logo

Houshang Attar Jafari
drug money
2. (21 mins ago)
Oakley
No replacement parts for broken hinge
3. (37 mins ago)

Posted:    J B

Scam

Card Holder Services
Canada
Card Holder Services is calling across Canada from the USA (Petersburg, Virginia). They get around the "Do not call" lists because Canadian and US government agencies are too lazy to work together to stop this non-sense.

Do not give out ANY information to this company. At best they will charge you for something you can get free elsewhere, at worst your information will be abused. Either way, you lose!

Do complain in any way you can, but don't expect the calls to stop...
Comments Canada Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Mar, 2009 by   Ann 0 Votes
Card Holder Services...SCAM! They wouldn't give out any other name...they offered to lower my interest rates IF I gave them my credit card #'s and security code! When I started asking for verifying information and they hung up...I had three calls from them today!! I am on the national do not call list, with this scam I doubt if it matters...I suppose they will just dump the cell phone before getting caught.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   Hezakiah +1 Votes
I just got a call from "Card Services" five minutes ago and first they ask what your debt is on your total cards, then ask which is your highest interest one, then they ask for expiration date, then the number.

I told him I don't give out my number on the phone and if he had the number to verify what company he was with. He said he'll give me his number and I could call HIM back LOLOL

I wonder how many muttonheads fall for this garbage and wind up with their highest interest card maxed before the day is out.
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   Bazooka Bill 0 Votes
Buy an air horn... press 1, pretend to be interested... then let them have it when they least expect. Then say "suck this mutha fucka!"
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   Jcunny 0 Votes
Today I received 2 calls (recorder) from Michelle and Rachel at Cardholder Services. I have caller ID and the numbers are 305-000-5835 and 352-555-0000 (both from Florida) and I have my number listed on the Do Not Call list as I do with all my phone numbers. Our government has no clue as to how annoying these calls are and is obviously doing nothing to stop it. I have read blogs going back 2-3 years with the same complaints. What good is the Do Not Call List if it continues to allow people like this to make the calls? I think the Do Not Call list is just smoke and mirrors and does nothing to followup on complaints. Over the last several years I have probably sent then 100+ phone numbers but nothing changes. You can rest assured that the above 2 phone numbers are bogus...how do the phone companies allow them in the first place?
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   Class Action 0 Votes
I'm on the National Do Not Call Registry. I think the
company should be shut down as an example. I receive calls
from "Rachel" every couple of weeks. Several times, I
asked to be removed from their list, and was told I was.
The calls continue. Now, when I ask for contact information,
they simply hang up on me. What use is a National Do Not
Call registry if there's no way to identify who's calling
illegally?
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   Bill1 0 Votes
Cardholder Services crossed the line today by making a terroristic threat, which is probably a felony.

I have been harassed repeatedly by Cardholder Services in violation of Do Not Call. Today, I read the woman at the other end off (but no threats other than reporting them to law enforcement and for violating Do Not Call) in the hope that they might stop. A few minutes later, a man called me back and began to read me off for trash-talking "his girl." I told him that, as they were making harassing phone calls I would speak to her and to him in any manner I chose. At some point in this heated exchange, he said, "I am going to send somebody to your house to kill you." I replied, "You have just committed a felony, " at which point he hung up.

Oh yes, *69 (Call Return) gave me 305-000-3525.
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   Bill1 0 Votes
How do you know they are in Petersburg VA?
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   mastiffnomad 0 Votes
I just got a call from chs and went thru the process to speak to an aget and when thay picked up I polietly informed him that it was illeagle to sollist someonr over a cell phone in the state I live in. What was his responce you ask well here it is " well what the fuck did you answer the phone for?" I'm a cab driver so my cell phone is what makes me money therefor I always answer it, his responce to that was to say he had my wife ( he said her name) under his desk giving him a blowjob and then cus me out some more. Funny thing is I don't even have a credit card or debit card nor have I ever so why are thay calling me at all?
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   Shatupon 0 Votes
I need to put my 2 cents worth in. These people will cus you out in a sec flat. The Federal goverment needs to shut them down. I have ask properly many times to be taken off there list and I am also told no problem.
Sure enought I get call from them about two weeks later. So I ask to speak to a manager. Thats when the cussing starts.
 3rd of May, 2011 by   CALL CARDHOLDER SERVICES 0 Votes
HERE IS CARHOLDER SERVICES NUMBER (I'VE VERIFIED IT): 1-866-845-6273. Don't give them any info, obviously, but eventually you will be asked to press "1" for "lost or stolen cards." And you might get put through to an operator who marginally speaks English. Harass them, insult them, feign interest & waste their time, keep calling back -- at least five times for every time they call you. Then call your congressman's office -- make them do something about these scumbuckets (Lamborn in Colorado is too lazy and worthless to help, but maybe yours will help).
 3rd of May, 2011 by   CALL CARDHOLDER SERVICES 0 Votes
I heartily agree.
Call 1-866-845-6273. That's the same slimey outfit, even though they change their name from time to time.
 25th of May, 2011 by   JTHawk 0 Votes
This is a citation that has already been submitted to them: http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2007/DA-07-977A1.html
I just got off the phone with a sweet lady from the FCC and she says they're doing their best to track down these "spoofers" and make what they're doing illegal thru new legislation. All the information you can send in is helpful. The quicker the FTC gets the numbers, the quicker they are able to shut them down.
Always file formal fraud complaints thru the Federal Trade Commission and your state's Attorney General. Complaint forms are available at www.ftc.gov
After filing a complaint on any new numbers that come thru, add these numbers to your phones' "blocked calls" list. Customer service thru your various phone providers should be able to help you with that if needed. Unless of course you'd rather keep them around to vent your screams on... :}
 28th of Jun, 2011 by   bsdssaab +1 Votes
i just recieved a call from card holders as well, , , , , , i pressed 1 a guy answered and i told that this company had called me repeatedly. he interupted with a very loud voice and said i pressed the wrong #, did i need them to lower my intrest rate on my card, i replied again that i had asked to be taken off the call list, he yelled at me calling me an ignorant little h%$^!!! i said excuse me! he said do me to lower ur intrst rate?... i hung up! the # on my caller i.d. is 800-900-2008 i called it back and recieved automated system to talk live with exciting people!!!?????
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   EdJack +1 Votes
I just received a call on my work cell from (803) 307-9391 and of course I was unable to call this number back to complain, receiving a message saying the mail box was full and could not receive new message.
 11th of Nov, 2011 by   Fronie +1 Votes
I have been receiving three or more calls per day from "Ashley and Rachel" at card holder services. Here's what I am going to try the next time they call: At my computer, I will have this page open. I contains a recording of the tone a telephone company uses to denote a non-working phone number. Without saying anything, I will answer the phone, hold it next to my computer's speaker, and play the tone. In the past, I successfully used this tone to rid myself of another company that used auto-dialers. In that instance, the company got my number after my daughter signed up to win free cookware at a bridal show. The scam company was actually selling honeymoon packages. I'd heard that if the auto-dialer detects the tone, it will drop the number called from its database. I sure hope it works! The last time I played the non-working number tone, I'd recorded it on a microcassette recorder after calling the number of a local business I knew had gone out of business. I detest the company behind "card holder services."
 20th of Jan, 2012 by   primitivegerm +1 Votes
Oh the anger just comes out when these people call. Unfortunately I've only lasted five seconds with these people. Anything other than yes will get you a guaranteed hang up. I'd love to get one call that will last long enough to relive some stress. Anyone know of a working call back #? I've got unlimited minutes and a 12 pack of beer.
 30th of Jan, 2012 by   123originator +2 Votes
I have recd two calls from this place in several days. It comes up as Wilmington DE on my called ID.It is pre recorded from ' Alice" I then pressed one. got a guy who didn't identify himself so I asked. Name is "Chris" told him to stop calling/that I would report, etc. This isn't the first either. Got another yet today. This time when I picked up and didn't say anything, no pre recording.The first one broke thru my silence and started in but not this time. I have a log from several yrs now of various scammers; have talked to the FCC, etc.Nothing is being done.I guess any number, published or non is getting these as I am not published.They are annoying to say the least. They come while I am gone( I can star 69 and get prev #'s calling) and start in the early am to evening.

I still can't believe I actually got thru to a human(and that is questionable) and was able to tell them but the calls still come in.

Are we supposed to deluge the FCC with calls and complaints now as the registry is a joke. In prev times, the numbers were scrambled but same msg. Now the number is the same. They are bold.
 1st of Feb, 2012 by   aweyer 0 Votes
I just received a call from them and hit "0" because a lot of times that will remove you from their list or take you to a person so you can ask. It did take me to a woman and when I asked if there was any way to be removed from their list she said "ok" really snotty and hung up on me!
 27th of Feb, 2012 by   tired of Rachel 0 Votes
Rachel is now calling from Canada... Will the fun never stop, I pray the company doing this is reading this because I will not stop till I find you.. Oh and have a nice day
 1st of Mar, 2012 by   Pammy55 0 Votes
Here are more numbers to watch out for. The name used is Jennifer from card Holder Services and of course there is Rachel.
724-595-7130 in Pa; 407-702-0538 in Fl; 360-529-6130 in Wa; 360-529-6156 in Wa. I sent these to the FCC. I also talked with the FCC today.. She said it is very hard because they are spoofing calls. So these numbers aren't legit.
I would love to harrass them back.

Sunscreen Labels May Give False Sense of Safety