Posted:

Scam

3.8
Canada
Card Holder Services is calling across Canada from the USA (Petersburg, Virginia). They get around the "Do not call" lists because Canadian and US government agencies are too lazy to work together to stop this non-sense.

Do not give out ANY information to this company. At best they will charge you for something you can get free elsewhere, at worst your information will be abused. Either way, you lose!

Do complain in any way you can, but don't expect the calls to stop...
Complaint comments Comments (50) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Telemarketing

Comments

26th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Card Holder Services...SCAM! They wouldn't give out any other name...they offered to lower my interest rates IF I gave them my credit card #'s and security code! When I started asking for verifying information and they hung up...I had three calls from them today!! I am on the national do not call list, with this scam I doubt if it matters...I suppose they will just dump the cell phone before getting caught.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I just got a call from "Card Services" five minutes ago and first they ask what your debt is on your total cards, then ask which is your highest interest one, then they ask for expiration date, then the number.

I told him I don't give out my number on the phone and if he had the number to verify what company he was with. He said he'll give me his number and I could call HIM back LOLOL

I wonder how many muttonheads fall for this garbage and wind up with their highest interest card maxed before the day is out.
 25th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Buy an air horn... press 1, pretend to be interested... then let them have it when they least expect. Then say "suck this mutha fucka!"
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Today I received 2 calls (recorder) from Michelle and Rachel at Cardholder Services. I have caller ID and the numbers are 305-000-5835 and 352-555-0000 (both from Florida) and I have my number listed on the Do Not Call list as I do with all my phone numbers. Our government has no clue as to how annoying these calls are and is obviously doing nothing to stop it. I have read blogs going back 2-3 years with the same complaints. What good is the Do Not Call List if it continues to allow people like this to make the calls? I think the Do Not Call list is just smoke and mirrors and does nothing to followup on complaints. Over the last several years I have probably sent then 100+ phone numbers but nothing changes. You can rest assured that the above 2 phone numbers are bogus...how do the phone companies allow them in the first place?
 1st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I'm on the National Do Not Call Registry. I think the
company should be shut down as an example. I receive calls
from "Rachel" every couple of weeks. Several times, I
asked to be removed from their list, and was told I was.
The calls continue. Now, when I ask for contact information,
they simply hang up on me. What use is a National Do Not
Call registry if there's no way to identify who's calling
illegally?
 9th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Cardholder Services crossed the line today by making a terroristic threat, which is probably a felony.

I have been harassed repeatedly by Cardholder Services in violation of Do Not Call. Today, I read the woman at the other end off (but no threats other than reporting them to law enforcement and for violating Do Not Call) in the hope that they might stop. A few minutes later, a man called me back and began to read me off for trash-talking "his girl." I told him that, as they were making harassing phone calls I would speak to her and to him in any manner I chose. At some point in this heated exchange, he said, "I am going to send somebody to your house to kill you." I replied, "You have just committed a felony, " at which point he hung up.

Oh yes, *69 (Call Return) gave me 305-000-3525.
 12th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
How do you know they are in Petersburg VA?
 15th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I have been getting calls from Card Holder Services for the last two weeks. I get from 1 to 6 calls a day. They say to press 1 if you want to lower your interest rate and 3 if you want to be taken off their list. If you press 1 and tell them anything other than Yes, I want to lower my interest rate, they hang up on you. So after two weeks of pressing 3 or trying to find out who they are, I decided to go along with them. Steve answered my call. He said I needed to pre-qualify then qualify. He asked if I had a Visa or Mastercard, I said yes, both, and he asked which one I owed more money on. I said the MasterCard. He asked what the interest rate is and I said 19% (this is all made up stuff, I don't have credit cards). He asked me I was current on my cards and if any were over the limit. I said No, he said I was pre-qualified, but before he could send me to a financial advisor, he would need to get ONE of my credit card numbers to "do a credit check, without doing a credit check". I told him that he called me and that I have no idea who he is and he proceeded to tell me he was with a company that was trying to help me by lowering my interest rate. I asked how they do it and he said they are a "negotiating company". I told him that I would feel more comfortable if I could call him back. He said he would give me the customer service number and to ask for him. I tried to get his last name, but he said he was the only Steve there. He gave me 1 877 310-6819. When I called Jennifer answered with "Revenue Consultants" I told her I thought I was reaching Card Holder Services, she said I was, but the main company is "Revenue Consultants". I told her I wanted to look them up in the BBB and asked if she would tell me where they are located and she said Florida. So now, I will add this information to my complaint with the FTC and the District Attorney. YES, I think all of you should call Card Services and Harrass them as they have been harrassing us.
 27th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just got a call from chs and went thru the process to speak to an aget and when thay picked up I polietly informed him that it was illeagle to sollist someonr over a cell phone in the state I live in. What was his responce you ask well here it is " well what the fuck did you answer the phone for?" I'm a cab driver so my cell phone is what makes me money therefor I always answer it, his responce to that was to say he had my wife ( he said her name) under his desk giving him a blowjob and then cus me out some more. Funny thing is I don't even have a credit card or debit card nor have I ever so why are thay calling me at all?
 24th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Hi this is Rachel from card holder servies, ... from a wireless call 919-228-1303.. I pushed 9 today since they keep calling after i asked them to stop calling me.. I told the girl that she needs to go to church and hung up... Last time they called from a 000-000-0000 us gov and it was card holder servies and i asked them to stop calling me.. they call me alot, , its been many years now and i ask them to put me on the no not call list and i am on the do not call list .gov and to stop calling me and to stop calling us...I also told them to stop calling us last year this year every year for many of years do not call us...can i talk to your superviser and they hang up on me...they call back i push 9 the only number they give out and i say please stop calling me...
can I call you? can i have your home number?
please stop calling me... stop calling my home number...
 25th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just wrote to the Minnesota Attorney General's office to file a complaint. Do the same in your state!
 26th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I need to put my 2 cents worth in. These people will cus you out in a sec flat. The Federal goverment needs to shut them down. I have ask properly many times to be taken off there list and I am also told no problem.
Sure enought I get call from them about two weeks later. So I ask to speak to a manager. Thats when the cussing starts.
 28th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Their real phone number is: 954-426-2642, which is registered to PHL International at 836 S Military Trail, Deerfield Beach FL - head honcho is Mark Burton (little jewish guy who is never at the call center). Their parent company is American Debt Negotiators (866-969-4236), owned by Ran David Barnea, supposed home address is 21955 Cypress Dr, Apt 48f, Boca Raton, FL. They use several spoof names such as "Cardholder Services."
 4th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
i played along, gave a ton of bullshit yet sincere answers and i was tranfered by the robo calling company (heather at Cardholder Services) to

Premiere Debt Solutions
(407) 219-5960
4207 Vineland Rd, #M14, Orlando, FL 32811
Cross Streets: Between Sindelar Way and 34th St SW

Neighborhood: Florida Center North Orlando, FL
 31st of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
If you get a Robo-call from Rachel or Heather don't get mad...GET EVEN!

Get a live person on the line and “Prank” them. Keep them on as long as possible, give a phoney name and number, ask stupid questions, use foreign accents, pretend to misunderstand what they are offering and make them explain it over and over. It's great (and satisfying) entertainment. The last one I “Pranked” was so greedy that she kept trying to “qualify” me in spite of every defect I pretended to have. I finally told her “that ever since I lost “ma laig” the only job I can get is at the IHOP”. There was a long silence, then she hung up. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO CALL AGAIN!
 31st of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
If you get a Robo-call from Rachel or Heather don't get mad...GET EVEN!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THEM TO CALL AGAIN!
 3rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
HERE IS CARHOLDER SERVICES NUMBER (I'VE VERIFIED IT): 1-866-845-6273. Don't give them any info, obviously, but eventually you will be asked to press "1" for "lost or stolen cards." And you might get put through to an operator who marginally speaks English. Harass them, insult them, feign interest & waste their time, keep calling back -- at least five times for every time they call you. Then call your congressman's office -- make them do something about these scumbuckets (Lamborn in Colorado is too lazy and worthless to help, but maybe yours will help).
 3rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I heartily agree.
Call 1-866-845-6273. That's the same slimey outfit, even though they change their name from time to time.
 9th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

Card Holder Services - Unwanted calls ignoring do not call list
Card Holder Services

I received the 2nd call today from Card Holder Services. As soon as you express anything other than "sign me up", they immediately hang up on you.

I understand that they are in violation of FCC Order DA-07-977A1 (2007), which was the citation issued on 2007-03-02. Please make them stop.
 25th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
This is a citation that has already been submitted to them: http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2007/DA-07-977A1.html
I just got off the phone with a sweet lady from the FCC and she says they're doing their best to track down these "spoofers" and make what they're doing illegal thru new legislation. All the information you can send in is helpful. The quicker the FTC gets the numbers, the quicker they are able to shut them down.
Always file formal fraud complaints thru the Federal Trade Commission and your state's Attorney General. Complaint forms are available at www.ftc.gov
After filing a complaint on any new numbers that come thru, add these numbers to your phones' "blocked calls" list. Customer service thru your various phone providers should be able to help you with that if needed. Unless of course you'd rather keep them around to vent your screams on... :}

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree