Canadian Tire Emissions Inspection

E test

Canadian Tire Automotive
130 Grand Road
Campbellford, Ontario
As a tax paying citizen of Hastings County I work hard to help support, provide for my family and feed my children and after what has unfolded over the last couple of days it will definitely put a financial strain on my household this month. On Wed. March 18/09 I took my vehicle in for it's emissions test at Mc Keown Motors in Spring Brook which my vehicle at that time failed they instructed me of the steps that I needed to follow to get a diagnosis and a pass or a conditional pass, the next day I stopped into Cambellford Canadian Tire and told them of my problem they then set me up an appointment for a diagnostic test ($99.95) for Thursday March 26/09.
The diagnostics test came back that I needed a "Tune up" which I made an appointment for the following Tuesday March 31/09. I dropped my vehicle off that morning and they called me at about 12:30 to say they were almost done they would call after the changed my spark plugs and did a re test on my van, 2:30 they called back to say they were done. I went back into pay my bill $308.96 only to be told that my van had failed the re test with higher numbers than the first test so I questioned the technician as to why it failed he said that it was the catalytic which they had told me checked back ok on the diagnostics. My anger and my frustration comes from the fact that first off why hadn't this shown up the first time(diagnostics) and second if it had of shown up I wouldn't have had to spend over $300 to fix something that didn't need fixing when I would of gotten a conditional pass for the year as a catalytic price is much higher than the repair cost limit $450. And also there is a third how is it humanly possible for the numbers to be higher the second time round after having work done to it that they instructed me need done. I have no problem with getting an emissions test every other year to help the environment out and also the government, but to be taken for a ride financially by a program/ facility in this time of hard ship/recession is down right disgusting.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Canada Complaint category Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful?

8th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Please contact Canadian Tire Campbellford Service directly to have your concern addressed. There seems to be some confusion about the explanation you received and we very much want to address the issues you have raised. Emission testing results can be complex, multi faceted and stress inducing etc. We are committed to keeping this to a minimum, so please contact us, so that we can resolve any issues you may have. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Canadian Tire Campbellford Service
 4th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Canadian tire are ripping everyone that gets a test by saying they had to replace the gas cap and if they don't it would fail.
This is a disgusting abuse of the ability to E-test
 2nd of Oct, 2011 by    -1 Votes
its funny that people complain about big chain stores and their service. They have a head office. call them and have this rectified. They will do everything in their power to fix your problem, if not they encounter a bad rap. which is the last thing they want. If you have the time to complain about something, you have the time to do something about it.
 30th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
store on sheppard and leslie is a scamming operation. Cost to replace a battery: $250. Diagnostic test to confirm battery is dead: $60.
complaining about inflated cost will get you sarcasm and rudeness from the manager. Specialty is not service, but separating money from consumer. Stay away
 16th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
I just brought in my car for an e test at the canadian tire in ottawa up by west hunt club rd, the vehicle passed but after that my sunroof stopped working and now there is a off smell inside the car that gets worse after 10 min of driving, almost like a chemical gas? Not sure if they messed around with my engine while doing my e test but now i am concerned

Contact Us