expiration date. LOL! While he was waiting to get mine, I told him what about the security code and then he flipped out and started cussing at me and telling me to go #$%# myself, you @#$ARD... LOL. So, if there is a real James J Anderson, that dude just gave up your card number like it was nothing. Somebody need to get on this ppl.

Do Gas Saving Devices Work?

Latest Groups