logo

Coca Cola Great Britain
Spam mail
2. (1 mins ago)
Eurochance100.co.uk
They want only my bank name and sort code for direct debit
3. (4 mins ago)
Discount Cleaning Products

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Carbonite, New York Complaints & Reviews - Loss my files!

Carbonite Contacts & Informations

Carbonite

Posted:    smated

Loss my files!

Carbonite.com
New York
www.carbonite.com
Please digg my story:

If you accidentally delete or otherwise lose files, it takes just a few clicks on your desktop to get them back. If your computer is damaged, stolen or "just dies" and you lose all your files, just visit Carbonite's website from a new computer. Within minutes you'll be able to begin restoring all your files.
As seen on: Carbonite.com

Have you considered how much of your life is on your computer? Photos, emails, music, financial records, documents, and so much more. How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and everything was gone?
As seen on: Why Carbonite

The irony is overwhelming.

In the 2 years that I have had my Carbonite subscription I have only had to restore files once I think. There were countless files on my Carbonite backup drive. I went to restore a few files today and was shocked to see that nothing was available. Carbonite says that they have ZERO files available for me to restore.

I promptly went to Carbonite and logged into my account. Yes, I took initiative because customer support is always a nightmare with any company. I was not able to restore any files so I sent an email to Carbonite support:

Carbonite has been great up until recently. To say the very least, I am furious right now. I renewed my subscription for "billy-pc" and it states that my backup contains ZERO files!?!? (screenshot attached).

Furthermore, when I go to restore files it shows two drives which also contain ZERO files!

I have recently added my mac pro to my carbonite account but as of right now I think that was a waste of money if my files are not as safe as you make them out to be.

I do customer support myself and I know it sucks to deal with angry customers but it appears that all of my files... over a year of backed up data is gone. I am sure you can understand what kind of fury that would cause...

What can you do about this?

Carbonite Carbonite

Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Feb, 2010 by   veloce 0 Votes
Carbonite is not suitable for pc to pc transfers. It may be ok for restores on the same pc, but if you buy a new pc, forget it. They also will not refund your payment if you cancel the subscription. Buy another hd and install Intel Matrix Storage(free on the Intel website). Then you'll have mirrored hd's. If one fails, you can still use the other hd and have ample time to replace the failed hd.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   Dave Tellock 0 Votes
I have gotten no help from Carbonite after trying to restore files. It says there are no back up files. Their Customer Support is useless. I think it is all automated. I will not renew my subscription. They stay in business by getting new customers to replace the ones that find out Carbonite is useless.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   Dave Tellock 0 Votes
Customer Service responses are all worded exactly the same.
 18th of Mar, 2011 by   Keller Williams 0 Votes
I had tried, for three days, to restore my data. I finally called Carbonite to find out why my restore was being stopped before all of my files where restored.

The first help came from India...a very personable man. My computer was the problem and we resolved the issue. So I thought. Again, only partial restore; 15000 of 97000 files restored. Call service again.

This time I got Patty M, a rude, condescening b----! She would not let me explain what has transpired with my previous call and started asking all sorts or irrelevant questions. As I continued to explain, she cut me off and told me to listen to her...basically, shut up and listen dummy. This set the tone of the balance of the conversation...I asked her name, she said Patty, I asked "what is your last name?" She replied M. I said that is not a name. She said I don't give out my name and I don't have too, then hangup on me. Some service and support huh?

I am going with Mozy when my subscription expires and cancelled my automatic renewal.

I just don't understatnd how you can help someone solve their issues if you don't listen to their problem and what they have done to solve it. Call me crazy.

Good by Carbonite, thanks to Patty M ( wherever you are) hello, Mozy.
Carbonite, as well as others, should have someone to report this kind of service.
 21st of Aug, 2011 by   DT99 0 Votes
They also delete all your files if you do not renew within 30 days. I had an issue that kept me from auto renewing and lost all my backup files.
 19th of May, 2012 by   GoG-Man 0 Votes
BUYER BEWARE - Customer service was poor and contradictory. Service was not as advertised and failed me for almost a year with no notification. Filed a complaint.

Grandparent Scams